Hello

• Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shakerra and I officially started the SBD on 12/14/09. To date, I have lost 14 pounds. I started Phase 2 today. Since starting this "new way of life" I am feeling really good about myself and my health. I look forward to chatting with you guys and sharing the ups and downs of the SBD lifestyle. Happy New year guys.

Shakerra
  • Hello Shakerra and

Congrats on your weight loss so far! You were brave to start SBD during the holidays, but it just gets easier from here on out.

I joined in May 2009, and my daily participation on these forums has really helped me to stay focused. Please jump in and join in. As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a weekly "on plan" thread, and a daily chat where we discuss anything and everything.

Best Wishes!
  • Welcome, Shakerra! We're so glad you've joined us!!!
  • Shakerra, and congratulations on your success so far.
  • Hi Shakerra! It's nice to meet you!
  • Hi Shakerra, from a fellow newbie. Gotta run and eat my breakfast or I won't make it to cycling class! Have a great day.
  • Hey Shakerra!

Is the 102006 a special date? I ask because my anniversary is 102001...so it wrung a bell!

Welcome to the beach!
  • Shakerra! You were really brave to start on the Beach right before the holidays, and Super Congratulations for sticking to it and losing so much weight so far!
  • Welcome to SB. Have you browsed the SB recipes here? That's what really got me off to a good start along with the FAQ's. I wouldn't have been successful without this forum.
  • Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Thanks for all of the warms welcomes. As hard as it may be to believe, dieting during the holidays wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I just kept my goal in mind and resisted all temptation.

@ TwynnB, 102006 is a VERY special number to me. It's my wedding aniversary 10-20-06. Thanks for asking.

@ murphmitch, Yes, I have browsed the recipes on this board. Just as you stated, i wouldn't have made it through (Phase 1 especially) without the help of this board. The fact that I kept coming back to the board for recipes and advice, is the main reason that I decided to join. Aside from the fact that I am REALLY serious about losing weight and keeping it off.
  • Welcome!

Glad you're here and steadily moving through!