South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #1  
SBD Rocks!

S/C/G: 184/174/130

Height: 5'4

Default Need advice

Hey everyone. I have been on P1 for about a week now. My 12 yr old son ended up with strep from school last week. Im not sure if Im getting it or not but my throat is a little sore, nose is runny and I dont have too much of an appetite. I have made myself eat today though. My question is this...what kind of soups am I allowed? I am wanting to know this just in case my throat starts to hurt even more to the point that it hurts to swallow whole food. LOL. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
RobynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Robyn

Sorry your son is sick. Hope you're not getting it too...what I would make is a chicken vegie soup. Put your chicken first, maybe a couple of breasts, then add vegies when the chicken is cooked.. slice your chicken, season to taste and enjoy. It might make everyone feel better. Depending on the quantity you need just add extra. It could easily last a few days.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

If you use canned chicken soups without noodles or pasta you can remove the potatoes, corn, peas and carrots on Phase I. You could also use a canned vegetable soup without pasta or noodles and do the same thing. Obviously that doesn't leave a lot of veggies left but you could add some green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, etc. I have also used the canned Progresso lentil soup if you like that.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

There are several delicious fast and easy soups on our Phase 1 Soups & Stews thread in our recipe forum.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #5  

Hope you and your son feel better soon!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Robyn, I hope you both feel better soon! One canned soup that seems safe in Phase 1 is Progresso's Lentil. Check the ingredients to be sure, but I think it would work.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'd make something in the crock pot that's SBD friendly, that way you'd have a bunch on hand just in case. Most soups will freeze well also so you can have some on hand whenever you need/want it.

Hope you don't get sick
Sarah in MD
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #8  
SBD Rocks!

thanks everyone. I just ended up having a small omelet. That was the only thing that sounded good. I was sick apparently. Got up this morning and felt horrible but went to work after I got the kids on the bus. They sent me home after an hour and I slept until my kids got home. I took a cold pill and then a benadryl for my allergies ( I think thats the culprit!) and I actually feel pretty decent right now.

I did however almost REALLY cheat! My kids have sour cream and onion chips here and I had a few small pieces and 1 big piece. It was good but then I felt guilty and thought of how well Ive done and how much I want my weight off. So I stopped then. Please tell me I can do this!!! I dont have much of a support system which sucks but I know I can make it happen. Sometimes I just need a swift kick in the butt!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Robyn, we're here for support whenever you need it. You can do it!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Isn't it odd when we don't feel good the things we turn to for comfort are the high fat items? I know that when I'm sick I want pudding and coolwhip. Nothing healthy at all.
Hope you get to feeling better soon
Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #11  
SBD Rocks!

Thanks everyone! Yall are awesome!