Marvelous Monday Beach Chat

• Good Morning

I suppose many of the earlybirds in flight by now since the server was down again. Maybe they'll get to pop in later and say hello.

It's freezing cold here in Colorado; 15 degrees the last time I checked. It's going to be a cold day at the pool but we all wear winter hats. Actually, it's not too bad...getting out and dashing for the locker room is the worst and it lasts only 15 seconds.

I have alot of paperwork today and staying OP is a priority. What's everyone else up to?
  • morning debbie!

just got in from teaching my morning english classes and dodging the rain. i WISH it was freezing here. it just gets gray and nasty...no real snow, either. too warm in the rhine river valley.

off to get some physio done (bad back day) hope all you chickees got off to a good start!!
  • I'm here!

Thanks once again, Debbie, for starting us up. Brrrrrr! I'm not ready to face those freezing temps yet! I hope they're a long way off yet for these parts! I could not even image getting in the pool. You all must look pretty interesting in there with your hats on, lol!

Morning, or afternoon, Janda! I well remember the rain in Germany, although we did get plenty of snow down in Augsburg. Have a great day, and stay warm and dry!

I've gotten quite a lot accomplished already, and am feeling quite pleased with myself. I even managed to wrestle my exercise bike down to the basement. Jake is going to be upset that I attempted that on my own, as it's quite heavy. Never underestimate the power of a woman with determination!
    I have another hour to see what I can get into before heading over to the farm. Audrey has Cotillion this evening, and it's observation night, so that will be fun to watch.
  • I'm behind on everything since the server was down for the two days I'm usually on here--so this is a quick fly-by. I'm sure you've all missed 3FC as much as we have!

I posted a great Pumpkin Pie recipe in the Holiday Desserts thread in the Recipe forum--it's from the Daily Dish and seems easy and yummy!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
  • Hi Janda! It's always nice to hear from you. I'm hoping your back gets better!

Hello, Cottage. Sounds like a fun day. I'm very intrigued by Cotillion. We had a version when I was young, but it seems most young ones don't have an idea of social graces. Glad you got your bike moved. I'm like you, when I want it done-I want it done. I must admit, I'm mentally preparing myself for my dip today-I think the first dip of the year is the worst. I may stop by Target today and get an inexpensive fleece since I really dislike getting my hand knitted hats soaked with mineral water.

Here's to hoping the site stays up so we can all connect later.
  • Good morning everyone,
    Its cloudy but warm here.
    Debbie - is the pool outside? wow, you are brave.
    Cottage - wish I had your energy in the mornings.
    Janda - hope the rain and back ease up
    Laurie - thanks for the recipe. I love anything pumpkin but am the only one in the family so have to be careful with it.

Feeling much better but still on medication and seeing the dr. again tomorrow. DH isn't feeling well but not as sick as I was. I am really concerned for my little grandson because his babysitter has H1N1 and she babysat him the day before she got sick. Its always something, eh
    take care
    Sophie
    Debbie I knitted two hats this week and will give them away for a charity drive.
  • I tried tos tart us up at 5:30 this morning but the site was down again! Grrr. I decided to ignore it and just get on with my day.

Back from the gym now and 90 minutes of exercise. It sure takes a hunk out of the day since it's about 20 minutes away. Feels good though.

Today is the day the contractors are supposed to start replacing the Church roof but there's no sign of them yet. I sure hope they get with it as this week is looking sunny.

I have lists and lists of things to get done before I go away next Monday but really feel like just sitting and sipping coffee in the sunshine in my studio for a while! The new door onto the deck is just wonderful and the sun warms the tiles so the dogs can enjoy the sun puddles too. I have some road running to do but I think I'll leave that until after lunch when the sun has moved to the other side of the house. Sunshine, coffee and daydreaming should always be first on the To Do list.

Hope your day is sunny and not too full of To Do stuff!
  • Hi Sophie

Glad to hear you're feeling better. DH got the H1N1 shot on Friday and he's not feeling well. Seems that is common for him.

I'm working on a prayer shawl right now. I love knitting hats-they are fun and rewarding, but I give most of mine to charity groups because no one I know wants one I do have a hat to make to give someone and I may work on that later.

I bought some individual ramekins on sale last week for my pumpkin pie mixture. That way I can skip the crust and have portion control. I love pumpkin!

ETA-Hi Ruth I love your prioritized to do list! Enjoy the sunshine!
  • Good morning, everyone! I hope this posts!

Debbie: Thanks for starting us up! I hope that you're nice and warm by now. We had a chilly morning, but nothing like 15 degrees.

Jandaman: Sorry about all the rain. I also hope your back feels better and that you have a wonderful day!

Linda: Jason would be upset if I did that, too. Why do men always underestimate our strength? I hope you have a wonderful day at the farm!

Me: Not much going on here. I was supposed to be out doing field inspections today, but we had too many people call in sick or otherwise, so I'm strapped to the desk all day.

DH and I are going to rearrange the bedroom tonight to accommodate the wall heater and I have a bit more cleaning up to do. In anticipation of our first Thanksgiving, I decided to repaint the kitchen. Well, we got a tinted primer to go on the wall first and guess what, we love the color of the primer! It dried to this really pleasant blue-grey and just opened up the whole kitchen. I'm just going to go in this weekend and do a second coat of the primer and take care of the baseboards and trim. After the first of the year, we're going to go find an enamel paint in that color for the final coat. I just think that it's so funny!

Okay, I'm afraid this post may end up lost in cyberspace, so I'll end it here. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!
  • Good morning (late morning!)
    Today is first day of second week phase two for me, very excited to get to phase II and make some of those yummy pumpkin recipes!!!
    Finished registration for classes this morning (going back to school to become a teacher). Got engaged yesterday No date set yet, hopefully we will come up with some options this week so I can have an idea of what I'm up against!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning,

Quick flyby for me just wanted to say Hi. Didn't know the website went down again, I hope it is steady now.

Have a great day everyone
  • good mornin all!

just a note to say I'm still here! crazy, crazy weekend. very fun karaoke idol, wrestling show, engagement party and packer cowboy game! wooo! now i'm recovering. hehe

good to 'see' you all and i'll be back later to chat more.
  • Quote: Good morning (late morning!)
    Today is first day of second week phase two for me, very excited to get to phase II and make some of those yummy pumpkin recipes!!!
    Finished registration for classes this morning (going back to school to become a teacher). Got engaged yesterday No date set yet, hopefully we will come up with some options this week so I can have an idea of what I'm up against!
    Have a great day everyone!
    Wow - lots of great news!
    Congratulations on your engagement.

How exciting that you're going back to school to teach - have you got a specific subject/grade level in mind yet? I truly believe it's the best occupation in the world. My friends are all starting to retire now but I think they'll have to carry me out. lol
  • I got so excited about asphyxia's news that I forgot to say hello to anyone else! Can you tell it's been a long, long day here?
    Quote: It's freezing cold here in Colorado; 15 degrees the last time I checked. It's going to be a cold day at the pool but we all wear winter hats. Actually, it's not too bad...getting out and dashing for the locker room is the worst and it lasts only 15 seconds.
    I'm intrigued Debbie. You've spoken of the pool often but I always just assumed it was indoors....
    I hope you got your paperwork taken care of and had a great OP day.

Quote: just got in from teaching my morning english classes and dodging the rain. i WISH it was freezing here. it just gets gray and nasty...no real snow, either. too warm in the rhine river valley.
    That's how I used to feel when we lived down south. If I was going to put up with dreary, cold weather I wanted some fluffy stuff to play in. lol
    I hope you're back is feeling better this evening.

Quote:
    Morning, or afternoon, Janda! I well remember the rain in Germany, although we did get plenty of snow down in Augsburg. Have a great day, and stay warm and dry!
    What a small world! We were in Augsburg from July 85 - June 89. I've got a lot of happy memories of those days.

Laurie, that pumpkin pie recipe does sound good. Hope you got everything done that you needed to.

Hi Sophie, Ruth, Pearlrose and Gothik!

Kim, your story about the bluish gray primer struck me funny. When we enlarged our bathroom about 15 years ago I couldn't believe how nice the maroon tile looked against the gray sheetrock. My husband and friends were dubious when I said I was going to paint the walls a pale bluish gray. It looked great though and I kept it gray for years. lol It was a very calm, relaxing color. Good luck with your project!