South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Merry Monday Maybe

It's nice to have it a tad brighter at 6 - you can tell that night is leaving. My dogs were ready for bed at ten old time last night but we persevered for another hour to get them on the new schedule.

I had an absolutely delightful weekend with fun and friends although way too much food and drink was involved. I'm back on the straight and narrow this morning because the scale is completely insane. An hour from now I'm off to the gym, have today's meals planned and will definitely get at some outside work. My quilting group is cancelled today as the clinic needs to use the room for flu assessment. Whew as I have nothing started to work on when I'm there and am not much for sitting and sipping tea and listening to gossip.

Hope your week starts off on a great note as we gear up for the holiday season. I am spending American Thanksgiving with Cottage which will put me in holiday mode way before usual!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Coffee Club Chat

Here's to Monday.

Once again, the weekend flew by way too fast! It did clear up yesterday afternoon long enough for us to get all the leaves out of the front yard and spread over the raised garden beds. Jake is going to pick up some top soil today to spread over them so they stay in place. Now we have to start working on the leaves in the back yard.

I'll be right back, I have to look up something quick for Jake!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Well weigh in was this morning...scale didn't move...its a good thing and a bad thing. I'm glad I didn't gain, but I wish I woulda lost. Time to get motivated. I had a great weekend and I'm thrilled that my hunny is home. But now its time to get down to business.
Have a great day ladies. I'm off to go make some breakfast and pack a lunch.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #4  

Ok, I'm back.

Ruth, I started the countdown to Thanksgiving yesterday. It will be here before we know it!

Fluff, I'm glad your fiancee is home. Is he home for good now, or just on furlough?

I stayed pretty much OP over the weekend, but did go heavier on the starchy carbs that I should, and I somehow a slice of cheesecake ended up in my tummy. But I'm back on the straight and narrow and looking towards a good "clean" week.

Time for more coffee!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's light enough to see the hard frost all over everything. Guess fall is making it's way to that other season around here.

Ruth - Enjoy that found time. All your talk of quilting almost makes me wish I still had a sewing machine. Though I don't know where I'd fit it in

Cottage - I'm in no hurry to get to Thanksgiving. Yesterday on my walk I saw a house that already had it's Christmas decorations up! Think I'll enjoy the fall while I can. Cheesecake is one of the few things I would be seriously tempted by. Hope it was worth it

Silly - Some weeks just holding steady is a victory

Not much on tap for me. I'm just trying really hard to "keep my chin up" these days. I ended up with 2 walks yesterday. I was trying to get my friend out because I knew she needed the exercise and time away from the business. I gave up around 3:30 and went for a walk on my own. Just as I was getting back to the house she called saying she was on her way over if I still wanted to walk. I didn't have the heart to tell her I had just walked so off I went again It was good for me - it's been awhile since I got 5 miles in.

I've got to get out a little early. I'm dropping lasagna, bread and beans and rice off at their house to provide them some alternatives to fast food this week. Hope your Monday is smooth.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! It's strange to be around on a Monday morning!
Today is the funeral, so since I won't be going to work today, I decided to also skip the gym and slept till 6:30!! Weird waking up with the sun out!
The funeral is here, but burial will be in New Orleans. I'm going to ride to N.O. with my friend since his brother and sister both live in New Orleans and won't be coming back this way. Since yesterday was All Saints Day and today is All Soul's Day, the cemetery should be pretty with tons of flowers. It is supposed to warm up to about 70 today with no rain. I guess if you have to go to a funeral, it's nice weather for it! (wonder if it's tacky to bring a camera for photos of the cemetery all fancied up?)
Old 11-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I am a fat whale. That is all. (We need a whale smilie, by the way.)

Back on track today. Not much time to post. Woke up feeling sick from being just awful yesterday. Yak. Never again. Always gonna be good now. Knew being bad made me feel awful but forgot just HOW awful I felt. I woke up with that feeling of terror inside me that I used to get when I was married.

YIKES I'm late. Sigh. Don't worry, I'll be better once my tea kicks in. Have a great day girlies!!!!

Lisa
Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I begin my weight loss journey/lifestyle change today. This is it!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning ladies.

I have been in the dumps for quite a few days because my SIL didn't get the job. I guess the worst thing was that my daughter was very upset and crying and you feel so helpless when you are so far away. Not to go into a long story but guy that interviewed him was a real jerk. My SIL spent his own money to fly to the interview and when money is short it hurts. But she called me yesterday and sounded much better and they had fun taking the little guy around for Halloween.
Debbie - how did you make out at the yarn sale. It sounded like heaven to me but then I could probably have one of those sales at my home.
Off to be OP today and taking in a couple of short walks and trying to rake some leaves.
Have a nice day everyone.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Sorry not to be able to stop for more than a quick hello right now. I've been OP and busy adjusting to our winter home. We had to pack up DH's DD's stuff in order to even unpack our belongings. I've been getting the office and the computer set up this morning and I have to ready myself to take my Sis to the airport in Denver within the hour.

I've been reading all the goings on and miss being out of touch. Hopefully it won't be for much longer.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #11  

sophie, I'm sorry your SIL didn't get the job. I know how excited you were about it. God must have something better in mind for him, though.

FoodObsessed, WELCOME, and good luck on this journey!

Debbie, we miss you and hope you get all settled in soon!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-02-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #12  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ruth...just jumping in here to say HI to yous. Haven't seen you around the Worldlie thread lately. Glad to hear you had a great weekend.

xoxox annie
Old 11-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #13  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good Monday Morning, ladies!

I have been in and out but not feeling so much like posting the past week. Halloween was alright... and I went off plan for a couple days. No worries, I planned to do it and today I'm back on plan. I still feel good and motivated.

Soon, off to work so I won't be doing personals today, but I wanted to pop in and say, yes, I'm still here!
Old 11-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #14  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I have been practicing avoidance (in a bad way) and now I have to write a paper today...bla bla bla.

I made a list of mini-goals for myself and I have 2 in the next 10 pounds: 216 is BMI of 34.9 ... and 210 is 50 pounds.

I just got back from getting weighed in at the biggest loser at the gym (and working out, got sick because I forgot to eat before I went, doh!). Their scale said I weighed 217 with clothes on...I'm thinking about getting a new scale.

Oh, by the way, I lost 5 pounds, my husband gained 6. Our trainers just looked at him like Bob and Jillian on the show, it was classic. he's gone from 155 to 168 in 4 weeks (I've gone from 228 to 217.2). Plus there was the really hilarious moment where the nice older trainer misread my scale (my size 11 toe was over the 2 and she read "172", that's great! and I was like, "HA HA HA" (I am very big-boned and the dr office always thinks I weigh about 180 or so)...
Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Cottage, you are a sweetheart. I needed to be reminded of God's plan.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread