South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Phase 1 September starters

This thread is for those of you who are on Phase 1, to share your progress and concerns. Good luck, everyone!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #2  

Just popping in to wish all of you Phase 1 Starters the best of luck! Know that you CAN do this!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Day 5, Phase 1. One of my biggest challenges has always been staying on plan during the weekend. I undo a whole week's worth of 'goodness' in two days! My goal this weekend is staying on plan! So far, so good. No peach wine on my Friday night. Yay me!

ETA: Plain yogurt mixed with SF maple syrup topped with toasted almonds for breakfast. I really do love this WOE. mmmmmm!

Last edited by Chelby29; 09-12-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 314/314/175

Height: 5'8

Default Phase I Day 2

I'm only on day 2 but so far, this is the longest I've stuck with a WOE for the last 15 years at least. I was good on Saturday and did all my shopping and cooking for the next two weeks so it's all ready for me to just pop out of the freezer and heat. So far, it hasn't been bad and I'm trying really hard to stay on plan.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #5  

Highway, Good job planning! That is the key to success! Introduce yourself on the daily thread. You'll get lots of support here.

BTW, Nice to meet you!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I guess I'm unofficially doing phase I, didn't realize it til now that I did good today!

B: 2 eggs with pinto (out of black beans! OH NO!!) beans, cheese and salsa
S: those cute little colored peppers
L: lentil and smoked sausage soup
S: cottage cheese, few cashews cuz I was starvin'!
D: grilled pork tenderloin, basic salad, asparagus, and deviled eggs

Exercise: 3.5 mi run

I get a kick out of counting how many different veggies, esp. when I have my soups! Today, I had: 9. I think.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #7  

Highwaywoman! We're happy to have you joining us here on The Beach and are looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Highwaywoman and

I hope to get to know you better here at the beach.

I'm really happy following SB. I think the single most important factor in helping me stay on track is 3FC. I like to post all over the site, but I have gotten to know the gals here and let them get to know me. The accountability is great. I post every single day and if there's a problem I let them know. If I wander for a meal or 2, I just get back on track.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Default SBD & 3FC First Timer

Hi all! I am a 31 year old wife and mother of 2 and, although I have tried other diets in the past, this is the first time that I have tried the South Beach Diet and I am SUPER excited about it! DH has a physical a couple of weeks ago and was told he has VERY high cholesterol. The Dr. suggested SBD so...here we are! This is the first time DH has been on board with the whole "diet thing" so I think this time, everything is going to work out perfectly I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning everything I can about the SBD.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Col8704 and

Best wishes on your SB journey. This is a great group and I'm excited you're jumping right in. Thanks for posting your Bio. I, too, love dogs, Law & Order, and Pizza. I have some healthy suggestions for pizza but that can wait until P2.
What has helped me the most is posting every day, asking questions, putting problems out on the table and reading old threads!

Best Wishes! I see you've already lost alot of weight. I put my starting weight on my profile. It helps me to have perspective on how far I've come since my start.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #11  

to The Beach, Col! If you haven't already done so, please get a copy of the book and read it thoroughly before starting this plan. You will gain insight on the fundamentals of this way of eating and how it works.
We are happy to have you and your DH on board, and look forward to hearing about your success.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #12  

Hi Col, Your hubby being on board is the best! Phase 1 spaghetti squash pizza is wonderful! Welcome to the Beach!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/195/140

Thanks everybody! DH and I are both super excited. Now I just have to learn to love salad
Old 09-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #14  

Welcome, Col! Actually you don't need to learn to love salad. I hardly ever eat salad. There are so many wonderful vegetables that you can fix and most are much higher in nutrients than the average salad. If you do eat salad you will want to make sure you add lots of veggies to it and use greens that are higher in nutrition than iceberg.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #15  
Beach Babe in Training

S/C/G: 185.8/180.2/145

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome to the beach, gals!!

Good advise posted here already -- plan, plan, plan, and then plan some more! Definitely read the book, from cover to cover. Have fun experimenting with some veggies and recipes that may seem new to you. I never thought I'd say I love spaghetti squash, but I DO!! Need to check out that pizza recipe...... hmmm.....

If I have things on hand, ready to go in the frig or pantry, I have not been tempted to eat off plan. I'm even able to maintain this WOE with also feeding the family their "regular" stuff. I'll slowly tweak all our fave recipes to make them SB friendly.

I've been kind of stalled for a couple of weeks with the weight loss -- TOM and then I've not been able to exercise due to an injury. But I'm still on plan, hanging in there! I know this is a lifestyle change, not just a diet.

So hang in there and good luck and welcome to the beach!!
Closed Thread