A few "is it allowed" questions.

• 1) When it comes to salad dressings it just making sure you have less then 3gs sugar per 2tbsp right? So, ranch and caesar dressings if they follow this rule are fine?

2) Where does the jury stand on artificial/fake bacon bits (for like caesar salad)? Do they count as a spice? It it even worth worrying about due to the amount?
  • 8675309!
    The answer is "yes" to your first question, but I'm not sure about the artificial bacon bits question, since I don't use them. Read the ingredients label to make sure there isn't anything in there we aren't supposed to have. SBD is about avoiding added chemicals, high fructose corn syrup, and other junk.
  • Hi 8675409 and to the Beach

I make a BLT salad that I really enjoy. I cook turkey bacon and chop it into small bits. It just happens the brand I buy, Louis Rich, says South Beach recommended on the label.

I like to make sure my salad dressings use a healthy oil, and I dilute them a bit with soy milk.

We'd love it if you'd join us on the daily thread and there is a Phase 1 thread, as well.

Best Wishes!

ETA-I want to call you Jenny. I have the song playing in my head