Marvelous Monday Beach Chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Morning

It looks like a nice day here. I'm glad to be up early since I have a busy week ahead. I plan on getting the house shaped back up and get a jump on my EOM paperwork. I'm heading to the gym early then will walk to the pool for some aerobics. Then back for more paperwork and who knows what. Sometimes my days just fall into place a piece at a time.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Oh no, I did the same thing. Let's hope someone deletes it for me
    Here is what I said:
    Good morning ladies. I figured since I was on and one hadn't been started yet, that I'd start today's thread. Today was weigh in day for me...down 4lbs. I was hoping it'd be more. But 4lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Eating my breakfast right now, eggs and turkey sausage. Another busy week ahead of me with work. I have testing today and tomorrow and the rest of the week I have observations. I'm trying to get some kinds interested in doing an internship next semester so I can keep my job. Lets hope something good comes out of it. My fiancee comes home Friday. I'm so ready. He's been gone since the beginning of the month. I'm so bored with out him. Whats everyone else's day looking like?
  • Good morning, Debbie, and back atcha! We are supposed to have sunshine today so I will tackle some more outside clean-up after the gym trip. It was still too wet yesterday - raking wet leaves is like raking soggy cornflakes.

When I cleared out my dining room in prep for painting, I decided to ditch a lot of stuff. I have a sale booked for November 7 but may be able to cancel it. Over the weekend, I managed to sell a fair amount of "stuff" off my diningroom table! I've now raised over $300 for the new roof at the Church! I still have a lot of silver to get rid of but the antique dealer may want most of that. Today I plan to "cull" the crystal. I really don't need 12 martini glasses! I don't know that many people who drink martinis! My lifestyle has certainly changed since I moved to the country!

Aside from that, I cleared several niggles over the weekend and still managed a goodly amount of "me" time. I know more things will appear as niggles this week but it feels great to ditch some of the pesky critters.

How does your week look? Niggle-free?
  • Hi Fluff. Thanks for starting us up. I removed your other thread. When more than one person starts the thread, don't fret. Cottage or I can merge it with the thread that got started first. This morning, we nearly had three!
  • Good morning That was all too confusing for Monday morning

Fluff - wow, 4 lbs is great

Debbie - Well, saw your post before it disappeared. Maybe it will come back? Have fun at the pool

Ruth - It will be so nice to have the new space and have the clutter cleared. It's far too easy to accumulate more than we need and oh so hard to get rid of it. Sounds like it's going really well. We have lakes in our yard so no outside work this week.

Another work week already. I have a meeting this morning than a visit this afternoon. I am determined to schedule more visits no matter what else is on my plate. They are absolutely the best part of the job. Looks like it will be a good day for a lunchtime walk too. I'm taking advantage of the weather as long as it holds.

Hope your Monday flies by.
  • Good morning, Beach chickies!

today's supposed to be our last sunny day for the rest of the week, so I have to celebrate it. I'm glad I got the garden covered with a heavy blanket of mulch for the winter yesterday, and the rain should help to start the newspapers to break down.

I have an early morning cut and color appointment, then back home to get a few things done before heading out to the farm. Audrey has cotillion after school in Wilmington, so maybe Maggie and I will get to the museum, as we didn't get to go last week.

Ruth, it sounds like you had a satisfying and productive weekend.

Fluff, I hope your internship plans work out well and that your week flies by for Friday!

Debbie, what's up for today?

Cyndi, we were simulposting! Our yard is drying out, but the field behind us is one big swamp, and has been most of the summer. I'm expecting to see alligators any time now.
  • Fluff, I had a chuckle thinking of you. Both P1 and spirit week are a done deal. I think your weight loss is great, and more importantly, you had a clean P1. I think we are so insulin resistant that sometimes it takes a bit for the numbers start to catch up. Have no fear...as long as you stay OP it will happen.

Ruth, it sounds like you've made great headway on your niggles. I, too, have so much stuff. Alot of it is boxed in the basement. I've been sorting a bit at a time and got rid of a set of china last year. Have a great day!

ETA
    Good Morning, Cyndi. Have a great walk and some nice visits!
    Cottage, I hope you make it to the museum today. I was really looking forward to a report last week. Enjoy your day. Glad to hear your garden is spiffed up for winter. I finally got around to my compost last Friday. What nice soil for my beds in spring.
  • Happy Monday, Everyone!

Debbie, EOM Paperwork -- My favorite!

Silly, I know you're excited about your honey coming home. Was he working?

Ruth, Your sale sounds great! I have some of my grandmother's antique silver in my attic. It's beautiful, but not very practical.

Cyndi, I hope your visits go great today!

Cottage, One of the football games Jeff watched yesterday was in Philly. I thought of you. The colors are beautiful!

Me: I guess the biggest thing going on in my life this week is that it is my last week teaching Jazzercise. I'm resigning my position. I love teaching. I love Jazzercise. But, after working 40 hours, my brain just doesn't want to learn new routines, which is part of the job. I want to spend that time with my family. I NEED to spend that time doing laundry and housework! The person who subs for me when I can't teach is 'praying' about being the owner. All that should be finalized today.

So, I'm sad. I'm relieved. I'm scared I'm going to gain 500 pounds because of no exercise. (I really hate exercise other than Jazzercise. Yuck!) Lots of emotions. I hope I survive being on stage this week without weeping!

Other than that -- today we do money and number talleys from the Pancake Breakfast. I hope it was the biggest ever!
  • Morning!

I know I posted it in the OP thread but I'm posting it here too. I LOST 7 POUNDS!!!!! Hot diggity dog! I'm hoping (and I know this is quite possibly wishful thinking, as I don't have much to lose) that I can be at 115 by next Monday. We'll just have to see what happens.

Still a bit on the drainy side. Not awful, but it's making me cough and blow my nose. Still the walking pharmacy, although I'm DONE with the prednisone! YES!!!! Of course, while at the store, I bought some B-vites, so that's an extra pill I started this morning, but they make me happy so I don't care.

Gotta call in my prescription and then get moving. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!! STAY OP!

Lisa
  • He was in the field. He's a marine. Every fall and spring they go. I hate it.
  • Good Morning Everyone

SillyFluff, congrats on the 4lb loss.

Weezle, congrats on the 7lb loss.

Me: For the past few mornings I've had a French Vanilla Coffee w/Splenda and not sure what's in that French Vanilla part but for some reason I've had a craving for coffee, lol. Not sure what to eat for breakfast since we have no eggs or anything really. All I have is Dry Roasted Peanuts and Sardines, and 1% small curd Cottage Cheese. Dunno which of those to eat, lol.

So how is everyone? Anyone exercising to Jillian Michaels? I just ordered basically all of her DVDs from netflix and gonna copy them and then send them back, lol.
  • Jelly, I've seen one JM workout DVD. Her 'warm-up' was running. She yelled, "Pick up your KNEES!!! RUN!!!" That is SO hard on your body! A warm-up should be gentle.

Just my opinion.
  • Quote: Jelly, I've seen one JM workout DVD. Her 'warm-up' was running. She yelled, "Pick up your KNEES!!! RUN!!!" That is SO hard on your body! A warm-up should be gentle.

Just my opinion.

LOL, oh I gotta find that one, dunno which one it is.. but one similar to how she talks on The Biggest Loser I would love to have - I need someone to kick my butt into shape like that, LOL
  • Peeking in before a meeting!
    Weezle Congrats Lady
    ok I gotta run!
  • Chelby, yes, the leaves are at their peak right now and just gorgeous! That's too bad that you had to resign your position at Jazzersize. I do know how difficult it is to juggle work and home obligations, though. I hope you can find time to get in some exercise some time during the day, though. I know you're going to be missed at your Jazzercise sessions!

Weezle, congratulations on your 7# loss! Keep up the good work!

Hi Jellybean and KO!

I just found out the girls probably have the flu, and are both home today. Cindy was taking them to the doctor this morning, and I'm waiting to hear what he had to say. I'm not sure whether I should go over or not. I know Cindy would like my help, but I sure don't want to bring the flu germs home with me, either!