South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 11-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default SBD Book -- new one, what did you think?

I've been using my original SBD book (the original blue one). I've just ordered the new version -- has anyone compared the two? Is it worth it? I'm hoping. What new stuff is in there?

Thanks!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have both books. The new one has added more foods and also stresses exercise - interval training specifically. One of these days, I'll sit down and compare the two. If I weighed my stack of diet books, I bet they'd weigh as much as I need to lose!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

have both books, too as well as the good fats, good carbs guidebooks.
agree with ruth-new one is full of exercise, updated foodlists and more yummy recipes!
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I have both books, too. I always use the "Supercharged" version as my reference for the specifics of allowed foods on P1 and P2, since I know there have been changes.

"Supercharged" has a much more indepth discussion about our health in general, and I like the chapter about belly fat (which I have alot of.)

On the other hand, the original book has a chapter titled "Why Do People Occasionally Fail on This Diet?" which I think is a must read-especially now that I'm 6 months in and am experiencing slower weight loss.

So, hands up, for a serious "Beacher" I think both books are invaluable. I found the old version at a thrift store several months ago.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote