South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #31  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Here's some links that may help you Kimmiblue:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...phase-2-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...ml#post1390480

There's lots of good info under the SB FAQ's.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 240/201.4/165

Height: 5' 8"

well today has been my first full week of phase 1. I'm down 3.7 lbs for the week!! I'm pretty happy with that, and hope that week 2 brings the same kind of results!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

My first full week too! I'm down 1.8 lbs and I'm happy with that because I only have about 20 I want to lose. I know it's going to take a very long time, but I'm feeling good about it! I'm going to take a better look at my portion sizes this week, I think I'm eating way too much meat when I have it at a meal.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 240/201.4/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphyxia63 View Post
My first full week too! I'm down 1.8 lbs and I'm happy with that because I only have about 20 I want to lose. I know it's going to take a very long time, but I'm feeling good about it! I'm going to take a better look at my portion sizes this week, I think I'm eating way too much meat when I have it at a meal.
cool to have someone else on the same week. I would like to lose 30 altogether. But anything less than what I am now will be good!! hoping next week I lose even more!!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:37 AM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good work, Chickies. Now where are the rest of the Phase I folks?
Old 11-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #36  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Here's one, I was accidentally posting in the OP thread. Oops! I guess I'm not blonde for nothing, hahah.

Welcome you guys who are new or seem to be new, I am glad I'm not alone in doing Phase 1! How are you guys handling it so far, besides the SBD flu?

Wow, I had completely forgot about the SBD flu... that explains my massive headache the past two nights. Thankfully it's gone now. Milk works wonders.

This is day 4 of Phase 1 for me, yet again. I'm hoping to lose 10, maybe 15 (one can dream?) by Christmas. I've had so many failures and so many successes with the SBD, the failures being my own responsibility, the successes being the SBD and my willpower, sticking to it. I went down 30 lbs or so on the SBD, but gained it back during a particularly hard time earlier this year. Went back on it, lost it all again, and gained it back fairly quickly after moving into the place I live in now. This is all my responsibility and my fault.

One of my major pitfalls is finances, which does at times prevent me from getting all the SBD approved foods I need for success. Often I had been relegated to buying some of the more unhealthy, yet cheapest options. (50 cent macaroni and cheese, anyone?) Luckily, my financial situation has improved that I should have NO excuses for not staying OP and I hope you ladies can hold me to it! Call me out on it if I complain about a unhealthy food binge, I have no one to blame but myself.

I believe that now that I am more financially stable, it will enable me to follow through with this and leave me successful...

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!!! I'm a pro at Phase 1 after doing it so many times, regarding the right kind of foods and all that, so ask me questions if you need to, I am more than willing to answer!

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 11-19-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #37  

You know, I don't think I ever got the SBD flu, does everyone? It's the end of day 11 on phase I. I think I've been doing pretty alright. I wasn't too too bad at sweets and stuff but I would do a lot of thoughtless eating. Grab whatever was around when hungry. And eat large servings of pizza and pasta when having it as a meal. So now I plan better and think about what I'm eating. Hopefully I won't always have to think so much about it- I think that's what makes me fail- the calorie counting or the portioning or the planning. I'd like it to just be second nature.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:55 AM   #38  
My goal = health

This week was not great for me food wise, but I did the best I could + I did a ton of walking -probably around 20 miles this week alone (pushing a stroller with a toddler), so I still lost 2 lbs.
I'm planning on continuing PH1 next week hoping to get back in the saddle. I'm also having my thyroid checked (I used to be on Synthroid few years ago)
Old 11-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #39  
Come on Spring!

Whew! For a while there I thought there was nobody on Phase II. Hang in there, chickies!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #40  
Healthy mommy

Hi Asphyxia, nah I wouldn't say everyone gets it, you didn't, right? heheh. Is this your first time doing Phase 1? Congrats on making it to day 11! Yep, I'm the same way when it comes to thoughtless eating and portions in meals. I still struggle with it because I always just want more... I always feel like I need to clean my plate and then get seconds.. I've tried calorie counting but it seems to take the joy out of eating and it's just a pain in the butt. I don't discount it though, I know some people here still calorie count just to keep themselves in check.

Hi RRB2, congrats on the walking and the 2 lbs! Don't worry, it'll get easier. It is hard to adjust to it at first. It really is! As a matter of fact right, I just unwrapped a little debbie's gingerbread cookie for my son and the smell of it made me WANT IT RIGHT NOW. So I just sat there and inhaled the scent for a minute (I know, that's weird), and gave it to him. I knew it wasn't worth it, I know how in the past I could polish off several of those lil debbies gingerbread men. And it's not worth it!! good luck with the thyroid, hopefully the doctor will help you rev up that metabolism!

Well you guys, it's been 5 days on Phase 1 for me and I did step on the scale this morning. I was very dissapointed. I haven't even lost 1-2 lbs, which is the average rate of loss a week. As a matter of fact the scale says I gained a few, but I'm not counting that right yet, knowing it could be water retention (it is that time of the month, although I think it's over now.)

I enjoy the 'quick' weightloss of the first two weeks of phase 1 because it's very motivating, and when it slows down in Phase 2 it doesn't bother me because I know this is normal and natural and that most of the weightloss in Phase 1 was just water weight, but still. I am dissapointed nonetheless.

That said, it ain't over til it's over, I still have over a week to go. It's not even been technically a week yet, so I'm hanging in there.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 11-20-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #41  

briggsy- How are those bathroom breaks going? I noticed after about the first week they started to slow down, haha! Great job on the 3.7 and I hope week 2 goes well for you!

Melanie- That is too funny about the gingerbread cookies! Today I walked into a little gift shop and wandered over to the candle section. There was a gingerbread scented candled and I picked it up and smelled it and I tell ya, I have never smelled a more delicious candle EVER! I stood there for a while smelling it, put it down, smelled some others, then picked it back up again! I would probably be sitting at home smelling it right now if it wasn't $10! Luckily I have some yummy pumpkin spice candles to smell!
Which reminds me, I came up with a ricotta cheese dessert that's the basic part-skim ricotta, splenda, vanilla extract, then I add a little pumpkin pie spice to it... so yummy!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #42  
Healthy mommy

Haha I know what you mean, I have a little gingerbread candle from walmart also, and somehow smelling it seems to help a little? I dunno! The little gingerbread ones are only $1 at walmart.

That ricotta dessert sounds really good, I'm gonna have to try that! The SF fudgesicles are delicious but don't hit the spot like some filling ricotta would.

So you guys, it is my 6th day on Phase 1, managed to deal with a fast food emergency last night, and I still haven't seen anything on the scale which is really discouraging. Urgh. How is everyone else doing?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 145/142/130

Height: 5'2

Question Brand new here...any tips?

Hi there, (Dont know if I am posting in the right thread...?)
I have been checking the forums for a few days now and it has been so helpful! You are all so supportive and kind to each other.

I am on Day 6 of P1, and I am so tired of eggs! I have expanded my choices for next week for a couple of egg-free breakfasts, like turkey roll ups.

I wonder if anyone might talk about how SBD affects how your body feels/reacts in the beginning? Just want to be sure I am normal!

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #44  
Come on Spring!

Winnie, to the Beach and you are posting in exactly the right spot.

Breakfast does not have to be eggs - lots of us eat leftovers - even chili!

This plan affects everyone differently. Some chicks get SBD flu from carb reduction, others have to pee a lot, some chicks are on a sort of high. It all settles down eventually.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 PM   #45  
Healthy mommy

Hi SkinnyWinnie, a lot of people have what they call the "SBD Flu" around here, Ruthxxx was saying earlier. And it seems to be true, but not for all (another poster says she has not experienced it.)

I myself tend to feel a bit fatigued at first, and have bad headaches.

This does go away and you will feel great with a lot of energy after getting through Phase 1, in my experience.

And I hear ya, I am so sick of eggs myself! Could barely eat them this morning. I'm gonna have to try something different tomorrow.

Plus, how cool is that that you're on day 6 of phase 1, so am I!

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 11-21-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Closed Thread