South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Beach Happenings

I'm really appreciating my hot coffee on this frigid, blustery morning. I can hear the gusts of wind whipping around outside and rattleling against the windows. I may put on a pot of soup before I go over to the girls' house.

We spent part of yesterday at the mall, exchanging some clothes and letting the girls spend some of their Christmas money. They both wanted another Webkins that Santa forgot to bring them. I couldn't believe how crowded the mall was, though. Business must be booming this year!
I think we're going to just stay home and indoors today, and learn how to play a few of the new games they got. I may let each of the girls invite a friend over for a playdate, too.

Well, I'm trying to get the laundry done before I head out, and the dryer just stopped. Have a great day and try to stay warm!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, Linda! You reminded me that I have to throw some laundry in. It's a yucky rainy day here, so at least I will be kept busy folding clothes. I also need to clean the third floor and downstairs entry and bathroom. Haven't done much this morning except get my exercise in.

What new games did the girls get? We got a couple great ones this year. Tom's dad sent Connect 4, which is one of my all-time favorite games. We also got the kids Shut the Box, which is lots of fun, and Connor got a Lego game that is kind of like that old game Mastermind. You have to put the game together before you can play because it's made of Legos, so he had fun with that. We love games around here and I'm always looking for new recommendations.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Kara! The girls got Uno, Blink, and a couple of board games that I can't remember the names of. They have tons of games, and we have a lot of fun playing them, and they're good at them. Connect 4 is one of our favorite games, too. Happy cleaning! Do you still have your Christmas stuff up? I'm putting all my stuff away on New Year's day.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's going to be a big coffee & tea day here - extremely cold and windy. My little car doesn't like the wind on the highway and our office bldg is so old we can watch the plants move when the wind blows. Yes, my desk is right next to a window

Cottage - Spending time with the new stuff seems like a great idea. Soup also sounds good. I think I'll load the crockpot before I go too.

Kara - My brother and I loved Connect 4 as kids! Can't believe kids still play that one

I got lucky yesterday because the furnace gave out at work. We were sent home after lunch. Today I'm sure I'll have to work a full day, like real people I do have massage at 4 to look forward to though.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We went to bed last night at 7, got up at midnight and hit the road at 2:30. Two hours with dry roads and a bright moon and we're ready to start our day on the Western Slope. It's chilly here, 15 degrees, but I'm ready to go bike riding. There's alot less snow here. Pool at 9, but I plan to drink coffee and get all my vegies processed and put away so I can come home to a nice lunch...I'm just waiting for Kirk to turn the water on.

Cottage, thanks for starting us up. Soup is on my agenda today, too. Have fun at the mall...and indoors...it sounds like a great gaming day!

Kara, have a great rest of your day! I'm really anxious to get back to my exercise routine.

Cyndi, I hope they got the furnace fixed! Brrr......I hope your day speeds by and massage is relaxing!

I just got the word-water is running! Off to vegie land!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Linda, I haven't heard of Blink. Is that a good one? I do still have my Christmas things up. I usually leave them up until Epiphany, so they've got a week or so left.

Cyndi, I'm jealous of your massage appointment! The kids got me a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure, facial, and massage for Christmas. I think I might break up the pampering to make it last longer. Stay warm today!

Debbie, glad you made it home safely. Have fun with your veggies and try not to turn into a popsicle when you get out of the pool!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Happy Tuesday!

Cottage, Auston would rather put a puzzle together than play a game. He's so mechanical!

Kara, I shared your butternut squash soup recipe with Cyndi. Didn't think you would mind...

Cyndi, I thought the window seat was the good seat!

Debbie, 15 isn't chilly. 15 is stay-in-the-bed cold around here! I complain when it's below 40.

Today is my last day of vacation -- until Friday anyway, and I'm taking next Monday off, too. I really can't complain. I've really enjoyed spending extra time with the family. Auston spent the night with his grandmother last night. Why am I out of bed???

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Chelby-enjoy your last day of vacation....why are you out of bed??? BTW I think it's cool Auston is onto his 2 wheel bike. I'm excited that you may get a bike, too. For me exercise happens much easier when I have the ever changing view on my bike. I'm going to scope out a small ride in my neighborhood even if it's not far.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Company has left and the dogs and I are sad and a bit tired. I think the dogs, my cold and I will go back for a wee nap. No more company until tomorrow so we can have a stay-in-your-robe kind of day.

Edited to Add: Company are coming today instead of tomorrow so......
I'm dressed, have been to the store and am cooking sausages and peppers with salad for lunch! Maybe a nap late this afternoon?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Afternoon ladies!

I am back on the beach (well, a modified version at least) for a while. It really is the only thing that works for me. This time last year I was on my way to losing 30 lbs. in 5 months...I want to be there again!

So here I am...at my almost heaviest and feeling lazy and lethargic. I am off this week so I thought I'd start today. I do need to work in one processed main food a day or every other (mostly going to make it a Boca Burger) so my intestines don't flare which makes me on a modified plan.

I also plan to Wii Fit/Wii Active every other day starting tomorrow (figure I will sugar withdrawl for a day before starting that up too). Only so much shock I should put my body in

Missed you all!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Day chicks, snowy cold and windy here today. I only had one wee one so it was a nice way to break back into the work week. Did some tidying up and have turkey bones simmering away to make a nice soup for tomorrow. Other than that I have not done much of anything. I am going to run to town and pick up youngest dd then home to curl up with a new magazine and a cup of tea. Well gotta to dash as my little guy is getting picked up in 5 minutes. Have a great night
Old 12-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Am on Vacation! Christmas was a little over the top calorie and cash wise so cupboards are a bit bare (of OP stuff at least) until thursday/friday.
so between family events and that I will have a lot of damage control to enact!
Closed Thread