South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #61  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I buy the Healthy Choice sugar free fudgesicles because they are the only ones I've found that use Splenda instead of aspartame (migraine producer for me).
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #62  
~jus' being me~

Luckily we have none of the above in the ghetto!!

Day 3 and am doing well. I feel like I am getting a bit of a cold, or it could be just that i was up so late working and I am a bit off - just a tad chesty and my throat is sore so am thinking I will have brocolli soup for dinner.

I just sautee the chopped broc in a pot until the water I washed it in evaporates and it turns a luverly shade of green and then add some stock (no sugar in the ingredients and it says zero carb for a serving) and then just blitz it with the hand held blender. That's it! It freezes well and is surprisingly creamy and so nourishing when you just feel like a little hug from the inside
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:03 AM   #63  
~jus' being me~

The kitchen is closed and I am off to bed! Day 4 tmro and I cant weight ( intentional pun) to start feeling more sveltey. I dont know what I did to mess up my broc love tonight but I didnt love it at all I am though definitely coming down with a cold (cough, chesty-ness and sore throat) so that could be it.

Hope everyone is having a great day on the Beach
Old 08-05-2009, 08:24 AM   #64  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, I am joining you back on Phase 1- eating is out of control again- so today is day 2 for me. I am going to do the full 2 weeks and then move on from there.

Danni what you might be feeling is the SB "flu" that some feel during days 3 and 4 but by day 5 you normally feel great. Make sure you are getting plenty of dairy and beans and that normally helps.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 193/seeticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! How's everyone doing today?

I tried the ricotta last night as a dessert (used variation of the SB book recipe with cocoa and vanilla) Really good - thanks for the idea. I forgot that's the base for Cannoli filling (sorry if I butchered the spelling of that) since I usually use it for lasagna.

Anne - those are the fudgesicles I was looking at in the store, but was afraid to buy incase they weren't ok. THANK YOU! I need chocolate!

I've been having crazy hot flashes the last 4-5 days. Anyone else experience this? I also went through a miscarriage 4 weeks ago, but my hormone levels are stabilized after the D&C, so I don't think I can contribute my hot flashes to that. I'm only 28, so I'm not sure if it's my body revolting against the veggies? My eating habits are the only thing I've changed in the last month.
LaMariposa018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey everybody- just skimmed thru posts and you all seem bright, chipper and oh-so-slender!! (get better soon danni. chicken broth w/veggies or are you a vegetarian?)

ach. fudgesicles. do not exist in this hemisphere..could be a blessing in disguise like danni said.
also have become HUGE fan of the ricotta recipes, very versatile and using real vanilla bean makes it almost sinful! woo-hoo

remind me to post recipes that i mention(and then conveniently forget)

day 12 and all is well
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #67  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone! Danni, sorry about the cold. That doesn't' help!

I'm on Day 5, doing fine. I'm starting to feel better -- no surge of energy yet, but I'm sleeping better and the bloating is gone -- and I haven't needed to take a nap in the afternoon since the day I started.

Have a great day everyone!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 193/seeticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Phew! The office ordered pizza for everyone in the plant today. I soooooooooooooooooo wanted that gooey cheese, but I did good. Ate an antipasto salad and two big glasses of water. I kept trying to talk myself into eating "just one" slice, but I resisted. Still want some, but it's all gone now. Maybe I'll go munch on a rf string cheese now.....
LaMariposa018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the calcium tips! I do eat lf cheese everyday, at least one slice, and I love many of the other foods that you had on that list as well! I'm on day 10 and feeling pretty good! I've been trying new meals and different things and that seems to be helping keep me OP. I haven't even really been tempted to cheat - except for my beer!! I haven't really noticed a loss in the last couple days, but it's better than gaining!! Slow and steady wins the race. Congrats to all you out there losing - keep it up!
Tryin2LoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #70  
~jus' being me~

Hi all! My cold is in full force today. Lots of fun nose blowing and coughing. And yet people keep asking me "whats wrong". Makes me want to punch them. I have acupuncture this afternoon and its usually very helpful for all sorts of ails.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I felt like I had dropped some bloat yesterday but today I feel bloaty again (TOM time too - awesome time to start Phase I eh). I am not weighing in for 2 weeks though cos it makes me nutty to see fluctuations and just before starting SB I was not a good girl to say the least so if I get on and its higher than my all time low it will make me completely unhinged! ha!

I need to go get some groceries tonight and do some pre cooking.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #71  
~jus' being me~

Hey everyone! The kitchen is closed here! And am off to bed soon.

I am pooped - between feeling icky and working all these crazy hours. I had more almonds than I should have tonight, but its better than the alternative that I would have fallen upon in the past.

Thinking about shrinking and having to check in and tell you all that I fell off the beach is making me stay strong when I am tired and work is too much.

Tomorrow is Day 5! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goal is to get some fresh veg in not just cooked ones.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/150

Today is Day 11 for me. Yesterday had the potential to be really bad, but a teensy bit of planning ahead helped me stay OP. I had to get into Dallas for an appointment at 11, then needed to run a number of errands while we were there. It takes about an hour each way, so I knew we'd be gone from the house for the better part of the day. I packed a container of homemade SB friendly chili, some string cheese and a single serving of almonds. I managed to get everything on my list done, stayed on plan and even felt like doing a little bit of clothes shopping when we were done!

Have a great Thursday my fellow Phase One chickadees!

-Jasmine
jrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #73  
Tink is on The Beach

S/C/G: 240/see signature/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the beach and today is my first day doing this new diet. I thought I'd introdouce my self here because you may have more experience and suggestions for this first phase. I tried weight watcher for a while and lost weight but I never stuck to it so I'm helping this will work. I have type 1 diabetes and my doctor reccomended this when I recently gained a lot of weight and my A1C is no 8.2 =( So Today is a new day and I determined now ( and hopefully for a while) to stick with this diet. I will most likely check in a lot because I need to feel acountable.

So I can't wait to learn from all of you and get to know you around the forum =)
TinkFreak117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

I'm on day 11 and feel very bloated and heavy today! My first week was great, lost almost 5 lbs, and now I feel like I've totally stalled. I am only eating 15 almonds per day, I try not to eat more than a slice or two of lf cheese a day, and I've stayed 100% OP except a beer that I couldn't resist.

I need some motivation! Also, does anyone have any breakfast ideas that are super easy? I like to sleep until the very last minute, so unless it's a grab and go item, I normally just eat a piece of cheese for breakfast :-( Oh, and I can't stomach vegetable juice. Ugh!
Tryin2LoseIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #75  
Tink is on The Beach

S/C/G: 240/see signature/150

Height: 5'7

I'm thinking about yougurt for breakfast because I'm not big on eggs and if your not big on eggs there aren't many choices for you.. unless you wanna start your day with meat... which sounds a lil gross to me... anyone have any other ideas?
TinkFreak117 is offline   Reply With Quote