South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Beaching on the Weekend Chat

It's Saturday!

And, since it's Saturday, it's raining, of course. We seem to be followng a pattern here. But at least it's warm!
We're going up to the Amish farm market for breakfast (baked oatmeal!) and some grocery shopping. This afternoon I'm going to a Tastefully Simple party. I've checked them out on their website, and nothing looks to be SBD safe, so I'm going to eat my lunch before I go, and just have a glass of wine. I know I won't be buying anything! I wouldn't even go, but my SIL is hosting, and you know how that goes. At least it will be fun to get out and socialize!

What's on everyone's agenda for the weekend?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I love the weekend! So silly because, being retired, every day could be the weekend for me. Somehow it doesn't work out that way. We have rain for today too, Cottage, but I really didn't want to do outside work anyhow.

The dogs and I slept until nearly 7 this morning. I hope that's the start of a trend. I'm not sure what will happen when we adjust to the time change next weekend.

Today is "Hazardous Waste Day" at the dump but I really don't feel like hauling old paint cans in the rain. Clare and I are going to pop into the Seniors Tea and Bazaar around noon so lunch will be little fancy sandwiches with no crusts. Maybe even white bread! I'll stay in control and will definitely not try any of the gooey sweets that will also be part of the deal. This afternoon will be spent at home in the kitchen as I am overloaded with bananas that need drying and apples anxious to be made into sauce. Tea and the Saturday paper sounds good too! "Me" time is very important these days.

Hope your day is a good one and includes some "Me" time.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Cottage and Ruth...Hmm...it seems we all have the same weather today. DH was going to paint the porch today so that will have to wait. I was going to walk the dogs and pick some apples maybe I'll just do it anyway, since Bing now has rain gear.

We had an interesting evening...a guy was supposed to show up at 630 to evaluate the carpet for cleaning but when he showed he was ready to do it. I had dinner on the stove and instead we moved all the living room furniture into the kitchen and went outside while they worked. We talked about going out, but instead found space to eat and went to bed early. I moved the furniture back this morning and took a moment to take in the beautiful work before the doggies tracked back in.

It is our last farmers market, so I think I'll get some more Honeycrisps for drying and thank everyone for such a nice season. Here, our rain can turn to snow very quickly, so I'm preparing. I think I'll combine knitting, paperwork and housecleaning for a very enjoyable day.

Ruth, the Senior Tea and Bazaar is right down my alley. Wish I was closer. BTW, how are your Bingo knees? I hope, OK.

Cottage, baked oatmeal sounds delightful. Have you ever tried it? Enjoy the market and your party...at least it's not tupperware or candles.

Hi to everyone else
Old 10-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/166.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Dreary Here as Well

It's overcast and dreary here in the Sunshine State but no sign of rain...yet. I hope it holds off because my middle daughter drove up to visit (our weekend/vacation house) for the sole purpose of surfing Daytona Beach. I guess if a storm kicks up she'll have bigger waves...gulp...just another thing for this mama to worry about!

Hope you all have a beach-y day!
Old 10-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
Sorry the rain has you all in it's clutches! After a while it's pretty depressing.
Seems like no rain for us today. We had a horrid storm night before last, tornado warnings etc. But today is cold and should be sunny.

No adventures planned for today. Just going to work out in the yard when it warms up and do some house cleaning and work for school. An "old" design client wants me to do some work on her site too. Not really up to that and keep pushing her to find someone to take over the site. I'm out of that business and don't want to fool with it since my weekends are the only free time I have. Will work on it tomorrow.

Had fun last night out with friends. Got a great grain crust/veggie/shrimp pizza and had a couple of beers.

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-24-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm moving slowly this morning. Must be the rain and the dreary

Cottage - Good luck with that party. Hope you get a little relaxing time, sounds like you've had a busy week. See you later for a glass of wine

Ruth - I hope this is a new morning routine for the dogs. I'll be hitting those apples myself later

Debbie - I have a recipe somewhere for baked oatmeal. It used to be one of my favorite breakfasts before I discovered the crockpot porridge. Speaking of that, it's about time to start that again.
I'm always so sad to see the Farmers Market end. They started a winter market here. You have to get there early to get the good stuff though. We are doing a Winter share at a local farm. It's actually Nov-Dec but has fresh greens and pears so I'm happy.

Strega - It never really gets easier for Mamas Enjoy your visit.

Cat - Good morning! Glad your weather is better today! That pizza sounds wonderful

No surprise - it's raining here too. Looks like heavy rain so we will be indoors all day. That's not bad because I've seen our house I've got the usual - bread, beans, apples and chard to dry and another batch of pumpkin butter. I"m going to try cooking a stew in a pumpkin for dinner. I've been eyeing one of those recipes and it looks fun.

We are keeping our fingers crossed for tomorrow and nice weather. It will either be birding or a party, or maybe a little of both

Think I'll plan a little Me time today too.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Strega-luna, have a beachy weekend. I read your blog every morning, thanks. Your recipe sounds great!

Cat, I always enjoy touching base with you on the weekend. Enjoy your time off.

Cyndi, sounds like a typical day for you. I hope your chores are smooth, you get some "me" time and that the weather shifts in favor of a Sunday out.

Gothik, thanks for the computer help yesterday. I really like having my beacher bio on my sig-especially since it took so long to write one. Its difficult finding bios since there are so many.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Ugh I'm so tired this morning. I didn't get to sleep til late and for some reason i was up way early! had a cinnimon omelet for breakfast. it was yummy. Gotta do some grocery shopping this weekend and some cleaning. We'll see what actually gets done.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Saturday everyone. Raining here as well....oh well. I think this is the 5th weekend in a row we have had rain. Not too much going on today. DD has gymnastics this morning and then she is off to a neighbors to play. I need to get my nieces baby shower gift wrapped -- her shower is tomorrow.

Sillyfluff - is the cinnamon omlet recipe posted here? Sounds interesting. I need to go through the SDB receipes some to get some new ideas.

Stregaluna - hope you get some sun today.

Cottage - have fun at breakfast.

Well, got to get moving. BBL
Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

Rain here too.

I too would love to go to a farmers market but our local one is a joke. There is very little fresh veggies or fruit but lots of homecooking for sale. This one chap was selling soup at $8. a quart and apple pies (small ones) for $6. he was surprised when I told him I could make all this stuff myself.

Busy weekend cleaning the guestroom and washroom and then planning meals for when my sil comes over and of course I have to sent some baking with him. I think I will have a leg of lamb because I know he likes it and they can't afford to buy this expensive meat right now.

Have a good weekend chickies
take care
Sophie
Old 10-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #11  

Morning All!! Sorry our rain of the last two days has dampened your weekend. However, the sun peeking through the fog this morning is quite beautiful. Hope you all get some ME time in today. As for me, my DD and I are going to the BIG city (about an hour away) for some mother-daughter time - should be fun. Hope you all have a wonderful day - stay dry.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Back from morning errands and curled up on the couch watching the pouring rain and drinking my Pumpkin Spice tea. The market had winter squashes on sale for 19 cents a pound, so I stocked up. I have a pot of butternut squash soup simmering on the stove right now, and it smells so good. I think I'll have a big bowl of it before I go to my SIL's.

Debbie, I eat baked oatmeal almost every weekend, and I adore the stuff! I have recipes for it, but don't make it. There's an Amish lady who sells it out of her little roadside bake shop, and she offers a SF version, too. When I go there, I like to get several and freeze them in individual portions. My SIL tells me she sells a pumpkin cinnamon one now, too, so I'm going to have to try that one out soon.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithsarah View Post
Sillyfluff - is the cinnamon omlet recipe posted here? Sounds interesting. I need to go through the SDB receipes some to get some new ideas.
yea it is posted. I can't remember where though. All it basically is is 2 eggs, 2 packets of splend, sprinkle of cinnimon. Mix this all together. Cook it like you normally would an omelet and put FF cream cheese inside instead of reg cheese. Top it with a little SF syrup. Make me think of stuffed french toast. YUM!

Last edited by SillyFluff; 10-24-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I enjoyed our farmers market and have managed to knit all afternoon. I'll have both the hat and scarf finished to give to a girl who goes to our church tomorrow. I do see the sun peeking out, though. We have plans to go to the movies tonight which is always subject to change.

Silly, hope you get some weekend rest-too much spirit last week.

Paula, there are really alot of good recipes on the forum. I've been reading them lately for new ideas.

Sophie, I'm sure you could make better apple pies, eh? Lamb sounds sooo good. DH doesn't like it so I don't ever cook it. Have fun preparing for your family.

Waquilter, fun fun. Glad you have sun.

back to knitting...
Old 10-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

OH, Suillyfulff -- that sounds YUMMY. Sweeten the creamcheese a bit with some splenda, add some cinnamon and vanilla to that.....hmm, guess whats for breakfast tomorrow.

Well, dd's playdate never happened. So we had a girls afternoon at the nail salon. I had my toes done, she got both a manicure and pedicure. She's only 6, but its always a battle when I attempt to cut her nails. It was fun. Then I ran into my babysitter who said she could sit tonight after work. So nice surprize night out for us!!! Its been so long since we've started our night out at 7!

I've been checking menus at a couple of restaurants -- It should be easy to stay on plan. I love salad with meat! I'm going to splurge with a glass of wine.

Lexxis - I crochet. I made two baby sweaters for my niece, her baby shower it tomorrow. I'm also making a sweater for my dd. I love it -- I 've never knitted, my sister does. I need to learn some day.

Hope you all have a good night.
Closed Thread