South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wreaths and Wintergreen Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning Everyone

It's wintery here, snow again. I know there's alot I need to do, but right now not much is coming to mind other than coffee and visiting with my beach friends. It seems the rest can wait. Come sit and say hi What's on your list today?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Debbie! Thanks for starting us and continuing on with the theme. You're very close to the title I was going to come up with, "Wassail and Wreaths." We think very much alike!

Today is my last day before my long holiday weekend begins, and I'm hoping it flies by quickly. I'll look like one of Santa's helpers, as I have a big pile of presents and several trays of cookies to take along with me. Where's my Santa hat?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Debbie - love the thread title this morning!

My daughter Beth is here safe and sound, as are the grand cats. Her luggage is somewhere between Houston and here though. Hopefully it will show up today. She had several delays so it was a long day for her and the kitties and we got home later than planned last night, but it's so good to have her here again.
She'll fly back to Houston on Tuesday. The flight leaves at 5 am and we're 2+ hours from the airport so we're thinking of going to Portland on Monday afternoon for some shopping and maybe a movie and staying over so that Beth can get some sleep before facing the trip home. I've got lots to look forward to this week.

Last day of school today, and it's a short one. It's snowing, but warmer so maybe the poor kiddos will finally be allowed outside today. We've had inside recesses for a week now because of cold/wind chill. Bad time of year for that, believe me! lol

I've got tons to do, so I need to log off for now. Hopefully I've have time to check back later today.

Enjoy your Wednesday friends!

ETA: Good morning Cottage! *passes Santa hat* Lots of presents and cookie trays, eh? Sounds like a fun day!

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-23-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Fun day planned. I'm headed to the gym and then to get the car washed, then we are off to New Orleans to pick up my Mother in Law who is in town (also from Houston!) and head to the French Quarter for some strolling and lunch. Also need to hit the French Market for some fresh okra for tomorrow's gumbo making. My husband is also off till the first, so we are looking at some relaxing days. We are going to try to work in the garden over the next week..it is a MESS. The weather is supposed to get rotten again tomorrow, but hopefully we can get to it when it clears...
Heidi, so jealous you have your baby girl! Mine is supposed to come in for Mardi Gras...hope so! How long of a vacation do ya'll have from school?
Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 12-23-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:46 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and great title this morning! I did some wassail last night and there's not a speck of wintergreen outside this morning as we got more snow.

Debbie, I bet there's lots of stuff on the list that really can wait in favour of friends. Mine is certainly getting pared down.

Cottage, so glad you got the gifts and goodies organized. Please give Christmas hugs to Maggie and "Oderia".

Heidi, how great that your DD finally made it! The west coast of Canada got a big Christmas dump last year and travel was really disrupted. Enjoy your time with Beth.

Cat, I am envious of your days plans. I'd love to be strolling the French quarter, shopping for gumbo ingredients and working in the garden!

The tea party yesterday was just lovely and avoided most of the cookies. Tried for a nap when I got home (a cold or something has finally arrived) but Doug came over and we did the Church bulletin together and he started the woodstove for me. I am perfectly capable of doing that but it's great to have somebody else do it.

Today is the luncheon at the clinic for the day away clients but I may skip it and try to get in to the doc instead. With Christmas and company right afterwards, I want to try to nip this "cold" as fast as I can. I have some flowers to pick up and a few last minute booze purchases and then will do some more party cooking. 'Tis the season!

Hope your day is filled with nice things. I am going to sit with another coffee and admire the Bling Tree before I leap into the day.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Cottage, I hope your day passes quickly! This is kind of my last day, too. I need to make a list. I think I need a Santa's helper

Heidi, glad Beth got in safe. Have a superfun day!

Cat, have fun a the French Quarter! I think alot of us would wish the chore of gardening right now.

Ruth, what a lovely wreath! I think the Doc sounds like a priority. Take care today!

See' ya'll later. I may go relax and snuggle up with the family. I've been up since wee hours.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,

Debbie - I am sure after coffee you will have a long list of things to do.

Cottage - Hope the day flies by.

Heidi - Glad DD came in. I too am jealous. Enjoy her company.

Cat - I was wondering the seafood has okra. Its an acquired taste that not too many of us have up North.

Ruth - love your wreath. Yes, take care of yourself, the earlier the better.

me - well the kitchen painting is finished but one wall but there has to be some renovation done on it so that will take place after Christmas. When I started putting things back I just had to wash all the cabinets and shelves so everything is in order for a little while. First year that I am brinning the turkey, its in a big cooler in the garage. Hope its worth it. I am in the process of making little croissants to go with Christmas dinner and DS is making a dessert involving lots of bourbon.
take care
Sophie

Mayl
Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Sophie,actually the word "gumbo" means "okra".It is the African word for okra. kingumbo.
What it does is to thicken the gumbo. I love okra in any way, shape or form..yum!!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Afternoon Chicks, I actually have a few moments to spare to jump in and say Hello. DH is outside with 3 of the 5 wee ones playing in the snow they are making a huge snow fort. I am not sure who is having more fun. I have just finished a patotoe scallop and a pork roast and now have PB cookies in the oven, the house smells yummy. Not quiet ready for Christmas still have a few things to wrap and a few stuffers to grab and need to get some groceries, but that will have to wait til my mom's all pay me. Gotta love the season. Today is my last day as well and I off til next tuesday can't wait for the break. Well gotta dash cookies needs to come out of the oven and I need to clean the kitchen. I will be back tomorrow when have more time. Have a great day.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! Actually, it's already the afternoon here!! We slept in until 9 and breakfast wasn't even finished until 10:30!! Oh how I love Christmas break.

Debbie: Thanks for getting us started. I'm with you today. There's tons on my to-do list, but nothing's an emergency so I'd rather just sit and visit today.

Linda: Hope your day is speeding by. I guess you're halfway done with it by now!

Heidi: I'm glad your daughter and the cats made it safely but what a bummer about here luggage. Enjoy your time with her!!

Cat: I have been avoiding peeking out at the garden for a while. I guess DH and I are waiting for the other one to take control and get it cleaned out. We'll have to face it eventually!! I hope you have a wonderful day in NO!

Ruth: I hope it's just a minor cold and will pass by quickly. DH and I were feeling quite poor again yesterday but today is much better. I'd love to see a pic of the bling tree!!

Sophie: Wow, that was fast! I'm glad the kitchen painting was finished quickly! Enjoy your day and you'll have to let us know how your turkey turns out.

Me: Well, I've gone and done it. I under-planned for the next week and a half and now we're all but going crazy trying to figure out what we're going to eat and when. To be honest, all we had set in stone was that we would have grilled steaks for Christmas dinner and fried turkey this Sunday. Stupid me didn't even plan for sides or what we were going to eat the rest of the week. I'm going a bit crazy figuring it all out and getting the shopping list together. Oh well. We'll get it done.

Okay, off to the lists I go! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas Eve-Eve!!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Chicks - no coffee this late Just a quick stop in tonight because I missed you all this morning. For whatever reason our internet was not working this morning and we were on the road by 8:30. Just got to the motel so I'm catching up a little. Even though the forecast was clear and sunny it's been snowing like crazy since we went over the Greens and this corner of NY is a mess. Seems we hit snow every year!

had a lovely evening with the family and a full day to look forward to tomorrow. I'll be more chatty in the morning

Hope you are all having a good evening and looking forward to a little time of with family or friends or quiet time on your own.
Closed Thread