What is your favorite dinner on Phase 1?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • There are so many to choose from....I think my favorite is the Mexican Chicken Casserole. I add refried beans to it(I use the same technique that is used in Taco Bake).
  • I have two favorites -- spaghetti squash pizza and chili.
  • We are just getting started on Phase I so I am looking forward to hearing all of your suggestions!
  • Here are my favorites. I save them for Phase 1 so that I'm excited to eat them, but I'd gladly eat them at any other time!

Taco Bake
    Chicken Divan
    White Chili

I also really love the Chicken and Eggplant Casserole recipe that's in the South Beach Cookbook.
  • My favorite is the Spaghetti Squash Deep Dish Italian Pie. And my favorite soup recipe is the Fireside White Bean and Sausage Soup.
  • Taco Bake, Stuffed peppers, Sauteed Chicken with lots of veggies, Chili
  • My all time favorite is Taco Bake because it's easy, tasty and has lots of variations. Now that I've tried the cauliflower mashed potatoes, I'd add roast chicken and a nice salad and be very happy.
  • Quote: I have two favorites -- spaghetti squash pizza and chili.
    where can I find the pizza recipe, and is it Phase 1?
  • KDHW, here's the recipe:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...alian-pie.html
  • My favorite Phase 1 dinner is taco salad. I usually have a taco bar so everyone can have at it with all their favorite toppings. The toppings range from sour cream to jalapenos. Since shells aren't allowed, I have it at it but with romaine lettuce or even spinach. In Phase 2, I still have this but sometimes I'll have it with whole wheat tortilla shells.
  • Taco Bake and these

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/side...mushrooms.html

with grilled swordfish or halibut and a side salad.
  • a very lean grilled steak, or turkey cutlet. Cauliflower mashed, sauteed veggies...plus a glass of low cal SF fruit drink. I love that I can still have a bit of red meat, as long as it is lean.

My bf is a total steak and potatoes guy, so this is a HUGE success with him.

My other fave is just stir frying a bunch of veggies and meat, light seasonings, and eating that. It is almost hard to realize how amazing stir fry can be when there is no egg roll, or fried rice on the side.
  • [QUOTE=murphmitch;2931568]KDHW, here's the recipe:

sphaghetti squash deep dish pie (they made me take out the link!)

wow....I am sorry I missed this recipe when I was on phase one. I am definitely eating this in phase 2! Sounds a lot like the spaghetti pie my bf and I have been craving. We even have a spaghetti squash right now....was not sure what to do with it!

Anyone have any good phase 1 or 2 recipes for chicken pot pie....or something that is similar?
  • Quote: a very lean grilled steak, or turkey cutlet. Cauliflower mashed, sauteed veggies...plus a glass of low cal SF fruit drink. I love that I can still have a bit of red meat, as long as it is lean.

My bf is a total steak and potatoes guy, so this is a HUGE success with him.
    If you like steak, I love the marinade in this recipe. I use it often and it keeps the meat very moist and flavorful. I use it with sirloin, but you could use it with just about any meat.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...ase-1-2-a.html
  • Quote: KDHW, here's the recipe:

spaghetti-squash-deep-dish-italian-pie
    thank you so much.....I made it tonight and it was FANTASTIC

anyone have a carb/fiber count per serving?