South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Beach Happenings

Major bummer! Ruth is fogged in, and her flight's been cancelled. We're working on getting her on another flight, and hopefully she'll make it in later this afternoon.

It's a rainy morning here but should clear out by noon. I guess I'll be home until it's time to go pick up the girls. Maggie is doing just fine, and is actually loving all the attention she's been getting.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed that the fog lifts and Ruth can catch the next flight out!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Bummer for sure! Cancelled flights are no fun, especially this time of year when so many are traveling. Hope Miss Ruth makes it there soon!

I'm headed out to the gym, then off to the grocery store to start feast shopping with list in hand for Turkey with wine and mushrooms, oyster dressing, mirletons stuffed with shrimp, sweet potato crunch, spinach and artichoke casserole, creme brulee and pumpkin cheesecake. Makes me kind of sick just thinking about it all! I usually do a gumbo or other soup, but keeping it a little easier this year.

Yesterday I got my floor waxed in the kitchen and last night went to my son's 4 black belt test in aiki jutsu...he did great, but another guy ended up going to the hospital for stitches...Son felt really bad about that. One part of the test is 3 guys coming after him with "big sticks". The poor guy got a "big stick" to the side of his eye. Thank goodness it was not his eye. My other son also came with his girlfriend and brought my new "grand puppy". Talk about adorable...a little fluff ball coton de tulier. His name is Pierre and he gives great kisses!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 11-24-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Oh no! Just said a prayer that Ruth gets another flight quickly and arrives safely.

I'm glad Maggie's got a good attitude about her arm - have you signed her cast yet?

Oooh, Cat, your menu sounds great! I'm glad the black belt testing went well for your son last night. (By the way, I teach kindergarten. I think it was you who asked me yesterday. )

I talked to my Dad on the phone last night, and he's feeling pretty good despite the treatment he had yesterday and he had some great news. He's starting radiation on Monday. Last week they'd decided to just keep him comfortable and manage his pain because the tumors in his lungs were not responding to the chemo. I'm not sure how/why this change came about but when he was getting the IV to boost his immune system yesterday they told him they thought he should try radiation and helped him get the first appointment set up. I'm not sure how much difference the radiation will make physically, but both of my parents were in a much better place mentally last night. They know the end is coming soon, but they hated giving up the fight.

I've got a couple of 'holiday' things I want to get done before I head to school this morning, I'd like to cross a few more things off my 'To Do' list. We'll see if I get in gear to do them though.... I'm a creature of habit and I've got my morning routine set in cement. lol

Have a great Tuesday friends!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Heidi, most of my teaching career (since 1979, gulp!) was in kindergarten. I miss it sometimes, but 2nd grade rocks...they can do stuff like "turn to page 236". I still think it's amazing!

I am so sorry about your Dad. It is such a sinking feeling in your tummy all the time just "waiting" for the next step. We went through that with my Dad 4 years ago and I still remember how devestating it was. My husband and I started drinking essiac tea not too long ago and we've heard that it can help with shrinking tumors and making chemo/raditation more comfortable to deal with.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:33 AM   #5  

Thanks for all the good vibes for Ruth. Keep them coming!

Cat, that's a shame about that poor guy getting hit, but thank goodness it didn't get his eye. I take it your son passed? By the way, your Thanksgiving menu sounds wonderful, and don't be surprised if a few more guest end up on your doorstep.

Heidi, I'm so sorry about your dad. I must have missed that news earlier. I'm glad his pain is under control, though, and that he's in good spirits. I hope his treatment goes well. Maggie doesn't have a cast, she's wearing a brace and has her arm in a sling, but I did sign the sling.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone.
Today is "Friday" for me thank goodness. I had a break down last night and poor Brad had to bring me back. I don't know if I'm just overwhelmed with it all or what but I want to quit my job and I want to cancel the wedding. Sadly I can't do either. I need this 5 day break so badly. I am so miserable at my job but sadly I just have to deal with it for the school year. And I've been catching alot of crap from a couple of my bridesmaids about their dresses. I just want to drop them from the wedding to save me the stress. On top of that my planner kinda flaked out on me so now I'm here with no idea what I am doing and no help. I'm hoping things start looking up for me becuase I don't know how much more of all of this I can take.
I hope all of you are doing well and if I don't get a chance to stop in the rest of the week have a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm on an 11:30 flight! Yippee! Sure hope the fog lifts soon. I've been up since three so may catch a quick nap on the plane.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #8  

Ruth -

My house smells so good, I just took 4 loaves of pumpkin bread out of the oven.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hooray! Ruth will be on a plane in about an hour!!! Cottage I can smell your house all the way in NJ!!
November the Month of GLuttony brought back all the weight I lost in Oct!
UGH!
So Sunday doing the big grocery shop and starting ph 1!
ok gotta bolt it's my friday!!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in this morning and it seems things have resolved and Ruth will be inflight within the hour! I was so glad my Sis made it in safe and sound, as well!

Cottage, I'm glad to hear Maggie is making the best out of her situation. How exciting to have Ruth on her way! I think of you guys every time I pass the Tofurkey in the store.

Silly, TGIF!!!!!!I hope you DO get a chance to drop in later.

Heidi, so happy for the news about your folks. I'm really hoping they injoy this holiday and that your Dad is able to dive in to those lovely off plan pies of yours that he loves so much!

Cat, enjoy your TG planning. Your feast sounds spectacular! Glad to hear you have a "grandpuppy".

KO, TGIF to you, too!!

Me, waiting to see what the troops are doing....Kirk doesn't want to go down to work out and I need to. Perhaps my Sis is interested. He just scrubbed the kitchen floor and I guess I'll do household things till everybody figures out what they're doing and how I fit in It seems to early to make pies, but maybe I'll try Kalyns Cheesecake as a starter.

Have a great day everyone! I'm remembering TG doesn't have to be a "diet breaker" for those of us who want to stay reasonably on track.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Yeah Ruth glad to hear you got a flight now.

wfh today, though I still have to work tomorrow and Friday (yuck).

Heidi- Sorry to hear about your dad, sending prayers your way.

Silly- Hang in there- nothing is a bad as it seems when you are in the thick of it. Are there any other schools you could apply for a position in?

Hello to everyone else, have a great day
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #12  

Hi Debbie we were posting at the same time. Never answered your question from Sunday I am near Scott AFB in IL
Old 11-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #13  

Does anyone know where that cheesecake recipe is posted? I cannot seem to find
Old 11-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #14  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

just a quick fly by.

did not get the job. was 2nd in line...

was pretty depressed yesterday and slept 16 hours of 24.

don't know if I can stay on plan for a while. I have 3 weeks left of unemployment and then won't have any cash coming in ... I have to pay rent and save as much as i can for gas money so i may have to buy crap food for a while.

I dunno.. just feelin pretty down right now.

it will all work out... i just keep tellin myself that.

the temp agency is workin on some other options for me... hope to hear about them soon.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Quick post for me. Hugs to all who need them!!!

My eating has not been great the last few days. I need to do better. I can do better and I will feel better when I do. I need a mantra.

Folding laundry and then off to bed. It's been one thing after another for so long - no time to sit and rest.

Kara
Closed Thread