South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/280/135

Height: 5'7

Question Diet v8 Splash

Okay, so browsing the internet for ways to enjoy veggies, I came upon another forum (not really sure what it was,) anyhow, it said that SB dieters can drink DIET v8 Splash? Is this true? I know you wouldn't be getting the fiber & other benefits from whole veggies, but would it be okay to drink it every once in awhile? Or is this a major no-no? Just wondering, don't stone me to death!
abbynormal278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Ingredients: Water, Carrot Juice from Concentrate (Water, Carrot Juice Concentrate), Fruit Juices from Concentrate (Water, Apple Juice Concentrate, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Kiwi Juice Concentrate, Lime Juice Concentrate), Contains less than 2 % of the following: Malic Acid, Natural Flavoring, Mango Puree Concentrate, Potassium Citrate, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), Beta Carotene, Sucralose (Splenda Brand) a Non-nutritive Sweetener, Acesulfame Potassium.

I would think they would be allowed as long as you count the 10 calories toward your daily Sweet Treat allowances, but you're not getting much nutritional bang for your buck. I'd rather eat my fruits and veggies.

Technically, I don't think fruit juices are allowed on SB Phase II, only whole fruit, but I don't think there's very much in there with the low calorie level. I think most of the vitamins in it are additives, so you could get the same value from popping a multivitamin.

ETA: No stoning allowed on this forum!

Last edited by murphmitch; 07-09-2009 at 09:23 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/280/135

Height: 5'7

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Probably will go with the multi. I don't have a craving for juice, it's just I really just despise veggies. Like I am having a TERRIBLE time trying to fit them into my diet. This is limiting my food intake per day, since we can't really have much else (besides protiens) during phase I.
abbynormal278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Abby

I'm adressing several of your posts here; V-8 Splash, finding vegies to eat and going off plan with your friend.

I keep the sm cans of reg. V-8 in the frig. They are small enough to not be totally overwhelming and they are a quick way for me to get a little nutrition in between meals. An important part of P1 while cleansing your bod is to not be painfully hungry. I don't think the splash will really make you feel better. The V-8 might.

On P1 I always had a 3 bean salad in the frig for munching.

I presliced vegies like cauliflower, radishes, zucchini, cucumber, and "purple stuff" to grab to munch on as well.

Just get back OP. Perhaps it was better to have the peer pressure early on so you could learn from it. I'm getting pretty good at not giving in to other peoples manipulation. It doesn't hurt them and only derails my attempt to lose weight. If I really just HAVE to eat something, I eat something that is on plan. Even if I ate more than I should have, I haven't messed with the body chemistry like I would by eating the big mac or plate of brownies. Then I go on.

9 weeks into this I am finding that I have more time to make a good decision because I don't crave bad stuff all the time. I am also really starting to see results physically. After completing P1 my weight loss really slowed down although I felt MUCH better. Now the weight loss has picked back up and my numbers are really coming down. Good motivation for sure.

Hang in there.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'd stay away from the Diet V8 Splash, at least on Phase 1 anyway. Carrots are the first veggie listed, and it contains pineapple. While both of these are healthy, they are high in sugar and may cause cravings, which we are trying to squelch. Granted, they are probably in minimal amounts, but all fruit should be avoided in Phase 1, or you defeat the purpose.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote