South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:10 AM   #1  
Be happy.

Default The "On Plan" Thread - week of December 7 - 13

Here we go.
Quote:
It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan!

* Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
* This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.
* Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
* While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #2  
Be happy.

Hard week for me, my dad is failing fast and I've been shoving everything I can find in my mouth since I got off the phone with my mom late Saturday night. Thankfully I've only got OP things to eat in the house, but still I ate too much yesterday. I'm heading to Massachusetts after school today. I'll have internet access, but not sure how much time I'll have to post.

P 2
B - oatmeal, V8
S - yogurt
L - chicken stir fry
S - pistachios and a yogurt smoothie.
D - Not sure yet, I'll be on the road. Hoping for salmon and grilled veggies.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Okay, going to try to keep the momentum rolling.

B: one egg with 1/2 serving rf feta, broccoli slaw, kidney beans & salsa
S: apple
L: curried carrot soup, veggie burger
S: almonds, dried apples
D: Kara's http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...ml#post3029828
S: greek yogurt

Exercise (the big factor for me): 1/2 hour walk or bike if I wimp out, 20 minutes workouts (core & arms today), 10-15 minutes back and stretching
Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 10"

Has anyone incorporated vitalicious products into Phase 2? The sugar free items seem like they might fit. thoughts?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

Here is my day for today:
Bf - 2 boiled egges
lunch -- chicken/bean soup, salad
snack - veggies and hummus
dinner - roast beef and veggies
snack - yogurt/ricotta

Have a great day!
Old 12-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

Going back to phase one for 1 week. Maybe 2 We will see.

I had a overeating weekend but it is all behind me now

Plan for today

B-Egg scramble
S-N
L- taco Salad
S-p butter with Celery
D-Chicken roasted with veggies
S- Hot cocoa!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for starting us up, Heidi, and for including the tips/guidelines. We are so blessed to have such hard-working members!

#1 on my list of on-plan steps for success is to get more SLEEP!!! I have to do it...because I'm getting so little now that I find myself wanting to eat myself out of house and home. That's just not good!!! So I need to get to bed by 12 every night, no matter what. If I don't, please feel free to kick this tuchus! :kick:

I have book club tonight and am having a healthy meal from the freezer before I go. Off to the gym before that. Thank God for exercise--it clears my head and keeps me safer from any indulgences.

I also need to be fiercer about my 3starches/3 Fruits rule. I've been slipping and it's not helping. Though I know this is related to #1.

What's going on in your work to stay OP?

Here's my plan:
B: cottage cheese and pear
S: FF yogurt with stevia and biscotti crumbles (leftover from a bakefest on Friday)
L: Amy's vegetarian Southern meal with SF pudding
D: Chicken sausage on WW roll, patty pan squash with basil
S: WW crackers with cheese, veggies and/or fruit. (might bring an apple as a back up?) at book club. One glass of wine, if that.
E: 35 mins elliptical

Last edited by beachgal; 12-07-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Ditto what you said about sleep Laurie. Between not getting enough and this cold, snowy weather I am craving carbs like crazy. This morning I ate brussels sprouts and roasted yams
for snack. Not what I planned but filling and the yams seemed to take the edge off.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/179/150

Height: 5'5"

Phase 1 Day 8, and I'm sticking to it especially after weighing in this morning.

I did really well yesterday until we went out last night. I had honey mustard wings (6), celery (no dressing) and a bottle of water. Pretty sure wings aren't on the plan, but they were sooooo good.

Today:
B: SB pancake w a spray of I can't believe it's not butter and SF syrup, 2 pcs low sodium bacon, 6 oz low sodium V8. I don't know who came up with the idea of mixing eggs and ricotta and calling it a pancake but I LOVE THEM
S: 1 cup raw veggies (celery, yellow bell peppers and cucumbers) and 2tbs. red pepper hummus
L: Left over pork loin, green beans and salad w red wine vinegar & olive oil
S: 3/4 c cottage cheese w Phase 1 granola
D: The rest of the left over pork loin, black eyed peas and salad

Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill. Gonna speed it up a little, and increase my incline
Old 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #10  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Had jury duty today, so a bit of a challenge for lunch. Kept some food in my car, but found out we can use a fridge and microwave in the jury lounge.

Phase II

B: Oatmeal with almond butter, V8
L: RF cheese, greek yogurt, carrots
S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
D: Leftover chicken breast, steamed cauliflower with parmesan cheese, roasted zucchini & grape tomates
S: Not sure yet - need some fruit.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #11  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Heidi, I'm so sorry you're going through this -- I went through it with my mother last summer and know how tough it is. We'll be thinking of you.

I love reading the menus. Mine are not very interesting this week. It's a high-stress week for me and I'm trying to deal with those weeks by using a very easy to follow plan. (If I do it for more than a week or two, I'll be bored but for a short period of time it works.)

B - oatmeal
Sn -- apple with lf cheese
L -- sliced chicken on salad greens, salad vegetables, dressing
Sn -- sf/lf yogurt (I'm still getting used to this)
D -- salmon or meatballs with vegetables.

Tonight I got caught up working and left the salmon in the oven too long -- it was pretty dry, but edible. (I used to be a really good cook. I look forward to regaining that status.)
Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/SB re-start 236/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm trying to get started again. I'm already dreading the switch from Phase I to II and I haven't even restarted Phase I. Any suggestions for motivation?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #13  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

p2

B: coffee with rice dream
S: hummus with baby carrots and tomatoes
L: leftover veggies and rice pasta with rf provolone with veg chicken(not op for me)
S: few walnuts and brazil nuts
D: black bean soup with spinach, tomatoes, and rice. Salad

feeling good! I am out of sleepy time tea so I will be going to get some tomorrow! I really like drinking it and I used to like to have a glass of wine or a beer at night and honestly when I think about which one I want I choose the tea! Had to have pomegranate tea tonight and it wasn't my taste...

My plan for tomorrow is
B: leftover soup
S: hummus with veggies
L: tofu and broccoli stirfry
S: sf hot chocolate
D:?
Old 12-08-2009, 05:42 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Still trying to keep myself on track. Between the weather and work stress it's a challenge.

B: beans, broccoli, egg & salsa
S: plain lf yogurt
L: curried carrot soup (didn't eat it yesterday), veggie burger
S: almonds, dried apple
D: on my own so some kind of leftovers (we have lots)

exercise - spin bike & 10 minute fitness ball, at least 1 hour total
Old 12-08-2009, 06:36 AM   #15  
Be happy.

Wet rain and black ice kept me from heading out after school yesterday after all. I've had my oats and V8 but I'm not sure what I'll be eating the rest of the day. I imagine I'll be doing most of the cooking at my mom's the rest of the week so I should be OK. My plan for today is to just go with whatever veggies and lean meat or fish I can find in the meals my mom has planned.
Closed Thread