What's for Autumn Dinner?

You're on Page 1 of 16
Go to
  • Our summer dinner thread had lots of ideas but it's time to start the shift to fall meals.

For dinner tonight I plan Salsa Chicken from our Phase I recipes, yellow and green beans, sliced tomatoes and a Quinoa Pilaf from our recipes. Thanks Schmoodle! Wish me luck!
  • I'm thinking of making a delicious beef stew with sweet potato chunks. Also my husband was telling me about a recipe for pumpkin soup which is very, very autumny! Plus I read some recipe for pork chops with apples or something like that. I will gather aforementioned recipes and post. Mmm, fall food! Yum.
  • I'm determined to make an appearance in onederland, so I'm going back to P1.5. My favorite P1 dinner, Taco Bake will highlight our evening.
  • Soup!!!!!!
  • I made that cabbage patch stew, it was surprisingly yummy!! Had with WW rolls . YUM! (AND, my kids ate it!!)
  • Tonight is broiled salmon with asparagus (I'm not sure how I'm going to season it) and blackeye peas.
  • Navy bean soup. Yum!
  • Tonight I had leftover shrimp stir fry.
  • I was telling my roommate that next week I want to cook soup and some chili. She was rather incredulous, but then again, it is still over 90 degrees here in So. Cal. But still, I am CRAVING FALL FOODS!! Cannot wait for cooler weather!
  • All of the chili talk last week got me, so I've got a batch in the crockpot today. I'm going to add lots of zucchini and eggplant to it.

I made a spinach-bean dip over the weekend that was very yummy. Took it to a friend's for dinner and it was a big hit - I'll post it later. I liked that it had no dairy in it.
  • Didn't get to the pilaf yesterday so will make it today and add leftover chicken and some mushrooms. I'll have it with tomatoes of course and some more green and yellow beans.
  • sauteed Italian peppers with onions,& garlic served with veggie sausage
  • Wednesday: We're both really busy tonight, so I'm reheating a WW pasta, FF ricotta/tomato casserole I made in the past and froze.
    Thursday: Turkey breast, roasted, with Quinoa Stuffing with Leeks, Walnuts, and Cherries and frozen veggies
    Friday: Potato-Leek Chowder (doesn't need much changing...although you can use sweet potatoes if you've already had your once a month regular potatoes, and you can sub squash puree for the cream-style corn)--love that this is made with cauliflower for extra chunkiness!
  • I had a gigantic veggie and green salad, and a side of poached chicken. Very basic, but satisfying. SF pudding for dessert.
  • The rest of the family had tacos, while I had taco salad. Yum!!