South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-01-2009, 06:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I - August

This is the place for Phase I starters and re-starters to post menus and questions and give and get support both from each other and our experienced Beachers!

Here's the link to the July thread.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

morning chicas-hope ur weekends are looking good and you feel totally OP!!!

p1.day 8. baaaad case of pms. wanna stuff my face w/hotbrownies but it's all in my head
harnessing my hormonal insanity to hausputz&exercise.

wish me luck!!!

janet

Last edited by jandaman; 08-01-2009 at 07:04 AM.
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Janet

Good Luck!!!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #4  
Beach Babe in Training

S/C/G: 185.8/180.2/145

Height: 5' 9"

Make it a great day, Janet -- good luck!
CindieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Pregnant, due 5/30/10.

Height: 5'9

I'm Phase 1 day 13!!! Feeling great too. The cravings are close to non-existent. Sometimes I'll want something, but I feel like I truly want just a taste rather than the whole thing...because I know the whole thing would make me feel sick and send me right back to square one. It doesn't even sound good.

I think I will extend P1 to 15 days to make up for a few slips I had throughout the first part of the phase. Then, the day I begin phase 2, I will have a major challenge on my plate - a tour of a gourmet, locally-owned chocolate company! They have amazing tours of their kitchens and I am taking some out-of-town friends to experience this. Luckily, they make delicious dark chocolate, and I will just enjoy a bite of that, saying no to the other samples of sweets they send around. I will have a great helper with me - my toddler son - and I just plan on giving him the samples I can't (or don't want to) have!

I am trying to decide what to introduce into my diet in P2. I think I will just start with cherries in the evening for a few days and see how that goes. I am excited to add the bread but I want to ease in to that too. Last time I went into it a little too quickly.

And I am marking down another pound lost today - I figure if I don't see a certain number for 3 days then it's a pound long gone! That makes for 7 pounds lost in phase 1, at least - maybe even 8 when all is said and done. That is a huge accomplishment for me and is fueling me to keep at this!! Good luck to all you p1 ladies this August.
kleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Janet, I hope you were able to stay on track today PMS is tough!! I find great encouragement from reading others' success stories and reminding myself that:
a) I can have any of that stuff later in moderation after I've gotten things under control
and
b) This is a long-term plan that I have to be faithful to so I can get the most benefit from it.

Great job, Kleo!

Today was day 6 of P1, and it was great! Hubby and son wanted to go bowling and do some family stuff together, so I packed some cilantro chicken salad (chicken breast, onion, celery w/ a tad of the cilantro mayo from the SB book) over about 1.5C of lettuce, a couple of cheese sticks and a single serving of almonds to take with us. They wanted to eat at Weinerschnitzel, and I was prepared. I don't like hot dogs, but I DO love those pretzel buns. It has been easier than I expected to say "no" to things, but I do have to resist. At the bowling alley today, the popcorn smelled so good, and though I'm not usually a big drinker, the lady next to me had a beer that looked really yummy.

All in all, though, I feel great, and am proud to have another successful day under my belt.
jrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #7  
~jus' being me~

I start P1 tmro. I did 2 days last week and loved how I felt. Am at my parents for the wkend and just making a list of some extras I need for Monday.

Am not weighing at the mo due to pms but am hoping to be down 3 to 4 kg from my last weigh in by the end of August.

Looking forward to the 2 week kickstart. Have been missing having some structure!

Last edited by Madison; 08-01-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #8  
Addicted to Music

S/C/G: 265/261/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi, all. I would like to join in, if possible. I started today and am hoping to get through phase I before I start teaching school.
cheribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi all.... sad to say.. restart AGAIN day 1 Sunday. I'm so off track this time around, i'm finding it really hard to take control. I'll get there, I really have to get my mind in the right set. Anyway, pms.. is the WORST time for me and cravings. I crave chocolate and sauce big time. I can do the sauce but no sugar added fudge bars just don't seem to cut it.. i'm looking for an alternative since PMS is here right now. I'm up way to late tonight.. must head to bed and get ready to grab the bull by the horns.
oopsmyhalofelloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cheri
Have you read the book yet? It's a great place to start and really important to understand the reasons for the food choices we make. After that the recipes above are great and this thread and the daily provide a lot of information and support.

It's nice to meet you
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

CindieJo, kleo, Danni, and cheribaby!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #12  

aloha ladies!!

thanks for all the encouraging words made it through the worst-apartment's gleaming and friendships and relationship still intact
and (welcome back by the way) halo- have found an alternative!(drumroll please....)

homemade peanut-butter cups. YUM and veeeery fulfilling. will post recipe in dessert section soon.

ooooo-kleo so envious! i will DEFINITELY start off P2 with some zaftig organic wholegrain bread-sheesh! just started salivating thinkin' 'bout it. cherries sounds good, too.

awesome job resisting jrizzle!!! the smell of freshly baked pretzelbuns also brings me to my knees...

welcome danni&cheri baby! you'll see-the super-supportive ladies here make it so easy to stay op.

off to throw some chicken in the oven-trying a new recipe for lemon garlic chicken from nigella lawson.

for everybody!!!

happy sunday
Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #13  

oh...feeling redudant cuz there already is a recipe for P1 friendly pb cups in forum..mine is from scratch, tho. so feeling semi-redundant
Old 08-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #14  
~jus' being me~

lol Janet seems like your PMS has completely lifted! You sound in very good spirits today

I have just pre cooked some meals and am going to make some broccoli soup tomorrow night (just broc and broth/stock) so am feeling ready. I find dinner time the most difficult so if I have food I love on hand for that time of day then I feel ok.

Hope everyone is enjoying the rest of their weekend - Monday here in a few hours!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #15  
Addicted to Music

S/C/G: 265/261/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, all, for the welcome!

Cyndi, I have read the original book a couple of times, but am looking forward to getting the Supercharged version. I've heard there is some good information in there. Have you guys read it? Is it a lot different?

Woke up this morning with vertigo, so feeling sorta queasy. Trying to figure out what to eat that won't make me too ill. Maybe scrambled eggs or some broth.
cheribaby is offline   Reply With Quote