South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Wake-Up

Happy Humpday!

It's still pretty dark out, but I can see the faint glimmer of a sunrise in the eastern sky. I think we're going to have another pretty nice day, but the temps are dropping.
I have to get over to the farm early, as Cindy is away for a few days and I'm holding down the fort until Richard gets home at night. I made appointments for both girls to get their hair cut for this evening, so mommy may be surprised when she gets home. Yesterday, I had to pick up a birthday present for a friend of Maggie's, and while I was at the toy store, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and got some Christmas shopping done. The store offers free gift wrapping, so I had them wrap them up in pretty paper and ribbons, too. It sure feels good to know I have most of my shopping done already.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:38 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning Linda! I am sitting by my window looking out on a SUNNY DAY! It has been raining for the past couple days, so this is nice. I got Connor off to school this morning, did reading and violin with Kadyn, cleaned the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs, and then ran to the gym after getting the girls to Kindergarten. I need to get a shower before Connor gets home for the afternoon. He has a pack meeting for Boy Scouts tonight, which Tom will handle, so the girls and I have a fun evening of leftovers and "color bath" (bath with color tablets) planned.

I made some asparagus soup yesterday and put too much pepper in so I need to figure out how to tone it down. I have a lot of soup left and I don't want to throw it away. Any ideas? The only thing I could think of was to boil or bake some potatoes and then use the immersion blender to mix them into the soup, but I know white potatoes wouldn't be the best Beachy choice.

Off to get unstinkified before the boy gets back.

Kara
Old 11-18-2009, 06:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fell back to sleep after the alarm so am running late. It's good to share driving with Donna but you can't slack off on leaving time! Back later.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's chilly but sunny again. Looks like a few more days of this than we get closer to the "normal" temperatures. Yuck!

Cottage - you are lighting a fire under me. I haven't thought about shopping at all and am realizing how little time there is. Hope you have lots of opportunities tot enjoy the sunshine today

Kara - Would cauliflower work in place of the potatoes? I've done that with pepper before too. Always frustrating to ruin a perfectly good soup. Maybe some rf cheese too? Can you use the soup as a base for a stew? Good luck!

Ruth - Have a good workout

Today is my last office day of the week. Tomorrow is morning meeting near home, then WFH afternoon and Friday is a meeting on the other side of the state.

I'm doing pretty well sticking to plan but still seeing some weight creep. I'm a little concerned and went back over the last two years of calorie and exercise logs. I might ask my Dr. to run my thyroid panels again but don't want to get into fooling myself if I'm just not doing what I need to.

Meanwhile DD found out she has osteopenia, pretty unusual in someone her age. They are running a panel of other tests to make sure nothing else is going on. Probably just genetics and body type but it's frustrating for her because she already eats a very healthy diet and exercises. I'm kind of glad she broke those bones in her foot so they ran this test though. It's not the kind of thing they would have noticed until she was older and it was worse.

Okay, time to get this show on the road. Have a good hump day everyone!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Sounds like our Wednesday is off to a busy start. I've already made my weekly salad mix and cooking some chix nuggets for my salads is next on the list. Nothing spectacular today but some work I need to finish up before tomorrows meetings-also need to make a pie for a fundraiser.

Kara, how about thickening your soup with beans?

Cottage, have a great day!

Ruth.

I'm off to find coffee. See you all in awhile!
Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Good morning everyone...
It is finally Wednesday and I am SO happy. Not counting today, I have 3.5 working days and then I'm off to Thanksgiving break (Thursday, Friday, Monday and 1/2 Tuesday). YAY And my hunny gets off at 0800 on Wednesday and he's off until I go back to work. I love when we have the same vacation time.
Yesterday was a pretty crappy day for me. I ended up having to go to the county office to finish some paperwork that didn't get finished Monday and when I finally made it back to school the two *censored* in the front office were making remarks about how I FINALLY showed up. I ignored them and double checked with the person who I go through when I have meetings and whatnot and she said she got my email so I wasn't concerned. I guess they want me to apologize for something I have no control over. I sure hope they don't hold their breath, cuz I don't plan on it.
It was pretty late when I got home, and go figure, someone who was home all day did not cook dinner. I assumed he wouldn't but it still ticked me off. My hunny went and picked up dinner, but sadly it was fast food. He was trying to help. He didn't get me a hamburger or anything like that. We went to arby's and got me one of their market sandwiches so it wasn't TOO bad. Atleast I controlled myself and didn't eat the fries and he got me a diet pepsi. He tried, gotta love him for that.
Today is gonna be ridiculous. I know the front office ladies are gonna make me "pay" for not being there for almost 2 days and make sure I have to deal with every issue that comes in there. I know how they are sadly, and even if I'm only supposed to be up there for like 2 hours, it'll be crazy while I am. I have a meeting after school about the National Technical Honor Society that my principal wants me to head up, like I really know what I'm doing. And then I have my nail appointment at 5:00. I am so glad I am getting my nails done again. Its the one thing that makes me feel pretty and I've been having to save money so I haven't been able to do it. But with the ball coming up I get to.
I hope all of you have a great day and I will be around later on.

Last edited by SillyFluff; 11-18-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie! White beans are an awesome idea

Silly
Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hello all! I saw that it was reunion week on 3fc, so here I am.

wow Linda, good jump on the shopping! I've got some done, but not sure how much is left, and nothing is wrapped yet. I'd like to get to that early, but never seems to happen that way.
Hi Kara, so good to see you back. Sounds like business as usual at your house!
Sorry for your DD worries Cyndi, but I agree, good thing they caught it early. Yes, I think the cold is headed back our way too.
Good morning Lexiss and Ruth. I've missed you ladies.
Hi SillyFluff, I hope those nasty ladies don't ruin your day!

Part of the reason I have not been around much lately is work, which continues crazy-busy for the foreseeable future, however I can't blame it all on that. My head is just not in the right place right now. But last night I made two dinners ahead, so I've got a chicken divan and a turkey chili waiting to be heated up for dinners, which also means no more cooking until the weekend. I've got to head off to Quantico for a meeting this afternoon, so I probably won't get home until late, then directly to a Parks & Recreation Committee meeting, but at least we'll have dinner ready.

I also decided to blow off Thanksgiving, so staying on-plan should be easier. I haven't told my mother yet, but I don't think she'll mind too much. My one brother's family can't make it, and the other brother's family won't be there until dessert. Thanksgiving is my birthday, so I started pondering what I would really like to do, and since DH will be back at sea soon, I decided we needed a family getaway, so I've made reservations at Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg Thursday - Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it!

Have a great day chicks yet to arrive!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cyndi, we were posting at the same time. I hope you and DD get all your "stuff" figured out. Glad to hear it's your last day at the office.

Silly, hope you get through your day OP. It seems to be a challenge sometimes. Getting your nails done and recognizing how good it makes you feel is essential, too.

Schmoodle, great to hear from you and I'm glad you have decided to put YOUR family first for Thanksgiving. It sounds like a very wise decision.

Twynn, how was your church dinner. Great job kicking the Halloween habit before Thanksgiving arrives!

Janda, always good to hear from you!

Meelsie, hope you're warming up.

Kim, where are you in Texas that it gets so cold?

Sophie, my shawl is just a simple knit. I should try something a bit more complicated next time. This one is "cotton candy" pink.

Gothik, I really like your "purple hat" avatar. I'm glad you pop in even when you don't have alot to say. Your stubbornness in staying OP does have good results. I'm happy that you feel so well. I hope you found a tree. All the holidays I spent on my own were much better with my own tree.

Pearlrose, I watched BL Makeover last night but didn't work out You are very dedicated!

OK, off to finish my chores!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Good Morning, Chickies!

I'm a big, fat slug. I've tried a couple things, but not Jazzercising.... sigh. My thinking is kind of messed up right now -- if I'm not exercising, I may as well eat like a fool. I need to find an exercise that makes me happy. I'm thinking of getting a hula hoop... Anyway, I don't want to bring you guys down with my funky attitude. That's why I've been MIA.

Debbie and Pearlrose, Thanks for your encouraging words. I'll get it all back together, hopefully before my screaming seams bust.

I miss you guys!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Chelby, you are missed here, too.

I'm really sorry that you are having such a hard time getting back into an exercise groove. I know it has been so hard on you giving up Jazzercise.

I wish you'd drop by more often, and really encourage you to find a way to ease back in soon. I have to take things a day at a time right now, but the memory of my disasterous last winter/holiday season still is very clear. It was so much easier to gain the 20# then it was to take it off. You know we're all here for you.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #12  

Hi, I am not a South Beacher, but I am a Jazzerciser.

Chelby, - it must be very hard that you decided to stop Jazzercise. I am not an instructor but a devoted and hooked particpant and I know how cranky I get when I can't go to Jazzercise. The past week my whole family has been home sick and I have been unable to take Jazzercise and keep to my routine and it stinks. We recently purchased an elliptical trainer (for my husband) and I have been using it when I can't make it to class but it is not the same for me. Jazzercise motivates me and makes me feel better.

How about doing the Jazercise videos at home until you figure something else out? Just a thought. You will figure it out. Hang in there!

Amy
Old 11-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #13  

Chelby, why did you have to give it up?

Debbie- Thanks! Still freezing over here though. This morning I got a text from my friend, who has also moved to the UK from Australia and said "36 degrees today in Melbourne, remind me again why the **** I am here, i'm freezing my *** off!"

HA! It's the beginning of the Australian summer. This was bound to be hard!

The big news for me is that I have locked in my work for the lead up to Christmas. I got a HEAP of shifts which is good news for the money, and dinners will be provided for me which will also help my current financial state (ie. no money to eat ANYTHING) ... unfortunately staff dinners are usually pasta and bread.
I'll be working my usual shift as a receptionist from 9.30- 4.30 then my waitressing shift from 5.15 till around 10.30 or 11 4 nights a week, so at least I won't be lazy! :S
Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #14  
sophie

Good morning,
Chelby - its a relief to hear from you, I thought maybe Auston came down with that awful flu.
Debbie - your shawl sounds wonderful. I knitted one a couple of years ago, it was one of those triangular ones and its very fine wool and amazing how something so light can add so much warmth.
Got to run, DH is calling me to put eyedrops in his eyes. The pink eye is in both eyes now.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Sorry to hear about your daughter, Cyndi. Is it something that can be controlled by dietary changes? I doubt cauliflower would work in the soup. I think it would just thin it out more - so much water in that darn cauliflower.

Debbie, I like the beans idea! Thanks! Are you a veggie Beacher, too???

Fluff, I'm sorry your day wasn't so hot yesterday. Here's hoping everybody had their happy juice this morning and they stay off your back. Enjoy getting your nails done!

Schmoo, sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving! Have a great time in Williamsburg!!!

Chelby, I'm hoping you find a fun workout that you enjoy. Have you tried Walk Away the Pounds? That's a popular one, and easy to do from home.

Sophie, hope your husband's eyes clear up quickly!
Closed Thread