South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #1  

Default Thrilling Thursday

How is everyone today?

WE ARE NEARLY THERE!

I'm feeling really headachey this morning and i'm not sure why. The mattress on my bed is a horrible one, with a big dip in the middle, so I flipped it but feel WORSE! I can't win.

Tomorrow the boy arrives so I am in full preperation mode tonight. I did a big clean (not that he'll notice or care!) last night and tonight is TAN NIGHT!

I really need to start on my halloween costume too.

How is everyones days going?

I need coffee....
Old 10-29-2009, 06:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I woke up this morning sick to my stomach. I think it has to do with my nerves because I have to go in and talk to all these high school kids today and tomorrow. I really shouldn't feel this way, I've already been in several classes and they were very respectful. I guess I just would much rather be at elementary school where I belong. I'm definitely not cut out for high school.
One more day til my fiancee comes back!!! YAY!! I can't wait. I bought him a few things while he was gone, so he'll be happy to come home to some new clothes and some PB filled chocolate bears. LOL I bought them for a fundraiser for school and since he LOVES peanut butter I figured he'd like them. We are gonna take some family friends' kids trick-or-treating saturday. Didn't really plan on it, wanted to enjoy him being home, but my mother kinda guilted me into it. So now I'm stuck.
Hope everyone has a terrific day today. Talk to all of you later on!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for getting us started, Meelsie. I'm sorry that you and Fluff aren't feeling well this morning, and hope you feel better as the day unfolds.

Not much going on here. Another day, another dollar. I'm trying to get some housework and a load of laundry done before heading to the farm. Tonight is gymnastics, so I'll be getting home later than usual. I'd better think about what I'm going to have for supper. I put a pork chop and salsa in the crockpot for Jake, but I can't eat that. Last night's salad was pretty good, maybe I'll make another one for tonight.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Early chicks this morning. I was impressed until I realized Meelsie is five hours ahead of me. Thanks for starting us up, chickies, and I hope the heads and backs smarten up for the weekend.

I am also impressed that the day is right. I can't believe our Tuesday/Thursday goof the other day and that Pearlrose was the only one to notice.

Had a great quilting class yesterday and went out to lunch with my teacher - Wendy's chicken Caesar without dressing! She has asked me to consider being her assistant when she has a large class. She says I'm already doing it by helping people. I am going to turn her down as I just don't want the time commitment, particularly since she teaches some evening classes. I don't relish driving at night for a half hour plus and then doing the return trip around 10.

I have pea soup to do this morning before Donna gets here to clean, an appointment for my regular 'flu shot and then am off to search for a new vacuum cleaner. I'm leaning towards a Dyson but am wondering if it's the guy's Brit accent. I just might get some leaves raked this afternoon. No dinner to cook as I have a 6:30 AGM for the Fair Board and we will be having a reception before the meeting - I'm taking cheese and grapes and hoping somebody brings a veggie tray. "No, I will not go back to being Treasurer!" Just practising!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Meelsie and Fluff -- Both of your Honeys come home tomorrow? Bet we don't hear from you guys this weekend!

Cottage, I wish I had it in me to prepare dinner in the morning. You are so good!

Ruth, Have you ever had a bagless vacuum? The dirt that is picked up on the commercial is 'clean' dirt. The dirt in a typical home is not 'clean'. I found emptying a bagless vacuum nasty and it made a bigger mess than I had in the first place. JMO.

Me: Tonight is my last Jazzercise class. I'm terrified I'm going to fall apart. I tend to be emotional, but I really want to keep it together tonight.

My boss's mother died this week. I've offered to stay in the office and answer phones, but was told the office would be closed tomorrow. On the bright side, the funeral is on the side of town I lived before I got married. There are several great restaurants down there AND a Whole Foods Market. WooHoo!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-29-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:53 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Meelsie - Hope the headache passes.

Fluff - HS students can definitely be challenging. Good luck!

Cottage - Is that dollar before or after taxes?

Ruth - Maybe we were all hoping it was Thursday! We just got a Dyson and absolutely love it. I was hesitant but it's definitely worth it. Pea soup sounds good. Might need to make a pot this weekend now that the weather is right.

Chelby - good luck tonight

This morning the coffee pot woke me in the middle of a dream. Not to sound all Wizard of Oz-like but you were all there We were drinking wine and hanging out. Wish I'd slept longer and enjoyed the company more. For some reason Chelby's peach wine was more like moonshine. hmmmm

The interview went really well. I liked the agency and the woman who interviewed me. I know she liked me. Now it comes down to who else she interviewed No matter the outcome it's really nice to have a good interview and get that little confidence booster.

Today should fly by and the weekend, like things in your mirror, is closer than it looks!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

I'm just on a quick stop this morning-coffee on the go! DH got up with me this AM and we have tons to do. If I want him to do all sorts of chores at 5AM, it's not in my best interest to be typing away

Busy, cold day here. 24 degrees right now. I'll check in later for a personal hello, but I did want to say to both Meelsie and Silly Fluff-Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #8  

Cyndi, what an odd dream! What was I wearing? Did I look good?

Well done on the interview- every little bit is practice and a great confidence booster, you're right. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for you.

Chelby- your boss' Mum dies and the office closes? Wow. Does that mean you're all going to the funeral? Must be a tight knit office.

Ruth- I did notice the Tuesday/Thursday mix up and it confused me all day. This week has seemed longer for it! Also, the best way to shop for a vaccuum cleaner is to borrow friends' and see which ones you like. I know people who swear by Dyson but on our old carpet it did nothing, so we opted for another brand. It all depends.

The boy is just coming to visit- things are all very new between us but he lives about 5 hours away so he's coming to see me. I'm really nervous even though I know I shouldn't be, but it's the first time he's visited just to see me, before it was all "I have to be in London for business so we might as well catch up".... all out in the open now. Eep! Deep breaths. I'm such a commitment phobe so I just need to tell myself not to do or say anything stupid!

I made a really nice on plan dinner last night, by the way. Sort of a variation on the mexican soup recipe, but with butter beans, zucchini, broccoli and peppers added in, so it was more like a stew. I did have some trouble with the butter beans though- I've cooked them before with oil and rosemary and know they don't take long, so I added them in at the end... but they were very cardboard tasting- what did I do wrong?!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 10"

Morning everyone. The crazy week continues. On top of all my DDs things going on, my mom ended up in the hospital. She is doing well and should be home today. But, I had to fit in getting to see her last night. This morning I need to drop off a booster seat with a neighbor and then get home to put dd on the bus, then off to work. DD is going to a friends after school and I'll meet them at 6 for 1st grade literacy night. If I leave work at 5, I should have time to come home and change before meeting them at 6. If I'm running late, I'll have to go right to the school. Dinner for me will be later on when we get home. Hopefully I can make it -- I brought an extra cheese stick with me for a 5:00 snack.

Question for you all -- have you found your body changes quickly doing SDB? I lost 3 pds last week, but I've noticed the clothes that were getting tight in the tummy are no longer bugging me. Just wondering.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

quick flyby meself....after nastynasty flu/sinusitis that just wouldn't leave me--
am very popular amongst germs now back to work... difficult to get brain back in academic mode!
so away from wonderfully distracting 3FC and on to writing thesis...or maybe take a walk...

cheers ladies!!!

perpetually procrastinating polly (formerly known as jandaman)

(oh and didn't lose but didn't gain. still frustrating*grumble*)
Old 10-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

MORNING!

Cyndi, were we in Key West?

I've been up since 5. I should have posted earlier! Fell asleep at Chris' house last night and he works at 6 so up at 5 I was! I don't feel too bad. I suppose how tired you are depends on how you wake up. When I wake up cold and alone at home, I can barely stand getting up at 6:30. However, I woke up all warm and snuggly at Chris' house, so I'm doin pretty good!

I feel so bad for him. He has allergies like I do and I could barely understand him when I got there last night, he was so stopped up. He sounds awful this morning too. My allergies were bad Fri-Tues but are more under control now. Just a little drippy and nasal sounding, but I suppose to most I'm always a little nasal sounding with the Chicago influence on my dialect.

I'm not even FROM there and people always tell me I sound like I'm from up north. No, I just don't sound like I'm from HERE. After the tornadoes came through in '06, the radio callers were ridiculous: "Thur's uh SAHHH-lowww on thuh HAHHH-wayyy in PAYna." Geez people. It's not even an awesome southern drawl. It's just straight red-neck. *Dueling Banjos*

Today is Halloween dress-up day at work. They're providing food (d'oh) which I will try to avoid. I didn't have money for a real costume so I'm going as Brian Urlacher. I'll wear his jersey with a long-sleeved white shirt under it, pull my hair back into a ponytail and put my blue doo rag on my head, and wear a wrist brace.

WOW Lisa, have some more caffeine. I'm a bit chatty this morning! Guess I'd better go get my outfit on and get ready to go. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 10-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #12  

I'm cold, headachey and want some comfort food.

I'm afraid of myself again today.

The staff cafe is doing lasagne for lunch. They are also doing grilled chicken paprika but OH GOD THE TEMPTATION!

Weezle- do you take any sort of antihistamine tablets? I know Zyrtec is really good as it doesn't have any food derivatives so it's safe for sensitive people...

Aw, that's so sweet that you're feeling OK- you must be very loved up. I agree though, I even don't get as hungover with the boy around. It must be a chemical thing, like an endorphin thing. Or just not caring because you got a nice warm cuddle!

Oh god i'm turning into mush. Stop me now.

Yes- I hope we were on the beach in Key West- with gorgeous bikini bodies and all eating key lime pies with 0 calories and maximum taste. Yes, that's the stuff dreams are made of.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ooops! I did notice that Thursday/Tuesday blooper yesterday, but was hoping nobody took notice. I'll own it up to wishful thinking.

Meelsie, the only thing I can think of with the butterbeans is that maybe you should have added them in earlier so they could cook longer. I'm not too familiar with butterbeans. Sorry.

blessedwithsarah, that's the beauty of SBD! One of the very first things you'll notice is a difference in how your clothes fit. Congratulations!

I got the housework and all the laundry done, meals are planned out for the day, and I'm heading out the door. Have a great day, and I'll catch up with you all this evening!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi, I am in Alabama... It may be moonshine!

Weezle, the first time my family visited me here in Alabama, they said, "The people talk like banjos!" They really do! Some folks put so many extra syllables in their words, I feel I need an interpreter!

Meelsie, There are 7 of us in the office. Trust me, I'd rather be in the office than at a funeral -- A Catholic funeral at that! No offense, my Catholic Friends, but your funerals and weddings are LONG!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #15  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

good morning ladies.

I am kinda crabby and groggy this morning... today was weigh in and I've gained back the two I lost from last week. *sigh

So in 4 weeks I've managed to lose 6lbs... 8 total if you count the two from last week. I'm annoyed. But I'm not giving up. This week was rough and I know I wasn't perfectly on plan. I was on the right foods but I know I didn't eat enough, I was hungry a lot and went too many hours with out food, didn't get enough veggies and probably ate too many nuts. I also haven't started exercising yet.

It's another week. I was hoping to be down 20 by now... so I wouldn't feel guilty when I have some alcohol on Halloween night. I've decided I'm still going to because hey, life is life and I am going to live it. I still feel confident that the weight will come off... it's just going to take a lot longer than I thought and I will have to stay on Phase 1 except when I'm out or there's a pot luck or something... (which we have often enough to consider myself 1.5)

Even the 8ish lbs I've taken off have made a big difference in my mood, outlook and clothing fit. I'm happy for that and will keep plugging away.

I'm not going to do personals this morning, I have been working all week at my temp job for the Law office so I am going to go get ready for work now but I know I haven't checked in much this week so I wanted to at least say hi and let you know where I'm at.

Have a good day.
Closed Thread