South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Whoosh Away the Pounds Wednesday!

i would call today's daily, Wednesday Whiteout, but it may not be as foggy in your part of the world. It looks like I'm in the middle of a cloud. We're in a deep, white mist and it looks very strange, but yet whimsical.

We spent all day yesterday at the club, and it was the best way to cool off in this steamy heat. I think we'll be either coming here or looking for a pool again today, but we do have Art Camp later this afternoon. I've waited all season for it to feel like summer, and now that it's here, I vow not to complain of the heat. And it does help cut the appetite!

The week is flying and tomorrow is my Friday. I'm really looking forward to a 3-day weekend, although it looks to be a busy weekend.

How are you spending your Humpday?
Old 08-05-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, having fun beating the heat today! What do you do at Art Camp? I mean besides the obvious! What projects will you be working on?

I just came in from watering the patio garden since we didn't have rain yesterday. Headed to the gym in a bit, then off to school. My husband pulled down a shelf from the attic that used to be in daughter's room and I'm carting it to school for my library books. Going to spend a few hours at school working on organizing and of course visiting everyone else who is coming to work today and catching up. A lady who works down the hall from me has lost 140 lbs over the course of last year (lap band I think) and she had a face lift during the summer and a boob job. Can't wait to see her! She has the most gorgeous eyes ever and she's a lot of fun to be around.

Then home to work around here and get dinner ready for when my husband comes home at 3:30. The university has summer hours right now...they are working 4/10's, but that changes back to "normal" next week. I'm going to really miss having 3 days a week together...going back to our usual 1 day a week together next week. sigh. Really signals the end of summer!

***I have a question for those of you with dehydrators. I found a recipe for granola I want to try. I have a lot of cherries and decided to go ahead and dehydrate some for the granola. I put them on last night and this morning they are still fat and juicy! How long do they take to dry out. jeez!!

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-05-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie this morning as Paul and the electrician are coming soon. I will be "powerless" for a while today. I don't know how long a "while" is but I'm stocking up on drinking and flushing water. Gotta love country living when the water goes off with the electricity.

Jazz was just delightful at pet therapy yesterday. It was nice to get back into routine after not being at the nursing home for four weeks. Some faces were "missing" but there were some new folks including a delightful British woman who told me "I am not a sweet old lady". I think I want to be her when I grow up. She even had a cane which she thumps on the floor. (She may be a plant from Central Casting. )

Today will be weird. I may putter around in the veggie garden and will be doing pet therapy at noon with Disney who must have a bit of a cleanup before we go. They are having no trouble in my torn apart dog yard but sure have muddy paws.

See y'all later. Stay cool.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All

Hi Cottage! Thanks for starting us up this morning. I'm staying OP today because while pounds don't "whoosh away", time flies and staying OP TODAY is my only chance of being smaller by Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years or our 2009 Pooch Parade. Yes, I counted this morning and by Sept 19 I will be in week 19 OP...almost 5 months. Time flies when your havin' fun!

Cat, enjoy your day at school. Yes, summer is winding down.

Ruth, Cyndi Hope your days' whoosh by!

Me, busy tying up ends so I can p/u my CSA order this afternoon and whoosh back through the mountains to get Mother back for her evening meeting. Today, pool, socializing and working in the garden a bit.

Barb, thanks for posting pictures. You look fab! and I love the color and style of your dress. I'm chuckling and remembering how concerned you were about Brian leaving and it seems it has actually been nice to have some time to yourself.

Chelby, counting down with you. I wish I could be the next one to visit your class. Looking forward to pics!

Jasmine, I didn't realize until yesterday you are a teacher. This seems to be a great spot for teacher support. You must be very patient.

Kim, great on the weightloss! I never asked, did you stock up on good stuff when you went to the "big city"?

Kierie, I hope your feeling better. I've been happy to see your smiling face around here lately.

Xan, I've found that "cleaning house" is related to cleaning up my eating habits. I looked in my closet at some "very nice" winter clothes I have worn over and over and over....and said to self, "I'm not wearing those this year." I'm getting healthy and moving on. Stay on track. We're here when you need us.

Twynn,

Thanks for all your support. Oops I almost forgot-I bought a yesterday!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-05-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's toasty here too but in a pleasant way. It was a little warm walking during mid-day but still nice and I'm sure my garden is happy.

Cottage - art camp sounds like fun. I used to search for fun summer camps for DD. The best one was Drama Camp. She loved that one, drama queen that she was Hope your cloud lifts soon (bet it will as soon as the sun is up)

Cat - The information sharing system at your school sounds a lot like the school my Mom worked at. Maybe it's a school thing? Have fun getting your room together

Ruth - Good luck with the power! We always fill the tub for flushing water whenever a storm looms. I've been caught too many times to not be cautious! I love explaining that one to people who have always had city water Enjoy your garden.

Debbie - Can't wait to hear how you like that tramp. We bought one and used it a lot for awhile. I did have some challenges with it which I will spare you the details of (definitely TMI) but it sure is fun to use. Enjoy your travels today.

I'm off visiting again this morning, so a fun day. I might take the afternoon off to go to the laundromat. Kitty decided the bed was a good place to barf so the comforter needs to be washed. We also decided to go camping this weekend so I could do some stuff around the house that won't get done this weekend. Seems a shame to work in the office on a sunny afternoon

I better start planning that camping menu. I'm out of practice this year.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Cyndi, I had a big in my yard in Alaska. I was very basic, but it was exercise. I understand it helps move lymph fluid so I'm taking this small with me to the other side to bounce around on when I can't swim. Plus I have the room there. Since exercise needs to be enjoyable I'm trying to add things that make me happy.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Regarding my question about dehydrating cherries. In the famous words of Rosanne Roseanna Danna "Never Mind".

Does anyone have a stamp that says "stupid" on it so I can stamp my forhead? One must halve and pit cherries before dehydrating them. Note to self...it is easier to halve and pit cherries while they are cool from the fridge. I now have hot purple fingers. I wonder about myself sometimes.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:26 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Does anyone have a stamp that says "stupid" on it so I can stamp my forhead? One must halve and pit cherries before dehydrating them. Note to self...it is easier to halve and pit cherries while they are cool from the fridge. I now have hot purple fingers. I wonder about myself sometimes.
Stupid stamps are at the beach. Just think of yourself as the teacher teaching the teacher. Now you know.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, that's funny about your cherries! I had an awful disaster last summer, trying to dehydrate tomatoes. It put me off dehydrating anything for a while. I'm still waiting on my Solar Food Dehydrating book. It's taking forever to come, and I'm really anxious to build one and try it out while we're still deep in the harvesting season.
I just drop the girls off at Art Camp, but they learn the techniques of creating a picture and how to draw, plus different techniques of painting, etc. They love it and their artwork is quite amazing.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday!

Cottage, I complain about the weather every day it's below 40 in the winter. Hate it BAD! So I vow not to complain during the summer. Don't want people to think I'm not a happy person.

Cat, Let's start a petition that school shouldn't start till the day after Labor Day!

Ruth, There is a poem that says "I'm not going to the grave gracefully. I'm going to slide sideways into the grave, my body thoroughly used up, and say, 'WOW what a ride!'" Those aren't the exact words, but I love the thought!

Debbie, The last time I was on a trampoline, I made three jumps... Jump in the Middle... Jump towards the Side.... Jump on the springs and scream as I land on the ground. You must be more graceful than me.

Cyndi, Your camping trip sounds delightful! I hope you have too much fun! What will you cook?

Me: I bought school supplies for the first time ever yesterday. They are expensive! My Walmart only had 'washable' crayons. I hope they are acceptable. The school list was VERY specific in it's requests.

Two more sleeps till our trip. WooHoo!!!

Have a beautiful day!

Last edited by Chelby29; 08-05-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Can't spell!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

I am back from Sunny California, we had a wonderful time on the trip it was very relaxing and we still did everything we wanted to do. My eating was not good. I refuse to get on the scale but I am on Day 2 of Phase 1 today of getting back on track.

I will have to try and read all the posts I missed as we were without internet- which I quite enjoyed for a change of pace- though from today's posts sounds like everyone is enjoying the last bit of summer.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Pearlrose back!

Glad you had a great trip. Best wishes hopping back on the SB P1 wagon. It's one thing I respect about all of you here is that "round trip" WOL. There are always vacations but you always come back to healthy eating.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
I didn't survive the bbqs unscathed 4 pretzel rods and a burger with a bun (due to a surprising lack of utensils it was at the FD men don't need forks I guess!)
However!!!
I did say no to gooey chocolate cake that dh offered me 4 times. . .and I didn't want it!
I took my iron before bed last night and now I feel like a rockstar! :banana:
Pizza party at work today but I brought my salad and goign to say I forgot its pizza day (I'm not having pizza!)
I'll try to get back for personals!

Kierie
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Just a quick check-in again. DH and I woke up late and had to boogie out of the house. Thank goodness I have a good stock of V8 and hard-boiled eggs on hand!

Barb: That pic of you and Don is wonderful! You look absolutely gorgeous!!

Okay, that's it for me. I'm a bit of a grumpy-gus this morning in spite of the fact that the scale is at 175 still and I feel like a puffer fish thanks to Aunt Flo! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #15  

Thanks, ladies, I felt so great dressing up on the cruise with Don. He even made lots of nice comments on the swimsuits Leslye had given me. My vacation ends on Friday so I've been trying to finish up with all the odds and ends at home. I need to try to get to the gym today since I didn't make it yesterday. I was about to go when I remembered I had a district committee meeting last night. Brian did stop by and get his new phone (he lost his old one when he was at the courthouse with his dad) so I got to see him last night. He seems to still be having a good time. I'll pick him up on Sunday night.

cottage - I hate the cold but I do have to admit that it's hard to want to do much outdoors when it's over 100.

Cat - I'm not ready for summer to end. This is the big change for us as 7th is in Junior High and he'll be riding the bus. I still don't know the bus schedule but I imagine they'll tell us soon since school starts on the 24th.

Ruth - Good luck with the power. Hopefully it won't be off too long.

Debbie - You are right. I was worried how I would handle Brian being gone and I've really enjoyed having some time alone (or more time to spend with Don). I'll be glad to have him back though.

Cyndi - Have fun with the camping menu. If you'll have a propane stove then there is so much you can do. I often would precook stuff and bring it frozen to heat up. Made it a lot easier and then I would have stuff like veggies to add to the meal.

Chelby - I tried buying school supplies for first grade and gave up on finding just the right handwriting paper. After that I would by the prepackaged supplies the schools sold for each grade and then they would deliver it to the classroom. This year (in 7th) we won't even get the list until after school starts so all the sales will be gone. He just is supposed to bring a pencil and paper on the first day.

pearlrose - Sounds like your trip was as relaxing as my cruise. It was so strange to not have internet access and I even turned my phone off to avoid international roaming charges. It made life slower paced and more enjoyable.

KO - Good job resisting that chocolate cake. That would have been hard for me.

Kim - Thanks for the compliment! Now if only he wanted to be more than a friend... Oh well, at this point in my life it's best not to rush things.
Closed Thread