3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Remembering why I love the SBD! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/189526-remembering-why-i-love-sbd.html)

Hello Nurse 01-03-2010 02:10 PM

Remembering why I love the SBD!

I lost about 50 lbs on South Beach about 5 years ago. For whatever reason, I fell off the wagon and gained it all back, plus another 20 or so. Since then I have tried every other diet plan out there because I did not want to give up carbs and sweets. Well, I finally came to the conclusion that I have to get this weight off, and I needed to go with the only plan that has worked for me in the past. I started phase one on January 1.

Wow! I now remember so clearly why I loved this plan! I am down 6 lbs in two days (OK, I know alot is water, but hey it is numbers on the scale), I am eating really good, fresh foods, and I am full! I eat a hearty breakfast then go about my day and before I know it, it is lunch time and I am not even really hungry yet! I know snacks are important on this plan, and I eat them when I am hungry, but often snack time sails by without me noticing it! I went to the movies yesterday and did not even blink at passing by the popcorn and candy. I am loving this!

So, I guess I am a convert for life. There is nothing that works for me like this plan. I am coming to terms with the fact that white bread, rice, and pasta are out forever, but I am looking forward to adding some great whole grain products in phase II. I am really looking forward to FRUIT! In fact, I am considering adding back only fruit for a while since I have so much to lose, and I am really not missing the grains terribly right now.

Sorry for the random babbling, but I am just so excited about South Beach and had to share! :carrot:

little chick 01-03-2010 02:38 PM

Welcome back. And congrats on the first 6 pounds gone. Keep up the good work.

ddmbMom 01-03-2010 03:28 PM

I agree! I love SBD also!

I lost around 40 with it 4 years ago. I have gained about half of it back. Actually I was able to maintain the weight loss for about 3 years which is the problem with most diets. It seems like I can lose weight with any diet when I set my mind to it, but I always gain it back immediately. To keep it off for 3 years was amazing! I actually felt like that was my normal weight. Stress this past year got me eating everything in sight the past 6 months but I feel in control now too. This is day 7 for me in phase 1 and I feel great! Pants are not killing me as much as they were a week ago. :D
I'm so excited to find this message board also!

newyearnewme2010 01-03-2010 04:28 PM

hello!

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum. I just went out and bought all the items for phase one. I had much success with SBD after doing it years ago but like everyone else i had gained it back and then some :(

So here i am again. I am about 155 pounds, and i need to lose about 20 pounds. The 130's are definitely my "happy weight", as i am only 5'6".

Looking for some support from you all who are also doing it! Let's keep each other motivated..

Happy New Year!
:carrot:

cottagebythesea 01-03-2010 06:42 PM

:welcome: to The Beach! We look forward to getting to know all of you better and good luck!

murphmitch 01-03-2010 06:55 PM

Welcome to all you newbies. There are a lot of us loyal South Beachers here! You'll get a lot of support here. The FAQ's & recipes here are a godsend. Congrats Hello Nurse! You're off to a wonderful start! :welcome2:

jenne1017 01-03-2010 07:08 PM

:welcome2: back to most of you!

HelloNurse: I am the same way. I went looking around for an easier way to do it and I can't find a plan that I can maintain so easily. The SB WOL makes me happy and it's easiest for me to commit to.

KKBs Nicole 01-03-2010 10:57 PM

I'm loving SB. I was on WW for a while and yes I lost weight but I gained it all back and became obsessed with counting points. Today I noticed something that never happened for me while on WW ... not only do I not have regular cravings but my appetite has greatly diminished. It seems like I was always hungry on WW, or at least thinking about my next meal, but not on SB :)

RHP9 01-04-2010 02:57 PM

hey i am new to the beach too ( and this website) ... i started phase 1 january first as well.. CONGRATS on the 6lbs!! i love reading everyones posts and seeing their success because it motivates me to do better!
hello nurse - GREAT JOB!! keep up the great work

newyearnewme2010 01-04-2010 03:57 PM

question- yesterday i made grilled chicken with a marinade that has 4g of sugar (per serving and i used 2 servings for an entire packet of chicken) in it, is this a no-no on phase 1?

litar 01-04-2010 04:24 PM

I am also new to SBD...I have felt better on this diet than I have in a while! I started a few days before New Years. I have a question... I didn't see lowfat cottage cheese on the list of Phase 1 foods. Is that allowable or not???

newyearnewme2010 01-04-2010 04:56 PM

yes, cottage cheese is allowed. It's listed in a few of the "snack" options in that actual meal plan. i like to eat the cottage cheese with almonds. :)

Fat Melanie 01-04-2010 05:09 PM

Cottage cheese and almonds? Gotta try that! Sounds like a good snack. Also cottage cheese and cinnamon is another idea to try.

Good luck Hello Nurse! You're doing great.

Hello Nurse 01-04-2010 08:37 PM

Thanks for the support, everyone! Newyearnewme2010, 4 gm per serving is an awful lot, IMO. Read the ingredients, if it has added sugar, high fructose corn syrup or other sugary by products, it is a no-no for SBD. Don't stress about little mistakes like that, I am sure most of us have made them. Just keep going and reading labels and you will be great!

cannotstandpics 01-04-2010 08:52 PM

Carb addict

I have also tried WW and can do well, but my downfall is definitely carbs. Quitting carbs is like quitting smoking; once you get past the first few days, it seems to get a bit easier. I just started Phase one today. I am so glad I accidentally happened upon this site last week. I am looking forward to working together toward our "new year goals."