3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Fabulous TGIFriday Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/180355-fabulous-tgifriday-chat.html)

Lexxiss 08-28-2009 05:35 AM

Fabulous TGIFriday Chat

Good Day Everyone:sunny:

Cottage, TGIF. I know its your favorite day. Hmm....if my brain calendar is correct it's the last Friday in August. That deserves an extra large pot of coffee. It's all ready.

I get a chuckle sometimes in the morning. Kirk comes from a large family of overachievers. His Uncle is very well known in the fisheries of Alaska and you can always go visit him super early in the morning. When asked what he does so early, he says he drinks russian tea and waits for the sun to come up. I guess I'm going to carry on the tradition. Lexxiss, NPR and I have greeted the sun many times together.

So, in the spirit of WOE I'm going to head outside with my coffee and listen to the morning. It looks a little breezy, I'll wear my fleece (which by the way fits me like a potato sack these days)

On my list today is dog walk, pool, fundraising and preparing to leave here on Sunday. There is also a possibility of driving to fruit country for peaches. What's up in your world today? Stop for a minute and visit. :cofdate:

cottagebythesea 08-28-2009 06:15 AM

:coffee: Good morning!

Deb, thanks for the coffee and getting us started. :) I usually need an extra big pot of coffee on Mondays, but, why not on Friday? When you spoke of Kirk's dad, I immediately thought of the show "The Deadliest Catch", that Jake and I love to watch. Enjoy your day!

It's raining here, so that means the girls will want to bake something. I'm considering using up some of our abundance of zucchini in a chocolate zucchini cake, or we may make Butterscotch Squares. I have my hair appt. this afternoon, and the girls will be happy to watch a video while I'm getting my hair cut and colored.

Fall must be on it's way. It's quarter past 6 and still black as midnight outside!

Ruthxxx 08-28-2009 06:17 AM

Good morning. It's chilly here too, Debbie, and I was in my fleece robe earlier. Now I'm breakfasted, showered and dressed ready to leave for the fitness centre. Yes, me going to the gym. I've decided this is the only way to get rid of my knee pain so will be going there for 7:30 AM three mornings a week.

The "mudder" never showed yesterday so the day was quite peaceful. I'm hoping he shows today so the plaster can dry over the weekend. On the other hand, another quiet day would be great. I have banking to do this afternoon and another trip to the Farm with some stuff for Joan. Other than that, the day is mine!

I hope your Friday gently eases you into the weekend.

ETA: :wave: at Cottage. Is that my Butterscotch Square recipe? If so, please don't pass me one. They are decadent.
It's just getting bright here now - I am further east than you but was pitch black at eight last night! I like the other equinox better.

cottagebythesea 08-28-2009 06:21 AM

Here's a nicehot cup of coffee for you, Ruth, before you head out. :coffee2: Good for you for going back to the gym! I hope it really helps to get the kinks out of your knee!

Lexxiss 08-28-2009 06:36 AM

Mornin' Cottage and Ruth

Cottage,I take it the baked goods aren't SB friendly, or have you worked around that. We know the boys from the Time Bandit. They are from a long time Homer family. Kirks big spend before he came home was to go get mugs and a sweatshirt. I chuckled, I think you should watch the video while the girls watch you get your hair colored. :lol:

Ruth, I hope the gym helps your knee. I'd been meaning to ask. I'm amazed how many times the finish guys don't show up. It seems it's because they know you don't have alot of options. Hope your day is peaceful.

I somehow locked the door when I went out earlier. I had to go to the bedroom window and call, "Kirk, Lexi and I locked ourselves out" Poor Lexxiss, doesn't know I made her share the blame-I guess everyone knows SHE didn't lock the door.

CyndiM 08-28-2009 06:53 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Sun is up and it feels like a perfect fall day. Glad we had those two weeks of summer in-between ;)

Debbie - Isn't it fun when your clothes start hanging on you? I still have my original robe but I love it and just cinch it tighter :) What do you do with the peaches? I"m not excited by the dried peaches, though probably good in hot cereal. I'm thinking about freezing a few. We just have a small freezer so space is saved for things that must be frozen. If I can my applesauce that will open up some space.

Cottage - Must be the weather - I'm planning to bake bread today. Haven't done that in a few weeks. That cut and color reminds me I need to call the hairdresser. Being frugal I didn't see the point of a cut while on vacation but it's mighty shaggy now.

Ruth - :carrot: will you be joining the September exercise thread? I have an on the way to replacement knee and exercise really helps. Hope it works for you too.
How did the cucumber chips come? I've got a full batch of zucchini going in today, maybe with a couple of trays of eggplant, then greens. I can do both in one day because they are fast driers.

Had a lovely night out with the girls from work. We finally had a formal celebration for our co-worker who was laid off. It felt just right and was the transition we all needed. Before that she and I had a walk. I always think we are walking slower because we talk so much but when I got home I realized we walked more than 4 miles in an hour! I can never walk at that pace by myself. I think we were so focused on catching up we didn't even pay attention - just kept buzzing along :)

Yesterday was lost in a PT appt., grocery shopping, and then out last night so today is all house chores. I did notice our lawn looks like a hay field so will try to get it started this morning before the rain hits. I'm sure at some point I'll get antsy and go somewhere but will try to keep it local. Maybe the berry farm for blueberries or the orchard to pick apples :) There's plenty of produce in the kitchen telling me to get busy now.

Enjoy your Friday :)

Lexxiss 08-28-2009 07:02 AM

Hi Cyndi
Check this peach recipe and tell me what you think. http://www.madhavasagave.com/RecipeD...px?RecipeID=33 I just love canned peaches. It's a fond childhood memory of picking and canning with my Grandmother. I don't eat many this way but like to have a stash. I may freeze some, also. Kirk on the other hand LOVES them dried and I have to be very careful to get my share before they make it to the dehydrator.

Chelby29 08-28-2009 07:36 AM

Good Morning, Friends!

Debbie, I've figured out there is a garage openner in my van that will let me in when I lock myself out. I've had to use it more than once. :D

Ruth, I hope the gym helps your knee, too. Is that what the doctor recommended?

Cottage, What color are you doing your hair? RDW1 is my 'friend' on Facebook. She was talking about coloring someone's hair "Spicy". I think I'd be great SPICY! ;)

Cyndi, I'm glad you enjoyed your celebration with your friend.

Me: Hooray for Friday! No big plans for the weekend. My SIL and I were supposed to go see Sing Along Grease tomorrow night, but I don't know if she still wants to go. It's crazy, but she's living next door and I still never see her or talk to her.

The alarm went off at 6 and it was dark as night outside. Jeff said, "It must be overcast." I think you guys are right, though. We're moving towards fall.

Hope your day is Beachy! :)

CyndiM 08-28-2009 07:45 AM

Nice find Debbie. For some reason the dried peaches don't really appeal to me, though I like them in leathers. Of course I like everything in leathers. I've been hesitating about canning but I just need to try it. Now I need to check out the other recipes on that site :) thanks!

Chelby - Girl you are already spicy! Have a great Friday.

Schmoodle 08-28-2009 07:50 AM

Hi chicks, I am so happy to be back home. I didn't sleep well at all at the hotel, and I am still feeling droopy this morning. Today is gray and showery so no laundry, although it piled up while I was away. I stopped at a farmer's market on the way home from the airport last night and picked up the last of a farmer's white peaches. They are probably the best peaches I've ever tasted - I'm going back next week to see if he has more, so I can freeze some. Only a couple of weeks of peaches left!
I sure am glad it's Friday although I've got catchup work, shopping, and cleaning to do over the weekend. We'll have to get to the pool too, since we only have a week of it left.
I'm taking a different tack and putting away my scale for a while. I'm going to take measurements this morning and start focusing on my exercise plan, and see if I can see any progress in that area. So, the kids just left, and I'd better go get my walk in before the rain starts. Have a good one chicks!

Lexiss, that peach recipe looks great. I'm not a canner though, or a drier, I just freeze.
Chelby, I think you already are spicy!
Cyndi, how was your trip?
cottage, last time I got my hair done, my stylist scheduled my next appt for 8 weeks, which is still a couple of weeks away. I don't know what we were thinking because my gray is sure poking through already.

izzystizzy 08-28-2009 09:35 AM

Hi Girls!!!

Im so happy to be here today!!
I decided to start SBD again after 1year, It's my 5th day of phase 1 and im dooing more than well!!
The best thing is that im visiting my parents in BRAZIL , so there is planty of veggies and good stuff :)

Im really happy, it ws a long time that i didnt feel good like that , no sugar cravings and so on :)

So i wish everyone a fantastic friday!!! =D (quite early and sunny here)

DaisyDuck 08-28-2009 09:37 AM

Good morning everyone! Had to attend a work event last night where the theme was berries and fresh Michigan fruit - especially pies! There were fruit pies everywhere, but I resisted and did what I could with the braised beef and the roasted brussels sprouts with bacon. My husband had three slices, though (mostly because he kept forgetting and putting food I couldn't eat in front of me).

I am listening to a book on cd called "Eat Cake" about a woman who bakes amazing cakes as a kind of therapy. I start phase 2 on Monday and am considering just how fancy a person can get with whole wheat flour or almond flour and Splenda. I've checked out some of the recipes - has anyone here ever made a beach-friendly icing?

Hope your Friday rushes by and you find yourself enjoying the weekend soon.

Deana

Chelby29 08-28-2009 10:20 AM

Schmoodle, When will you be back in Sweet Home Alabama?

Pearlrose 08-28-2009 11:06 AM

Good morning all,

I am so happy it is Friday, my trainer finally got back so I let her deal with the new staff and can get some of my own work done.

Tonight is DS Football game and who knows I am making no plans for the weekend but I am sure DH will come up with some hehe.

Have a good day everyone

Skybluepink02 08-28-2009 01:04 PM

Hi everybody

Deana, I'm impressed you had so much willpower. I'm looking up to you! I'm still at the point that I have to avoid all temptations.

Izzy - Brazil, I'm jealous! In a good way. :)

Schmoodle - Exercise is my big stumbling block. Good for you for focusing on it!

Cyndi - Canning is easier than you'd think, especially fruits, since you don't need a pressure canner. Go for it!

The hubby and I are going to watch the soapbox derby at the park this weekend with the kiddos. Lots of silly cars, lots of walking and fresh air. I'm packing my own food so I won't be tempted by fair food though.