New member of our Family

• Here is our new guy.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=9f583b55a5

Technically a foster, he's spent his first night with us. He's a 5 yr old Cocker Spaniel who miraculously was surrendered by his owner to a local rescue group yesterday.

When we went to meet him he was pretty dirty. We didn't know the whole story until he got in the car to go home. He absolutely reeked! He had to have a bath before he could set foot in the house. We had to drive the 5 miles home with all the windows rolled down!

Once bathed, he was ready to check out the new digs. He did quite well last night, falling asleep on our bed....next step is naming him. We'll find out more about his history today...what his name was...and if it's one we'll keep.

We're very greatful to have found such a sweet guy and happy to know it's heaven on earth for him from this day forward.
  • What a cutie!
    And what a blessing to him your family is.

Congratulations!
  • Thanks, Heidi.

We lost our 12 year old, Lexxiss, to cancer on Sept 22, so this guy is EXTRA special.
  • Poor laddie! He must think he's in heaven. I hope his name is a keeper. It must be confusing to have a name change but they do adjust.
  • He is so cute. Thanks Debbie! What a great way to wake up.
  • Congratulations, Debbie! What a cutie!
    I hope he realizes that he just won the doggie lottery! He's a very lucky, fortunate dog, and I wish you all much happiness together.
  • He is SO handsome! Congratulations!
  • I had to look! He's GORGEOUS!
  • awwwww-what a lil cutie! i'm sure he's a real comfort and a blessing (as previously mentioned) )
  • aawwww he is ADORABLE!!!!!!
  • We made it through our first day. We're calling him Bing right now. We're still waiting for more info from the rescue group. He has a new collar with cherries on it. He's very sporty!
  • Debbie, you know how I feel about cockers! What a cutie! He's a lucky dog!
  • Awwww, he's absolutely adorable!