South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #1  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Default Protein: Is there a minimum?

So, In the outline it says there isn't a max you can eat when it comes to protein and gives you a min for veggies. So, my question is, is there a min for protein?

For example, if I wanted to make a salad for lunch big on the veggies and then with feta cheese or another cheese and no meat would that be south beach appropriate? (I'm not a big meat eater!)
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

While there's no stated minimum for servings of protein I know of, I think if you don't get enough, you're setting yourself up for hunger. Adequate protein will help you stay full as well as getting proper nutrition. You can also get protein from milk and yogurt (Greek yogurt is highest in protein) and from the daily nut servings, as well as beans. Some find if they eat a lot of cheese servings that their weight loss is slower (due to the higher fat content). Just using one serving of feta on your salad will probably not be filling enough. Do you like beans? Cottage cheese? Boiled or deviled eggs are also great in a salad.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #3  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so much!

Eeeps! I guess I'll be avoiding cheese (not completely, but I'll be making it a way smaller part of my plan). I'll just incorporate a serving of fish into lunch .
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Sounds like a plan. I take the foil packs of tuna or salmon (3 oz. I think) to work and top my salad with them. I also add kidney beans or a piece of cheese or a boiled egg to that and I'm full for hours afterwards.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote