South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #16  

Thursday, when will you end!

Today has dragged- I went out to a club last night (yes terrible I know, on a Wednesday) and this morning when I got into work I was told the late shift receptionist was sick, leaving me to do both!

There I was, thinking it would be a nice cruisy day and I could do my usual shift then get back into bed and feel sorry for my poor tired self!

I've been feeling fragile and sorry for myself all day and craving some chocolate... instead i've been having hot choc drinks which is a lesser evil I figure, but now I feel sick from all the faux sugar chocolate and don't think i'll have dinner...

Is that a terrible thing to do, metabolism wise? I just don't think I could manage!?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #17  

Gothik, my boy (that im kinda sorta seeing eeek) is visiting me next weekend too!
Am I correct in thinking you're on Phase 1 like me? If so we can motivate each other for their visit, to make sure we don't slip up? We have the same goal right now- next weekend!
Let me know...
Old 10-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #18  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meelsie View Post
Gothik, my boy (that im kinda sorta seeing eeek) is visiting me next weekend too!
Am I correct in thinking you're on Phase 1 like me? If so we can motivate each other for their visit, to make sure we don't slip up? We have the same goal right now- next weekend!
Let me know...
I'm mostly on phase 1... I've moved to 1.5 but all I've added is an apple every other day. I'm all about motivating each other! I did originally decide I wasn't going to drink on halloween.... but have decided now that I'm going to. But there will be other temptations that I'm going to not indulge in.

I haven't even had any halloween candy.. and I LOVE those reeses peanut butter pumpkins like mad.

My sweetie is a steak and potatoes guy... and pasta. so yeah... I could use a little motivation to choose well even if the potatoes are in front of me.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #19  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

SNEEZE. That is all.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #20  

This is actually my first celebrated Halloween, i'm living in London and i've just moved from Australia where noone really makes a big deal about it. So I keep telling myself that because of that, denying myself of sweets won't be a big issue, coz it's not something that I'll feel like i'm missing out on, having never had it before.... right? RIGHT?? haha.

I'm also a little worried about food choices while he's here, as it's early stages between us so I don't intend on telling him i'm dieting right now- I can't be bothered having that "you dont need to lose weight" "yes I do" conversation. Hearing that sort of stuff will make me fail and I need to get this weight off that i've gained since being here!

I'll also be drinking, so cheers! I'll have vodka or gin as it's lower in calories than wine to make myself feel a bit better... I figure if I don't drink i'll be miserable and noone wants that!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #21  

weezle- ????
Old 10-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #22  
Becoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meelsie View Post
This is actually my first celebrated Halloween, i'm living in London and i've just moved from Australia where noone really makes a big deal about it. So I keep telling myself that because of that, denying myself of sweets won't be a big issue, coz it's not something that I'll feel like i'm missing out on, having never had it before.... right? RIGHT?? haha.

I'm also a little worried about food choices while he's here, as it's early stages between us so I don't intend on telling him i'm dieting right now- I can't be bothered having that "you dont need to lose weight" "yes I do" conversation. Hearing that sort of stuff will make me fail and I need to get this weight off that i've gained since being here!

I'll also be drinking, so cheers! I'll have vodka or gin as it's lower in calories than wine to make myself feel a bit better... I figure if I don't drink i'll be miserable and noone wants that!
wow... halloween is the best! my absolute favorite day of the year.

I hear ya about the 'conversation'... some ppl want everyone to know, some ppl, like me have only told select ppl. my sweetie is one that i've told but he's very supportive without making it seem like he thinks i NEED to. and he doesn't say i don't need to... he just supports. even though the truth is, i do. he cares for me as is so thats comforting.

i'm not sure yet what i'm going to drink. i'll be in a martini and fresh mojito lounge so the temptations of very fruity drinks (the pinneapple mojito is the bomb!) is always there. I don't like gin.. but i like sloe gin... with oj. gah. I will have to figure out my drink of choice for the evening.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

gothik 8 lbs in three weeks is great. From here on out you should be losing .5 to 2 lbs per week that is the healthy option, if you lose at that rate it is harder to gain back.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #24  
Becoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
gothik 8 lbs in three weeks is great. From here on out you should be losing .5 to 2 lbs per week that is the healthy option, if you lose at that rate it is harder to gain back.
thanks Pearlrose
Old 10-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #25  
Live, Laugh, Love

I am allergic to fall.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #26  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Weez... Bless YOU!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Thank YOU! I'll let that one "Bless YOU" cover the 8,000 sneezes I've had in between posts.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Well as I figured I didn't get to my 'office' to sort things out like I wanted to...Do I think I'll get there tomorrow? Most likely not. Last day of spirit week is tomorrow though...I am counting down!!
I skipped lunch today and walked on the track again (4 laps YAY!) but I'm hungry. So I'm wondering if I eat a big enough breakfast maybe I can just eat "lunch" when I get home, like a small snack and then have dinner. I try to eat throughout the day but since "lump" is there I basically just don't have the time and I can't answer the phone and deal with people coming into the office with food in my mouth. Something has to give. Anyhoo, I'm off to go heat up some lima beans (yummy) and a lean hamgburger that I made last night.
BYEEE
Old 10-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #29  
Live, Laugh, Love

Fluff, I was a grade school secretary for about a year (that's how much patience I had for the requirements of THAT job.) Worst job I ever had. Hated it. Also had to sit there and wasn't allowed my 30 minute break that Federal Government said I must take since I was not managerial salaried.

That is.... until I mentioned that the Federal Government required that they let me take my 30 minute break, and that didn't mean I was allowed to eat at my desk for 30 minutes, or I was allowed to go into a separate room where I could still hear if someone came in or the phone rang for 30 minutes, that I was allowed to do whatever the %&*^$! I wanted to do for 30 minutes.

They weren't surprised when I quit.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #30  

Weezle you poor thing! I've been the same the past few days and it's NO fun!
Closed Thread