South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend Wondering at the Beach

Hi Everyone

I'm wondering this weekend if we're going to get back in our routine here at 3FC. Thought I'd say hi, anyway, and see what happens.

We're back on the Western Slope of Colorado and it's snowing like crazy! The drive wasn't too bad since we left pretty early-no traffic. We're over here for 11 wonderful days and are looking forward to fun exercise and healthy eating.

Have a great weekend everyone! I wonder if I'll hear from anyone else??

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-14-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, wonder no more, Debbie! I'm back from my class and here we are. It sure took a while to get it back in working order but it looks like we didn't lose any posts as we did in The Great Server Crash of 2004.

People will be slow to pop in but it seems everything is working OK.

It's dark and raining outside so this will be a quiet afternoon around here. I have quilting to do and may even work in a wee nap with my dogs who have been alone far too much this week. The greeting i got when I came home just now was way over the top. As a rescue dog, Disney seems to think I'm gone forever when I go out the door!

Pop in and say Hi as soon as you get back online, Beachies!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Ruth! Glad to see you back in this neck of the woods! It's bright and snowy here-my chores are done and so I think I'll enjoy a little knitting and dog petting. Enjoy your day at home.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hooray, it looks like we're back in business! That was the longest outage we've ever had. I wonder if we'll ever find out what caused it?

Debbie, enjoy your time on the western slopes of the Rockies! It sounds like you're a lot happier there than on the eastern side.

How'd the quilting class go, Ruth? There are a lot of wonderful Amish fabric stores around here that I'd like to take you to if we have time, on your visit.

I had planned to spend the weekend at my DD's, but she's still not feeling well, so Jake and I decided to start our Christmas shopping, instead. We mostly just drove from store to store comparing prices, but we did pick up a few things, mostly decorations for the house. I'm totally wiped out, though, and glad we're home for the rest of the day.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cottage-shopping is fun but tiring! I just ordered a game on Ebay for DH called "Worst Case Scenario Survival Game of Life-think he'll enjoy it. Had a laugh this AM, I bought some organic pintos and they had little boring bugs-still alive. Not wanting to go back to the store, I decided to freeze them. DH said, great, it'll just be some extra protein. Too much SurvivorMan!! Thanks, Les.

Hope the rest of your day is quiet. I think we're going swimming soon-yes I'm happier here. Lots more fun!
Old 11-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #6  
Be happy.

Hi Ladies!
I sure missed the site - but it made me realize how much I like you guys and also made me realize I'd better start saving my favorite recipes rather than just looking them up when I want them.

Debbie, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Snow and swimming on the same day, eh? By the way, thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's a great distraction when my husband starts eating chips and salsa or ice cream in the evenings. lol

Ruth, it's rainy and dreary here, too. A nap sounds like a very good idea - my little Penny is already snoozing under the blanket on the couch.

Cottage, what kind of decorations did you get? I'm still putting the finishing touches on my Thanksgiving decorations here, I don't want to even think about Christmas decorations yet! Enjoy the rest of your day!

I found a fun app for my iPod http://virtualmodel.blogspot.com/. You put your height starting weight, goal weight and current weight in and a cartoon model of how you look/will look at each stage comes up. (They say it's based on BMI) You can select the hair color, clothes and shoe color etc. It's silly but fun.
(I hope I'll look a little bit happier than the model does when I get down to my goal though. )
Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #7  

I remember the server crash in 2004 when the posts were lost. We've been pretty stable since then.

After dropping off Brian last night I went up to LA Fitness and worked out on the weights for awhile. Then I spent an hour riding the bike while reading the new Nora Roberts book I got from the library. TOM is here so I know my weight is up but at least I burned some calories.

I got my oil changed this morning and had lunch over at Austin's. I like it there because the food is good, the drinks are strong and the girl at the bar remembers what we order. The guys are working today so I went by myself with a book but ended up meeting a nice lady who supports computers for AT&T so we talked for quite awhile. The only thing I don't like is I end up smelling like cigarette smoke.

Don's sick with a nasty cough/allergies so I doubt if I'll see him this weekend and then I'm primary on call starting on Monday so I'll have to stick close to home. I need to get my exercise in before then so I'll probably go back up to the health club again later.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Things look pretty stable on the site this morning. I had a bad moment when I got the error message and then realized I hadn't connected to the Net. Duh! I sure got lots done while we were down though - even washed and rehung my bedroom curtains - fall housecleaning from 1979.

Today is supposed to be rain-free and we have a sunny week ahead. That's a good thing because the contractors will be here at eight to start replacing the Church roof! They've been off running after moose and deer so the start was delayed. Claire and I will be "coffee and muffining" them during the week to keep them happy.

Church and then some paper tidying to get the week started with a clean desk. I must run in high gear this coming week as it's a busy one. I need to do some cook ahead stuff for four back-to-back parties starting the first week of December. It's a good thing I don't have a deer or moose in my freezer!

Have a sunny and productive day.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's suppposed to be mild and sunny here all week, too. I have to run to Walmart this morning and visit Mom & Dad, but I plan to sit outside on the patio this afternoon to read the Sunday papers and soak up some sun before the kids show up for supper.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hmmm, seems I missed a crash because of my crash. Our hard drive "died" last week on our main house computer (thank Gawd for my netbook with my school stuff on it!) My husband had to replace the hard drive, then was able to get most of our files from the old drive...it was a nightmare though with tech on the phone etc. We got rid of our land phone a few months ago and it was "sit on hold" with cell phones...aughh!!!

Foggy here is morning and chilly. Nothing fun or exiting to report this week...
Oh, other than a sad thing. A girl I used to work with died on Wednesday...only 49 years old. She had diabetes and did NOT take care of herself. Made me thank SB even more.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Didn't realize the site came back up yesterday but I was off computer by then.

Yesterday did some shopping with DS and DD2 and then played outside with DD2 since it was so nice. DH and I took DD2 to see Christmas Carol, it was okay was my thought.

Today is church and then finishing up cleaning the house and some more laundry.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

Slept in a bit on this snow covered, chilly day. I have one of Kalyn's Egg Casseroles in the oven and need to get ready for church. It's Rudi's week at the hospital, so I got his bath in last night so I can go to a concert this afternoon. Our church pianist is featured. A little paperwork inbetween and it will soon be time to think about Monday. Have a great day everyone.

Cat, sorry to hear about your friend.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-15-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

hey everyone,
sorry I haven't been around. My computer decided it wasn't gonna let me on the site for some reason. It was making me mad. We have our cake tasting today so we shall see how that goes. Hope everyone has had a great weekend. I'll be around later today.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Yesterday, I went to Elite Buffet with my friend Linda. I had salmon and new york steak. I stayed away from junk but I'm worried that I ate too much. Yesterday was my third day on P1.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!! Just checking in after the outage. Hope all are well!
Jenn
Closed Thread