3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Recipe ideas for a group (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/181890-recipe-ideas-group.html)

Col8704 09-16-2009 10:03 AM

Recipe ideas for a group

I was hoping someone might be able to suggest a great SBD recipe that i can make tonight for a group of 8. I have a bunch of family visiting and it is my turn to cook. any ideas for something cheap, easy and tasty would be great!!!

Ruthxxx 09-16-2009 10:35 AM

Taco bake is great as a full meal. You could serve it with a tossed salad and taco chips for those not on Phase I. I like mine over shredded cabbage.

I often make the Salsa Chicken for a group as well and serve it with a 3-bean salad and a green veggie of some sort. It's always a hit and perfectly OP. I sometimes do rice for the carb eaters.

Barb0522 09-16-2009 12:35 PM

I'll often make lasagne using whole wheat noodles and reduced fat ricotta and mozzarella. I use very lean meat and will often add spinach and zucchini. It depends on the audience as to whether I mix the meat and veggies through the whole lasagne or do half meat and half veggies. You can add a nice salad to go along with it.

obnurseonsb 09-20-2009 01:20 PM

Hope your dinner turned out well!

We recently did a slow cooked sirloin roast. We trimmed extra fat off of it, seared it in a hot pan 1st....and then put just a touch of low fat, low sodium beef broth in the slow cooker. Turned out amazing. Cooked it all night long.

We served it up with a ton of veggies. ANd for left overs.....we put in on mashed cauliflower. We still served rolls, etc for dinner for our non SB guests.

No one went home hungry, and we were satisfied too!

Chelby29 09-20-2009 03:25 PM

OBNurse, That sounds GREAT!

BTW, I'm still mad at the OB nurse who mashed on my belly after a c-section -- 5 years ago. :lol: I have fond memories of the other OB nurses. ;)

obnurseonsb 09-20-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelby29 (Post 2934195)
OBNurse, That sounds GREAT!

BTW, I'm still mad at the OB nurse who mashed on my belly after a c-section -- 5 years ago. :lol: I have fond memories of the other OB nurses. ;)

I remember that from when I worked in Labor and Delivery.....hated doing it to people, but it was part of the job. Now that I work in the clinic, I can avoid that kind of fun stuff. :)

june65 09-20-2009 09:08 PM

hope your dinner party went well.
I would serve a huge pot of chilli, you could serve several sides like chopped onion, grated cheese, corn bread for our non south beach friends.
whole wheat rolls, hope this helps.

Chelby29 09-20-2009 09:45 PM

June, Chili is one of my group favorites, too.

TIARA 09-24-2009 11:43 PM

i reall y enjoy spinach stuffed salmon fillets or pan roasted steak and onions

Meg 09-25-2009 08:21 AM

Don't know if your problem is solved but we do have tons of recipes in that section.