Motivating Monday Chick-Chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Happy Monday!

First full week of a new month in a new year, and we're all ready to make this one our bestest and most successful year ever! Right? I have my meals and snacks all planned out so I'll be armed and prepared to stay OP. No excuses!!!!

I have my routine cut and color at the hairdresser's first thing this morning, then I should have time to come back home for an hour or two before heading over to the farm. Since I haven't been out there since last Wednesday, I have no idea what I'll be walking into, lol! Audrey has cotillion this afternoon, so I'll be picking up the girls after school and driving down to Wilmington. I think Maggie and I will go walk around the DE. Museum of Natural History to we'll keep warm while waiting for her. It's another bitterly cold day out there!
  • Good morning cottage and all!

You are right, Cottage, it is BITTER out there! My DS is sitting next to me, having a VERY hard time getting ready for the first day back.

I was looking through the fridge, realizing how many meals are planned with grains, etc., and realized that I need to just cut back on the snacking and off plan stuff! I've got some good meals planned this week, we'll see how it goes.

Of course, the day didn't start out right...had my alarm set for 5:15 am to go to the Y and use their treadmills (hopefully, mine will be ready today!), and my regular time was set for pm instead of am...so no-go! I did a bit of Wii fit yoga instead, but that doesn't get my heartrate up. At least I had good intentions, right?

Have a great day!
  • Good morning. My intentions were good about going to the gym until I tried to open the back door. I'm drifted in so need to shovel first. I can relate to your son, Twynn.

Cottage, it sounds as if you have planned your way around cotillion. The museum sounds like a good choice for you during cotillion. Is DE Delaware? I need to look at a map ... just did. Be careful!

The plan for today is to do treadmill in the morning and then go to the gym for resistance this afternoon AFTER shovelling my way out to the barn. The lane gets ploughed but not the walks and steps. Claire is coming over this morning so I need to clear one door as soon as it gets bright.

Some of the Christmas stuff goes away today but I am seriously considering leaving my glittering tree up for the month. I really enjoy it when I have my late afternoon tea in the parlour. People may think I'm nuts but that's not the first or the last time they've had that thought!

Six snowmobiles just went down the road. A morning commute?
  • Good morning I started the day with some Wii Fit yoga too. I'm happy just to be moving and stretching this early

Cottage - The Museum sounds like fun. Bundle up, it's going to be one of those weeks.

Twynn- hope the treadmill is operational again asap! I so empathize with your son. Vacations are great but going back can be tough.

Ruth - Eek! Good luck with the shoveling out. Guess I should look out the window too.

Nothing too exciting today, mostly a typical Monday I hope. 4 days in the office and one on the road this week. Have to remember double sock for sitting at my desk

I'm still completely on plan and feeling better already. Better go plan out my day so I stay that way

Here's to a good first day of a good first work week of the new year! (Thanks Cottage)
  • A quick good morning ladies. I'm off to a good start, got up at 6:15 rather than 6, but better than usual. Showered, laundry going, bento box packed, and kids out the door (although it was painful). Amazingly, DS was not feeling well. Absolutely fine for the whole two weeks of break, then last night suddenly not feeling well. I gave him pepto and sent him out the door.

Today is many telecon Monday, then DD has ortho appt this afternoon. Tomorrow is a Quantico day, so I'll check in again Wednesday. Totally on plan so far, although I've only been awake for 2 hours.

Kara, I'm so sorry about your grandfather.
    Heidi/cottage/jenn/Cyndi, DH and I lived in Maine for a couple of years while he was in Maritime school. We lived in Old Orchard Beach the first year, then had an apartment in downtown Portland. I worked at Casco Northern Bank. We loved it, although not so much the long winter. Mainers are great people.
    Ruth, sounds like a traffic jam! Good luck with that shoveling, glad I don't have any to do today.
    Hope you and Maggie have fun at the museum, cottage!
    Have a great day, Twynn!
  • Happy Monday? Isn't that and oxymoron???

The commute in was horrible (not to mention, bitter cold) and I do not like my new commuter bag at all. It's too bulky, especially with all my SBD friendly foods in it! DW had a slight meltdown about her clothing not fitting and how all her work (3 days worth of exercising mind you) has been for naught. Because of that, I forgot my phone AND key card so today is not starting off on a great foot.

Cottage: I too have the full week Monday woes Hope your week flies by! Enjoy the cut!

Twynn: Good intentions are good intentions (I hate when I do that with the alarm too! That is why it's DW's job!

Ruth: How much snow in total do you have? Stay warm!

Cyndi Yay for feeling better and OP

Schmoodle: What's in the Bento box? Hey, Quantico isn't too far from me!!! And DW said she agrees with the Mainers being great people

Off to start my day at work. Oh bother!
  • Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Cottage. I woke up at 130, went back to bed and just got up! Certainly cuts down my disgressionary time this AM. Gettin your hair done is a perfect start to the new year. Have a great day and stay warm.

Twynn, good intentions and a bit of yoga certainly count! I hope your treadmill is up and running today-it would really make things easier.

Ruth, we've still got the tree up at the big house, on a timer, of course. We'll be back later this week and I'll leave it up awhile longer. No reason not to! I hope you get shoveled out soon!

Cyndi, I'm glad you're feeling better. Bundle up, it sounds like that office is cold!

Schmoodle, thanks for stopping by even though you're really busy. It's always nice to hear from you.

Jenn, stay warm and have a great OP day!

Me, hopping into high gear soon. My original plan was to get up early and finish the knitting project. Can that...I have 2 yoga classes in the water this AM back to back, then I can attack knitting and my lists. First, breakfast and food planning.

See you all later. Have a great day!
  • Good Morning!

Cottage, The museum sounds too fun! Auston would like seeing dinosaurs.

Twynn, I'm with DS, too. Tomorrow is going to be rough for Auston and me.

Cyndi, Bundle up for those office meetings!

Ruth, Snow blocking my door would be my clue to stay home. You're tougher than me!

Schmoodle, You've been busy this morning! What did you pack in the bento box?

Me: One more vacation day. Too bad it's too cold to do anything. It's 18* again this morning, with a high of 36 today. Brrrr!!! Wednesday night into Thursday night, we are supposed to have snow! I don't know I've ever seen snow for 24 hours in this state! I bet school lets out.

Got on the scale this morning. It's not pretty. Not as bad as I thought, but still pretty painful. Although, the most painful part is going to be changing the ticker. Sigh.... A new year, a new start. Yay!!!

ETA: Good Morning, Jenn. Hope your day gets better!
    Debbie, Enjoy your classes! You'll have to take pictures of your hats.
  • Good morning friends!

My plan to head to school half an hour early every day (so I can leave earlier - hopefully - and walk or snowshoe while it's still light out) means it's going to be hard to check in before school. I'm going to try to check in during morning recess, I think it should work out most days. If my posts are full of misspellings and disjointed sentences you'll know it's because I had lots of 5 year olds chattering to me and tugging on me as I type.

Sounds like we're all on track this morning and looking forward to on plan days!

Jenne, I like the new picture.

The kids are pretty wound up, so I don't dare take time for personal messages, but I did enjoy reading your posts. Have a great Monday!

(Let's remember to keep Kara and her family in our thoughts/prayers today.)
  • Does anyone know if Kara got a flight to NJ?
  • So as my facebook buds may have already noticed we have no heat again today! Happened last Monday too. How does a building full of offices run out of oil two weeks in a row?! I"m sticking it out today, mostly because I have PT this afternoon and it's not worth driving home then back into town.

Jenn- Love the new pic!

Chelby - Kara posted to FB, did get a flight home

Schmoodle- here's to another two hours

Heidi - Great plan! I'll miss seeing you first thing in the morning but sounds like a good way to schedule your days.

Debbie - wow, 2 yoga classes sound great. Have fun

OKay back to work. It's tough to type with gloves on
  • Good morning, everyone. I tried to get up early enough to post this morning, but the bed was just too warm. I barely made it to work on time, but at least I'm here!

Kara: My condolences to you and your family. I hope you are safely on your way to NJ by now.

Linda: Sounds like you have a great plan for keeping warm today! I hope it's an interesting museum. You're right, I'm bound and determined to make this year my best ever!!

Twynn: I think good intentions go a long way in keeping motivation at its peak. It's so easy to find excuses that when we put them all aside and do SOMETHING it's a great victory! I hope DS isn't having too hard a time on his first day back!

Ruth: Sounds like you're going to get one heck of a work out in with all the shoveling, treadmilling, and strength training. I'm glad you're feeling better!!

Cyndi: I hope you have a great week, in spite of it being a typical Monday and COLD!! Stay warm and I hope it's not too painful!

Schmoodle: Sounds like you're your usual busy self! I hope you have a great day!

Jenne: I really love the new pic! I hope the day brightens up after your hectic morning.

Chelby: I could use another day of vacation to catch up on all the stuff I didn't do over the holidays! Oh well. My first step on the scale this year wasn't pretty, either, but we're on the right track!!

Heidi: Sounds like you have a great plan for getting a great workout in! We'll forgive any typos there are...we've all been around little ones while trying to type out a cohesive thought. Have a wonderful day!

Me: Not much going here. I've got to get myself and my girls caught up and back on task. We need to take down the office Christmas decor as well this morning, so it'll be busy once I decide to actually get to work!

I'm doing much better sticking to plan and got a workout in yesterday, even if it was somewhat wimpy. I made a taco bake last night as well as a frittata for breakfasts, so I'm pretty much set for healthy meals for the next few days!

Well, I guess I'd better get going on those decorations; they're not going to put themselves away.
  • Thanks to you all re: the new pic. It's more reflective of what I look like now, plus it's my "professional" shot. It will be on my work website I think so why the heck not. When I am down a few more pounds, I will take another of my face.

Maybe even do a "Jenn thru the last 5 years" with all my yo-yo'ing since I was too stubborn to stay on the Beach!

Work is hosting lunch today. I am nervous -- they are having "grilled" chicken, shrimp and salmon but I think I will stick with my veggies and dip since I don't know what it's grilled with. Which means I get grilled too as to why I am not eating the food. UGH!
  • Afternoon, Chicks!

It's been a while since I was here, and you'll never guess what... I put weight on. On the plus side, I haven't gained all the weight I lost, so I'm hoping that I can blast through Phase One and get rid of all the water retention and bloat that I've got and get back on a steady weight-loss track. I am visiting some friends in the US at the end of March, so I'd love to be a bit slimmer by then. (I am petrified that my bottom won't fit into the seat on the plane.)

So today is day one, and so far so good!
  • Hello everyone,
    quick flyby I have too much to do at work.

Kara- my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jenn- love your new picture

Shimmy- back to the beach.

Still doing good day 4- but first day back at work and my clothes are snug- but this is tom week so I will plough ahead and weigh in this weekend.

Have a good day everyone else and stay warm it's finally up to 17 now.