South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday Morning Wake-Up Call

Good morning! The sun is breaking through the morning mist and it's looking to be another great day.

I had a lovely, lovely week off, but I am really looking forward to seeing my girls today. They won't be back until later this morning, though, as they were delayed in very heavy traffic coming home yesterday and decided to pull into a hotel for the night. At least I won't have to rush over there first thing today, but I will have to cancel or re-arrange some appointments we had for the day. I know both girls will be interrupting each other in their excitement of telling me everything that happened while they were away.

As for me, well! I've been very lax and overdoing it on the starches all week, so it's time to rein myself in and get my eating back under control.

Here's to a "perfect' week!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:26 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm off to the coast for a Birds & Whale trip. See you all tonight
Old 07-06-2009, 06:36 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! We are off to a weird start today - a red and gray sunrise and a thunderstorm happening! I am really looking forward to summer but it doesn't seem to be happening. I actually turned on the furnace for a bit yesterday.

The Church dinner was a huge success but Claire and I are exhausted. We had lots of serving help from the other two Churches but we sure don't want to ever do this again! We did make $4K for the Roof Fix Fund but next time we'll just write cheques. We are considering a pie sale later in the summer but that will be after recovery.

Today things will be back to alleged normal around here. I have only one appointment with my financial gal about funding my room addition. Nothing will go ahead until the building permit is approved and that hinges on whether or not I have to replace the septic system - probably yes. Nothing will happen until after Delta Fair so it looks as if my August could be taken up with excavating and construction mess. The guys have already told me their favourite type of muffins. (When work is done around Delta, it's a good idea to supply coffee and goodies to the lads so they don't disappear down at the diner for an hour.)

Time for a healthy breakfast and then tackle a stack of paperwork. I hope your day is a good start to the week.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
It's hot as hades here already and I got the "3 brokens" syndrome. Appliances broken in sets of 3. First my washing machine, then the ceiling fan in here conked out and this morning my monitor wouldn't turn on. I checked all the cords and they were ok, so after diddling with it for about 45 minutes, I finally got a little knife and popped out the button on the monitor. Poked around in there and then gave up and put the button back in and voila, it turned on. Stupid monitor.

Got all the sprinklers going and heading to the gym in a bit. My only plans are taking Beau to the dentist for the zillionth visit (actually only the 3rd visit, but it seems like a zillion) and then take him to have his stitches out of his finger. Oh and to find a washing machine repair man. Drew up some plans yesterday for a clothes line that doesn't look like a clothes line (looks more like a trellis) and will maybe get the pieces and parts today if I have time. I love drying my sheets outside and miss it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-06-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:39 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ahh....I actually slept in a bit. I need a wake up call. Thanks, Cottage. When I was reading about your beautiful morning, I thought it was Ruth, then got to the part about the girls and I was really confused....sip some coffee...now I get it. What a wonderful thing to enjoy what you do. You make a difference in your girls life, too. Have a "perfect" day.

Ruth, I chuckled once again. I have always thought that the best fundraiser would be to sit down, talk about the backbreaking work involved in an event, and then pass the basket. Seriously, 4K is an incredible amount towards your project!! Enjoy a moment if you get it. Once your excavating starts you'll be in for the long haul.

Cyndi, I'm excited to hear your Whale Tales!

Chelby, welcome home. Wow such heat!! I would like to visit the south someday, but probably not mid summer. I sure wish you taught Jazzercise in my neck of the woods.

ETA-Mornin', Cat. Nothing like a bunch of broken stuff on a Monday!! Enjoy your workout!

Me, back in GWS. We came over yesterday afternoon. The car is going to the shop this morn. I'm 51 and this is the first time a car repair has ever been covered by the warranty! I'll ride to the pool for H2yoga, then see what's next. The dehydrator is running for the first time this season. I have so many fresh vegies coming in so I'm making winter vegie soup mix. Its new for me and the house smells oniony right now.

I'm starting week 9 OP and am finally starting to really feel the changes in my bod. The weight is coming off slowly but surely, but the change in the mirror seemed to happen overnight. I knew it would happen with patience. I'm feeling a little vulnerable right now-looking at myself smaller. Don't know why yet but I'm sure not going to eat over it!!!

Have a great day everyone!! I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-06-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: ETA
Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #6  

Yesterday was fun. Brian had a great time playing Rock Band 2 on the Wii with his friends while I spent the afternoon/evening talking with the boy's mom. Brian did not get packed last night though so we're going to have to work on that as soon as his finishes his breakfast. I think it is really starting to hit me that he's going to be gone for 5 weeks. I really hope he has a good time but I'm going to miss him.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Monday morning! I hope it's starting out wonderfully for everyone!

Cottage: I can just imagine how hard it would be to get back into "real life" after spending time with Ruth, but I know how much you miss the girls! I can't wait to read some of their stories tomorrow!

, Cyndi! I hope you and DP are already having a great time!

Cat: Your non-clothesline-looking clothesline sounds interesting! I hope that you'll post pics. Enjoy your day and I hope all the appliances are fixed quickly!

Ruth: Congrats on the huge success of the church dinner! I'm sure you're quite exhausted, so I hope you have a nice, calm evening in the works.

Lexxis: Congrats on seeing those changes in your body! Isn't it a great feeling? Keep up the great work; we're cheering for you!

Barb: I'm glad you and Brian had a good time with your company yesterday. I know you'll miss him a lot.

Me: Well, we're back at home after a WONDERFUL long weekend in Austin. Jason got to go kayaking/fishing and I did a little too much shopping. We both did a little too much eating and it showed on the scale this morning. I'm committed to cleaning up my act and getting my P2 eating back on track. The scale was high this morning, but I'll probably weigh daily for the next few days as I'm sure most of it is water weight AND AF is on her way. I'm still shooting for a goal of 172 on July 31st. I know I can make it if I stay on-track!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Cottage, I love when kids are so excited. It makes me smile.

Ruth, Hooray for a successful fundraiser! Your hard work paid off, literally!

Cyndi, I've never seen a whale. Hope you spot one!

Cat, Will clothes dry in 300% humidity?

Lexxiss, Warranty? DH won't buy a car with fewer than 75K miles. He likes a challenge. I wish you could be in my Jazzercise class. We have a blast.

Barb, I hope you find something fun to do while Brian is gone.

Kim, I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Me, Back at work. After I dropped Auston off at daycare, I went to the grocery. I have salad stuff, black beans and chicken breasts for lunch. Gotta get Louisiana off my behind.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks, we had a lovely long weekend, and now it's back to work... in a few minutes, maybe. We had a great time at the fireworks Saturday night, and the kids got a big kick out of the ship tour DH gave them. They didn't realize how big the ship was, and seriously, I could easily have gotten lost in there if not with DH. for the rest of the weekend I was kinda lazy, but I did make some progress cleaning and organizing the office, which has been an ongoing project since January. Maybe I'll be done by the end of the year! Looking at the calendar, I'm expecting a quiet couple of weeks, so high hopes to get back into our routine and get some things done.

I just made some coffee popsicles in my new popsicle molds (that I got for the kids).

cottage, happy reunion to you and the girls.
Cyndi, enjoy your whales and birds!
Ruth, whenever anybody says the word "fundraiser" to me, I ask them how much money I can give them to make them go away.
Cat, I dry all my laundry on the line, weather permitting, and I've got a big old 3 line laundry setup in the yard. I'll be interested to see what you've come up with. As a matter of fact, I've got a load in the wash right now waiting for hanging.
Lexxiss, congratulations on your progress.
Barb, I know I would miss my kids like crazy, but right now, a 5-week vacation sounds heavenly!
Hey Kim, I know you can make it. 172 was exactly my lowest weight last fall before I started messing up, and I am fighting to get back there now.
Have a great day at work Chelby!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Cottage- Have fun with the girls today, can't wait to hear their stories

Cyndi- Have fun whale watching hope you take pictures

Ruth- I am sure you are glad that is behind you. Have a great day

Cat- good luck with everything planned today, you will have to post a picture of the clothesline I am interested to see what it will look like.

Debbie- way to go, it is such a nice feeling when you start getting payback for all your hard work. Hopefully I will back where I was soon so I can continue on as well.

Barb- I would miss my guys terribly but a few days sounds good.

Kim and Chelby good luck on removing those few extras lbs, I know you can do it. I am trying to get my weight down before we leave for California at the end of the month, I would so love to be back in onederland.

Schmoodle- sounds like the ship tour was a great success.

Today I am at work- we are busy as usual but not letting it stress me out anymore. I gotta few more things to get ready tonite for DD2 BD party on Wednesday night but we are getting there.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm taking 3 min to post before I dive back into the Pile
our anniversary weekend was romantic and wonderful. . .(thanks for all the kind words about our pic) But I could have eaten competitively and all carbs
So I'm getting back on track today
Schmoo Ship tour sounds great!
Linda I bet the girls missed you!!
Pearl we'll work on relaxing together!!
Chelb I love black beans let us know what you do with them
Kim you can do it! So glad you had a good time in austin
Barb glad you had fun with the Mom the month w/o B will go fast!
Lexxis 9 week!! you are my hero! congrats lady
Cat Love Laundry on the line! sheets smel so good. . .When is your son NY bound?
Ruth I hope your paperwork is done and you can enjoy some downtime busy Lady!!
Cyn have fun today lady!

I have to make some Quiche and tuna muffins to have breakfast and lunch food for the week tonight
arg almost 2 gotta run
Kierie
Old 07-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

I just remembered... Phase1 is tough! I'm hungry! It will pass....

KO, I had black beans and salsa for an afternoon snack. It was very good.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #13  

I dropped Brian off with his Dad this afternoon after having a long phone call with him (mostly okay but he wants me to drop the criminal charges and the DA's office doesn't want me to). He did notice the new car but didn't ask me what I did with the old one so I didn't have to tell him that I sold it to Don (who got new tires put on it today - apparently I was driving on bald tires - oops).

I was going to go up the the gym tonight but they closed my gym that is close to the house so I called to see how much it would cost to join the one Don goes to that is a lot nicer. They had a discount for people with Bally's memberships (no joining fee and $5 off a month) but I ended up signing up for some personal training so I spent more than I had intended to. I think I will do so much better at staying motivated and working harder with a trainer so hopefully it is worth it.

I've got Eggplant parmesan (South Beach version) in the oven right now so it's a late dinner but should be a yummy one.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Argh.. busy day today but I said I would post every day so this is my post for today, albeit small

I started off weel, got to work and found out that a test i've been waiting to take is scheduled for tomorrow. I handled the stress of it ok until I got home, then took it out on junk food. So day 1 is a wash, i'm staring over with tomorrow day 1. I can say that most of my day was great, but I failed miserably once I got home and emotional eating got the best of me. I'm going to re-do day 1 starting tomorrow an no more excuses
Closed Thread