South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Jumping in mid week.

Dec 15

B-Cinnamon Omlette
S-Cheese stick
L-Chicken salad Greek
S- pistachio's
D- Cheese Burger Salad, Milk
S- French Vanilla cappuccino

Today

B-Egg scramble, red peppers, cheese
S- Cheese sticks
L- Taco salad
S- Pistachio's, Celery pbutter
D- Porkchops, Veggies, milk v8
S- Hot Chocolate!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #17  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I didn't do too well with the sleep. I ended up going to bed around 3:30 am. Ugh. Last night was worse. I'm going to have to go to bed earlier tonight, period. Ugh

Cyndi, that sounds awesome!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #18  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I am having quite a battle with the freezing cold wind blowing through the building monster. I have been hungry all day. On the plus side I have avoided the cookies and stuck to good choices. On the less positive side I have eaten way too much already!

Why does my body think it needs to prepare to hibernate everytime it's cold?!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #19  
Be happy.

It's freezing here too. The kids haven't been able to get outside at all today...... they're good kids but I'm sure you can imagine the noise level around here. I've had my lunch and my snacks but still feel like eating. I'm about ready to start chewing on my own arm.

I like your idea of vegetable soup as a snack Cyndi, I may have to try that.

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-16-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #20  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Hey ladies -- I'm jumping in mid week here too. Maybe you guys can help me out if you see I'm doing something that may need a little tweaking. I'm on the 2nd day of P1.

B- Egg/Cheese/turkey bacon cup
S- Cottage cheese
L- P1 Chicken Salad
S - cucumber
D - ham/swiss cheese roll ups
D- SB Peanut Butter Cup if I'm craving something sweet

Last edited by Feral; 12-16-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #21  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hey girls! I'm down 5 lbs. * does a little dance * Yay!

I'm staying OP by making sure I eat a daily amount of either almonds or sugar free peanut butter, drinking teas, making two delicious veggie sides for dinner (rather than making a vegetable, a noodle side for my husband and son, I'm making a vegetable, a noodle side for them, and then another veggie so I can feel like I'm having two sides and a full dinner too!) I'm also making sure to get my good fats in (mainly extra virgin olive oil and smart balance) and using plenty of seasonings to make sure my food isn't bland!

I had like, the BEST dinner last night. I took some chicken breasts, seasoned them liberally with onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, then wrapped them in two slices of turkey bacon (which I had forgone that morning) and a little drizzle of olive oil then put them on one of those little hamilton beach grills. It was DELICIOUS. Then I made a bag of frozen fresh cut green beans, drained the water, added a bit of smart balance, garlic powder, and sprinkled with parmesan. Then I opened up a can of turnip greens and seasoned with nothing but apple cider vinegar. So delicious!

Feral, I think most would say to add some more veggies. I know that's something I have to remind myself to do. I do love veggies but sometimes it's easier to grab a ham/swiss roll up without going to the added trouble of veggies so I know how it is. I would suggest maybe adding a side salad or even open up a can of veggies and heat and eat? That sounds weird but it's something I do to make sure I'm getting my veggies in. And celery with natural, sugar free peanut butter or a delicious flavored hummus is good too. But I will seriously open up a can of greens or something, flavor with apple cider vinegar and eat that too. yum!

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 12-16-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #22  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Melanie - THANKS! I will def remember your suggestions. I'm usually better about adding in veggies so I may try to add in a salad with some chick peas (one of my fav salad additions!) tonight. Its one of my late nights so I won't even be home until 7:30 ish. I know... horribly late (note sarcasm). Usually I like to cook ahead for the week so all I have to do is cook veggies that night, but I haven't done that yet.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #23  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Feral, you're doing pretty well, there! You should probably add some protein to your cucumber, to ensure you stay full longer. You may also want to add more vegetables to your other meals, to ensure that you feel full and have fiber and nutrients in your diet. You also want to include the "good carbs" that are allowed in Phase 1, like tomatoes, bell peppers, beans and legumes, and dairy, to help you avoid feeling the side effects of detox. HTH!

Congrats, FM!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #24  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Thanks, Beachgal!

Also I have some suggestions for protein stuff to add on cucumbers. (and some can even be turned into a main meal such as lunch for example). I eat cucumbers all the time and have come up with some really delicious stuff that helps me on the SBD.

-Egg salad made with 2-3 hardboiled eggs, chopped celery and onion and seasonings, 1 tablespoon mayo spread onto cucumber coins. or Tuna salad, or Chicken salad. This is something I often do, there is something just so delicious about the salads on cucumber coins. Helps keep me from craving sandwiches.

Cucumbers with a slice of ham or turkey with a slice of cheese on top, to make little sandwiches.

Cucumbers spread with garlic hummus.

-This one isn't a protein suggestion, but a delicious side dish. Cucumbers as a side dish soaked in apple cider vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper. Something about the fresh crisp taste of cucumber is just divine with vinegar.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 12-16-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #25  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Back to Phase I for a few days. Fell into the Christmas baked goods we've been cooking up the last few days!

B: Veggie omelet, V8
S. RF cheese stick
L: Huge veggie salad with kidney beans & salmon
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Chicken breast with sauteed onions & peppers, pasta sauce and mozzarella on top, roasted zucchini & grape tomatoes
S: Almond butter
Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I am on the 4th day of P1 and I am doing well. By next year at this time, I hope to be skinnier and healthier.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:51 AM   #27  
Be happy.

Hi FoodObsessed! It's nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you and cheering you on as you get skinnier and healthier.

It's so cold and windy, I'll be walking indoors again.

B - oatmeal & V8
S - yogurt
L - bean soup
S - hommus and veggies
D -stir fried red peppers & snow peas, grilled chicken and salad
A milkshake or hot cocoa this afternoon or evening.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 AM   #28  
Working on healthy

Today is a real party day. Several former and current co-workers decided to have a party together because we always had so much fun together. I know the food will be great, mostly very healthy with a few treats tossed in. I will stick close to plan but I'm definitely going for a small piece of whatever baked thing arrives for dessert. We are all from scratch types and everything is always outstanding. I'm bringing Gypsy Soup so will have a good, healthy base.

B: beans, egg, veggies, salsa
L: leftover bean soup
D: party

Exerrcise - I'm WFH so will get a couple of good workouts in today in anticipation of tonight. At least an hour on the treadmill and half an hour of toning including arms.
I am really loving Exercise TV on our OnDemand. It adds variety on days I don't want to use the equipment. Check it out if you have it.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 AM   #29  
Working on healthy

All I'm going to say about last night is that today is a new day

Phase 1 day
B: beans, egg, broccoli & salsa
S: cottage cheese
L: leftover chili, roasted brussels
S: vegetable soup
D: crockpot red beans, veggie chorizo, & veggies

Exercise may be a challenge because I didn't get a lot of sleep. I'm going to be happy with a WATP tape and a 10 minutes flexibility workout
Old 12-18-2009, 06:04 AM   #30  
Be happy.

Cyndi, I love reading your menus.
Ever thought of inviting me over for a meal?

It's another cold one here. I never made it to the treadmill yesterday but plan to get there today.
B- oatmeal and v8
S - yogurt
L - chicken/veggie stir fry
S - SF hot chocolate and a SF PB cookie
D - Not sure yet, DH is cooking but promises it will be SBD friendly.

ETA: Ugh! All this time indoors is affecting my brain. I DID make it to the treadmill yesterday. Just didn't walk as long as I should have.

Last edited by Heidi58; 12-18-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Closed Thread