3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Monday Musings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/183955-monday-musings.html)

cottagebythesea 10-12-2009 06:28 AM

Monday Musings

Happy Columbus Day and Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian chicks!

We had our first frost alert this morning, so winter is starting to lurk. :( It seems like it never really left, this year. I do enjoy the cozy evenings on the sunporch with the fireplace blazing, though.

This morning I have the usual housecleaning, and I have a car load of baby furniture that I want to drop off at the homeless shelter before I head off to work. The girls have piano after school, and I'll be supervising homework, supper and baths, as Cindy is attending a conference and I'll have to wait until Richard gets home. So it's looking to be a late night.

Yikes, my mug is empty! Time to refuel! :coffee2:

What's on your plate for today?

Ruthxxx 10-12-2009 06:46 AM

Good morning! I slept until nearly six this morning and so did Jazz! I think I've found the solution. I left the little electric heater running in the back room last night and I think it was more cozy for them. There is no heat out there unless I use the woodstove or the heater and I think he's been waking up cold. I sure hope I've solved that problem.

We had a killing frost last night so I will need to haul out geraniums, summer bulbs and begonias this morning and bring them in for winter storage. Yikes! I just said the W-word! I also need to drive up to the Church and retrieve a load of squash and pumpkins that I used for decorations.

My cousin Cathy and her DD are coming in for coffee today on their way back to Montreal and that should be "it" as far as socializing goes. I need a day to just be a hermit - and start my new book for Book Club! It'll be a simple healthy food and water day. I am so "over" turkey and all the trimmings!

Hope you have a great Monday whether it's T-Day, C-Day of just M-Day! :cofdate:

femmecreole 10-12-2009 07:23 AM

Morning all!
It is so hot here, it's hard to imagine frost!!! It's just 6 and it's already 70 something degrees. It is suppose to continue raining all week and will cool down for the weekend and get dry.

Ended up skipping the gym this morning. Felt kind of fevery and icky, but have to go to work anyway. Feeling better now, but hate when I don't get to the gym before a long hard day ahead.

Have a great week everyone!

CyndiM 10-12-2009 08:00 AM

Good morning :coffee2: It's nice to be back :)

Cottage - Hope you found more coffee. Sounds like a busy day for you.

Ruth - Hooray for sleeping dogs :) What is your book club reading?

Cat - Hope you feel better.

Well we never had a frost but we did get a freeze last night. Today I will run out to the farm markets and look for deals on produce picked before the frost :) I'm also planning pumpkin leathers and dried apples after making applesauce, and all the usual weekend cooking and chores.

My weight is moving back down slowly but surely and my eating is feeling more under control though not totally. I'm audiobooking Rethinking Thin and find it both frustrating and really affirming. No real news there - maintenance remains an uphill battle for those who have been obese for years. However my recent MRI also really reaffirms how much I need to win this war. Cute clothes are great but mobility is kind of important. Hmm, maybe instead of a fat picture I should hang my MRI results on the fridge. Might be just the smack upside the head I need some days.

Time to get the winter coats out of storage. I might want one this morning!

TwynnB 10-12-2009 08:04 AM

Good morning chicks!!

Cottage - ohhh, you reminded me...we have a wood burning fireplace at out new house, the DH has to get some wood. I can't wait!! Everyone keeps saying its going to be a longer, colder winter, I'm kinda hoping they're wrong. (a few clients had said the acorns are dropping like mad, which is always a sign...)

Ruth - Happy Thanksgiving!! Enjoy your book!

Cat - Glad you're feeling better. I wish I'm motivated to get up every morning and work out...but I'm not!! The pup will get me out on a morning walk though :D.

Me - Work...I'm working on an ADORABLE stray that I want for myself! It's a kitten, that despite having an eye that needs to come out, is purring and making happy paws at a whole 1.3 lbs. He's adorable!! THen off to meet the kitchen guy (another estimate) and see his ideas. I doubt I'd get the pup today, I may try calling (if you didn't read the weekend notes, I found a puppy for the family!). We've got the crate and everything set up for her!

Have a great beachy day!

OH! And I've got a hugggggee batch of ham and bean soup if anyone would like to come over for a bowl! With homemade whole wheat sweet potato muffins!!

Schmoodle 10-12-2009 08:18 AM

Good Monday morning chicks. I do not have today off, but it'll be quiet, as all my govt customers are off. I've got a ton of work to do before they return tomorrow though, so I'll be busy enough.
I love October, my favorite time of year, and we are getting some gorgeous weather so far. I just wish it wasn't always so crazy-busy at this time of year, but it's mostly good stuff, so I shouldn't complain. I went to my annual Colorfest weekend with my old friends from Annapolis. We do the festival Saturday, then get hotel rooms and make a weekend of it, with some outlet shopping on Sunday. Always fun! DH and I are trading weekends, so he promised not to complain about me going away again so soon, and he will go to the Annapolis Boat show this weekend without me complaining (not that I would anyway...). This coming weekend is DS's 13th birthday and I've got to pull a party together for that. We're getting ready for DH's departure sometime soon, no definite date yet, but I want to get the house addition started after Christmas, so we're meeting with architects and contractors, trying to get the details settled, so I can carry on while he's away.

I did very well sticking on plan last week, but indulged some over the weekend, so back to the grind today. I've got the most giant spaghetti squash in the oven right now, so maybe an Italian Pie for dinner tonight.

Good morning ladies, stay warm and have a productive day!
Cat. sounds like you are quite the gym rat these days. Seems like I remember you were not a big fan of exercise either, in the olden days. I'm always encouraged when I see somebody make exercise part of their regular routine.

Lexxiss 10-12-2009 09:12 AM

Good Morning Chicas:sunny:

Geez, I don't realize how much I enjoy my early mornings until I miss one. I did a split shift last night 7 hrs sleep with 2 up in the middle:?: Oh, well.

Cottage, your sunporch sounds marvelous. I miss those evening fires. Sounds like a long Monday. I used to go to work at 4pm and really enjoyed having 2 whole days.

Ruth, I am so glad to hear you got to sleep in this morning. Hopefully, you've found the key. It makes sense since Jazz has only been doing this since it's gotten cooler. Enjoy your day at home with the exception of the squash shuttle.

Cat, sorry no gym today. I hope you get to feeling better. I am a huge fan of routines. Mine is off right now, and I so want to get back to regular life.

Cyndi, wish I could meet up with you at the market. I'd love to get a bunch of extra produce. Pumpkin leather sounds good. I think I'll make some this week. How do you store it? I have moments where I think about maintaining and how it's still about vigilance. You are doing great!

Hi Twynn. The new kitten sounds adorable. When DH and I met, he called my house the "shelter", sounds like you are on the way. Your soup sounds fab, and the muffins delectable.

Schmoodle, great to hear from you. You must have a degree in planning-your week sounds crazy to me, but very organized. Good job staying OP, and enjoy your Italian Pie.

Me, going to Denver with Mom for a Dr appt. I'll get some needed shopping done while she is in and out but first I need to complete the pick up here. DH wants to leave tonight after I get back-he's decided that having lunch with the ex isn't sounding exciting, sooo....I guess I'd better get packed up, too.(I actually wasn't too excited, either) The good news with that is I get back to my exercise routine which I very much enjoy.

OK, Up and At 'Em! Have a great OP day everyone. I'll check in later. :wave: :wave: to all of you showing up later.

sophie 10-12-2009 09:44 AM

good morning

Cottage - thanks for the explanation about my weight gain eating saurekraut, I haven't weighted myself yet. Sunporch with a fire blazing sounds so great.

Ruth - hope you get a hermit day today.

Femme - send some warm weather this way, please.

Cyndi - it must be wonderful to have all the food you prepare for the winter. I love that feeling of having reserves in my pantry.

Twynn - Hope you get that puppy soon, the kids must be looking forward to getting him/her.

Schmoodles - you are one busy lady. Enjoy your weekends away from home.

Debbie - I guess it will be nice to settle in for the winter, all that moving around must keep you very organized.

me - had my TG dinner last night, I am very unconventional when it comes to TG. We had a roasted leg of lamb and I took out some frozen cup cakes for my DS and his girlfriend. DH is going for a physical on Wed. and there is no need to get the dr. excited because his sugars are normal but maybe higher that she wants them. Today I deal with the jalopenos.
Have a nice day chickies
take care
Sophie

KO 10-12-2009 09:55 AM

Morning Ladies:
I'm havign Allergy fest but as per my new Restarted Detox regime was up at 5:30 to get my sweat on.
Sophie I LOVE LAMB! Happy Thanksgiving
Debbie Hope Everything goes well with Mom!
SChmoo Glad you had a good weekend! Do you slice the Spag Squash for the oven or do it whole like the micro
Twynn Happy Paws I love it!! If I could I'd be there for dinner. Your kitten sounds lovely. one of our boys does HP standing up the other does them in the air on his back
Cyn Mobility is a Big Motivator. . .let us know how the book goes
Cat 70! I'm jealous!
Ruth Happy Thanksgiving I'm thankful you found a solution for you and Jazz
Hi Linda!!
Kier

gothik butterfly 10-12-2009 11:38 AM

good morning, beachers!

I know most people think of Wisconsin as beer, brats, cheese (heads) and snow... but uh, we don't normally have snow in OCTOBER. At least not south-west Wisconsin! And you guessed it.. it's SNOWING.

If it doesn't warm back up... if we end up with 6-7 months of snow... (often the past 15 years it hasn't snowed until December) I don't know what I'll do with myself. February is always my worst month for my depressive symptoms because of the lack of sun and excess of snow. If I'm that way by the end of December... ugh.

On a positive note, the snow is pretty and it's not sticking :P I'm on plan... 3 days (including today) on phase 1 to go... then HONEYCRISPS HERE I COME! lol

Today will be more job searching... and applying for positions I can PROBABLY get even though I don't really want them. With the unemployment coming in I was trying to hold out for something I really want... but alas, time is closing in and I must find SOMEthing in this economy. On the plus side, I'll be able to afford my food easier and also the gym membership I want so I can start ZUMBA!

Happy day! :)

Chelby29 10-12-2009 03:14 PM

Hi Everyone!

We're back. When we left the beach this morning, it was 82 degrees and heading higher. It was in the low 90s and perfect the whole time we were there. When we got back to Birmingham this afternoon, it was 65 degrees and temperatures falling. Sheeesh! It's cool in the house! I better get ready for fall. We'll exchange Christmas presents with my family in Louisiana on Thanksgiving. I have just over a month to shop! That's scary, isn't it!?!?

Back to work tomorrow, and I have lots of laundry to do! See you guys later. :)

Pearlrose 10-12-2009 04:37 PM

Hello,

I tried to post earlier but way too busy. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day. Another clean day of eating whewhoo.

Have a great evening

KO 10-12-2009 09:22 PM

I just spent a good chunk of the Afternoon and evening in the ER. I have cellulitis. so its feet up and aside from an egg roll a pretty OP dinner of chicken with Black bean sauce
I'm going to take more antibiotics and a pain killer and veg into oblivion

gothik butterfly 10-12-2009 09:29 PM

I have no idea what cellulitis is.. but if you were in the ER it sounds not good.

hope you feel better soon.

cottagebythesea 10-12-2009 09:46 PM

Kieran, that's terrible! Make sure you follow Dr.'s orders and take care! I hope you feel better real soon! :hug: