South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Whew! It's the Weekend!

Good Saturday morning! I'm sipping a huge coffee from my pretty cafe au lait cup and have both dogs sleeping on my feet. They use my slippers as pillows even when I'm not wearing them.

Cold here this morning at 41ºF but it IS sunny. This morning I go to the antique quilt show at the Lyndhurst Turkey Fair and this afternoon do two shifts at the Church and Bob's house for "Doors Open". That'll fill the day although I do hope to sneak in some sewing time.

Paul and elves will be here today doing more work on the addition. Today is quarter round and bathroom floor day. This sure has gone on a long time! It started the last Monday in July. This winter I will be replacing my kitchen floor and having some of my hardwood floors restored but I sure hope for a few months of silence in between.

Hope your Saturday is full of fun things.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Sounds like a marvelous day, Ruth. I'm working as hard as I can to finish up the details...Pooch Parade today!!!!

I'll visit later. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning all! It's supposed to be a spectacular weather weekend here, and we're making the most of it!

Monica, Eric and Carley came over last night to spend the night, and we stayed up late playing cards and drinking wine. We're having a slow start this morning, but once everyone is up, we're going to Shady Maple PA Dutch Smorgasbord for breakfast, then spending the rest of the day at the PA Renaissance Faire.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:09 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Debbie, if you can, please post Pooch Parade pictures.

Sounds like we have fun things planned this weekend. Nice!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:22 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - An antique quilt show sounds interesting. Hope the elves get lots done while you are away

Debbie - I second the request for pics! Hope everything goes off without a hitch and you get to have some fun mixed in with the work

Cottage - Sounds like a lovely family weekend. Enjoy the Ren Faire.

We are off for a day of hawk watching. The conditions are absolutely perfect and it's the height of broadwing migration. Should be a fun afternoon, once I get the dehydrator refilled

Hope you are enjoying a perfect fall day wherever you are (and whatever counts as fall - yes, you Chelby )
Old 09-19-2009, 07:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday!

Ruth, Sparkit doesn't sleep on slippers, but he's ripped Auston's bear slipper to shreds. Good thing he's cute.

Debbie, I hope you have a great day! Will Lexxiss go, too? I have a great wagon she could ride in.

Cottage, Cards and wine with family sounds like a perfect Friday night. Perfect!

Cyndi, It is fall. It's only in the high 80s now. The day after Labor Day, one of my coworkers wore a sweater and corduroy pants. She lost her mind! I wore my white cropped pants just to go against the grain.

Auston is going with his cousin to the County Fair today. Jeff and I are going south of town to look at another Tahoe. We're becoming professional car shoppers. This one seems like a great buy -- but they all have over the internet.

We have something worse in the house than a mouse. We have a dead mouse. Jeff has pulled out the fridge and the stove. We haven't found it yet. It's really, really bad.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chelby I packed all my capris and tank tops yesterday. Now it's sweater season
Good luck with that mouse. That's why I never poison the little buggers. They love to die inside the walls.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #8  

Ruth - Sounds like a wonderful day! Don't do too much though. Try to relax some.

Debbie - I'd love to see some Pooch Parade pictures!

cottage - I love the Ren faire. Ours is in May and I'm usually buried in getting ready for Twilight Camp so I haven't made it in years but I do enjoy it.

Cyndi - It doesn't feel like Fall but at least it isn't raining this weekend so I am happy. 8 straight days of rain was WAY too much! Have a wonderful weekend.

chelby - I just switched to capris this morning. I probably will have a few more days for shorts but it seemed like capris made more sense.

Don ended up working late so we didn't get together last night. I've got a few errands I need to do today but I'm trying to find something to do tonight. It's hard to meet people when you've been married as long as I have. Everyone I know has young kids and doesn't want to just hang out and catch a movie.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #9  

Cyndi, We don't use poison either, mostly because of our 5 year old. We use old fashioned snap traps. But something met it's maker in my house and STINKS!

We are the proud new owners of a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. I love the truck. Jeff loved the price. Everyone is happy. I'm so excited! My minivan driving days are over! Woohooo!!! I'll post pictures soon.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Waiting for DH to get back from back to back Firecall #2 then he's going to work on antennas and I'll write some articles while he works outside.
Ruth woman The Quilt Show sounds Fun My Shihtzu (ok Mom's Shihtzu) Murph Loves to sit on feet. . .Turns out Shihtzus were bred to keep Emperors feet warm!
Cottage So glad you had a good night Today is the perfect day for Smorg and renfair!!
Debbie I need Pooch Pics!! Sounds like a beautiful perfect day
Cyn My summer stuff is almost away do you take pics hawk watching? I'd love to see some!!
Chelb!! I'm going to call you Hotwheels! Congrats on the new Ride! Hope you find the rodent soon!
Barb we have the same problem most ppl we know have little kids and/or are to busy to just hang out. Some times they want to do guys/girls night but still it's hard to find available peeps! if we were in TX you would definitely have movie company!!

Me I had the Beep scared out of me last night! DH was at work deploying b/c his login whosee stopped functioning. I did some newsletter stuff and fell asleep on the couch and awoke to someone trying to get in my door! at 2:30 and 2:45. So I called the cops and they came but I wasnt calm again till DH came home.
Speakign of which he just came in so I better get my arse in gear
SATURDAY!!!!
Kierie
Old 09-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #11  

Kier, I know how scared you were. That happened to me once when I was single and lived alone. I lived way out in the country -- closest neighbor about 1/2 mile away. I called the neighbor, then grabbed my shotgun. I couldn't get it loaded in the dark, and didn't want to turn on the light. It was terrifying. The guy left when he heard my neighbor's dually charging up the driveway. I hope your hubby is at home for you to cuddle up with tonight.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #12  

Good day everyone.

I'm doing well with sticking to my plan. I'm so glad for willpower and pre-planning. I'll be home alone most of the evening so I won't cook anything big. Dinner for 1 is a great relief sometimes.

May you all continue to have a wonderful weekend.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

Read all your goings on. Too tired to type. I just got home. We had a very successful day fund raising. I took my camera and didn't take one single shot, I ran my a** off all day. We have someone who photographs for us, so
I'll post the website.

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:09 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Just read back and am very glad I locked all my doors last night! This is a really quiet village most of the time but there was a dance at the Legion last night and there were a few rowdies out there when it ended at one.

Off to Church shortly and then a big day ahead when I pack up the rest of diningroom silver, china and glass. Dana is going to paint when I'm away and there is no way he can move the buffet and one China cabinet when they are full of heavy and fragile stuff! After that I will do some garden clean-up and pick the remaining tomatoes and zucchini. I can't believe how much two zucchini seeds produced! The beans are still producing - if the cold didn't get them last night.

May your Sunday be serene with puddles of rest.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Sunday morning!

We had a great time at the Faire yesterday, and ended up spending the entire day there. There is also a winery at the site, and we had fun sampling at least 8 varieties before buying several bottles. It's nice to know that our own local winery has some really great wine!

Today we have lots of chores after playing all day yesterday. We're finally going to get the pool closed, among other things. First, though, I have to run out for some groceries so Jake will be set while I"m away. I know my son and daughter-in-law and the grandkids will be here for supper later, too, so have to come up with a plan. I'm going to make the Spaghetti Squash Deep-Dish Italian Pie for myself, and so I'll have yummy leftovers for lunches.
Closed Thread