South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #1  

Default any SB friendly protein drinks ?

Is anyone using protein drinks for mid meal snacks ? I have used them in the past before SB and really enjoyed them and they also helped me keep my total food consumpion down. The one I used in the past was a yogurt smoothie from Diet Direct.. but I am open to try others..

Any recommendations ??
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #2  
OnAMission...

S/C/G: 200/170/135

Height: 5'7.5

You know I kind of have the same question....

I would imagine that anything 100% whey protein that you can find at gnc or anywhere that sells workout products would be SB friendly because most have less than 1 gram of sugar...

That is a tricky question though because I haven't seen it mention protein powder anywhere...
JLN555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Crenita, because SBD is a diet that focuses on eating less processed food, using a pre-prepared liquid replacement for your snacks isn't something that's necessarily recommended. However, there's no reason why you can't make your own protein smoothies. Lots of us do it!

You just have to be very careful to look at the ingredients on your protein powder to make sure it doesn't have any sugar. I use a whey-based one from Wegman's that is made with Stevia and it works great. I make my smoothies this way:

Quote:
1 cup or so of frozen fruit (this eliminates the need for ice, which keep it from getting diluted)
1/2 to 1 cup of Plain FF yogurt
FF/Skim milk, as needed
SF syrup (flavor of choice) to taste
Scoop of SF protein powder
1-2 T of Psyllium husk (I find that makes it very filling for me!)

Blend, adding milk, as needed, to ensure the blender can do its job.
JLN, we haven't mentioned protein powder in a while, but there have been some discussions about it in the past. Try searching the forum for more.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote