3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   where are you now (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/176886-where-you-now.html)

Pnut Butter 07-17-2009 09:34 AM

where are you now

so today i weighed myself, 159.7 ish. i havent been below 160 in over 2years!! :carrot: i think it all started once i got together with my boyfriend. your dating a guy, you drink to keep up with him drinking, you EAT to keep up with his EATING. well thats how i was lol..unfortunately, his metabolism is waaaayyy faster than mine. dang men :mad: . but i mainly made this post as almost an encouragement kinda thing. we're all here for the same reason, to get healthy and give support. i also have to commend some of the ladies on an outstanding weight loss so far (debbie, cyndi, and michelle-around here somewhere lol) you go girls, i commend your dedication and willpower. so i would like for us all to post our status and where we want to be..ill start:p

My name is Kayla. My highest was probably 203. I started SB at 172 and am now at 160. I would like to be in the 135-140 range and im feelin good babyyy :angel:

StringBean 07-17-2009 09:43 AM

Nice idea...
I started my journey at 185 (my highest weight ever) and today weighed in at 151 after about a 4 week plateau. I also would like to be in the 135-140 range. Hopefully by the time I go on holiday in September!

Pnut Butter 07-17-2009 09:48 AM

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:you go girl! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Lexxiss 07-17-2009 12:40 PM

Kayla:sunny:it's nice to know your name. Thanks for starting this thread. :congrat:to you and StringBean on your SB success. I hope we meet some others who don't usually post.

It took me 6 years to lose 63 pounds :?: and after I gained 20+back last winter I knew that at my age (51) after going up and down for years that I had to make a change for the better or just "eat c***and live with it". Fortunately, I ended up here at 3FC on the :beach: and I see light at the end of the tunnel.

I am realistic. I'm not going to lose the weight, then head back into junk-land. I already know what happens there, so there is no denial about that anymore . This is a lifestyle change. Wish it had come 20 years ago but I'm just grateful to be living it now. I know there are many who don't find their answer.:(

What I like about SB is that I can eat like a healthy human being as long as I stay within certain limits. I can lose weight without weighing, counting, exchanging, starving, depriving, or caving because my "diet" has made me so miserable that I'd rather not care. I have never felt better!

When I get really hungry and need a treat-I go to my favorite diner and order a western omelet, no cheese, hold the potatoes and toast, and add a large salad. It seems to rev me up and keep me going.

One other thing-I can't eat what my hubby eats. Never could and never will. (but I sure tried-for years and years) On SB, we eat the same dinner, then he heads to snack :corn: :jeno: :cookie: :m: land. I no longer sit on my hands and :drool: I just don't want that stuff any more.

CindieJo 07-17-2009 01:45 PM

Hi all! I'm new here, bear with me while I get the hang of posting and all! This is my very first day -- Phase 1, Day 1. DH and I consumed the rest of the wine in the house last night, starting fresh today. I'm nervous about detoxing, but have found great tips already on here.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been, weighed in this am at 185.8. The numbers just keep creeping up the older I get, and now is the time to try and get a handle on it. My goal is around 140.

Lexxiss 07-17-2009 02:25 PM

Hi CindieJo:sunny: and :welcome2:

Since P1 is the most restrictive, it is recommended that you read the book. It is a great reference. There is a Phase 1 thread. Introduce yourself as there are several P1 starters this week. Ask questions, and let us know how you are doing.

Don't be nervous. You can and will succeed!!

waquilter 07-17-2009 04:08 PM

You all are very inspiring to me. I, too have been on the Beach and have been a terrible backslider. I kept telling myself I would get back OP and never did. So I went from 207 ( nearly "onederland") back up 249. I get so disgusted with myself. But I've had a clean P1 so far - this is day 6. Even though I don't post all the time, I still read the threads - by the time I'm online here in Washington State all you east coast babes are half way through your day. Hope you all have a great day!

mizski 07-17-2009 04:26 PM

Was doing wonderful with my weight loss a couple of years ago then totally backslided after the death of my parents, in-laws & beloved canine companion of 18 years. I was an emotional mess and re-gained 80#s to arrive at an all time high of 304#s.

I pretty much having the healthy eating thing down pat and use SBD to guide me in my eating. Weight loss has been steady but I guess I get frustrated sometimes that I'm still not where I was before. Can't do anything about that other than keep on with what I am doing.

The good thing is that my tastes have permanently changed and eating healthy isn't the struggle it was when I first started dieting a couple years ago. I started SB early this year and hope to get down to 150#s which is a good weight for my height & age. :)