I'm tired all the time!And gaining weight??

• Ok, I am on day 7 of no sugar. Yeah! BUT, I am tired all the time. I am waiting for it to pass but no luck. I thought maybe it was the fact that i wasnt getting enough protein. I usually drink a protein shake (with milk) that has 22 g of protein. I decided to try something different and drank the Atkins shake that has only 15....hmmmm, not sure. Also, I made a pot of chili that I have been eating all week....for lunch and dinner. I havent had time to make dinner this week (too tired ) I eat broccoli with it when I have it for dinner. Im wondering if that isnt enough protein? Could lack of protein be my problem??? Also, I have gained 4 pounds...of course Sunday is my official weigh in day but I weighed in this morning hoping to at least see a couple of pounds gone. I promise you I am not eating to much (I could see maintaining before gaining (maybe I average 1800-2000 calorie a day until I get used to this then I am droppingdown to 1600 next week) plus I worked out 2 times this week and I am scheduled for another workout- 30 minutes cardio to start. Getting a little frustrated. Sorry if I am ranting and raving with too much info! Help me please! Thanks
  • i'm gonna say no but why are you lacking in protein to begin with...maybe if you post what your eating it would help

• Hi there. The first thought that came to my mind when I saw your thread, was "it must be a heck of a ride detoxing from all the sugar you've said you were eating." I'm not the resident expert, but there are many substances that when we put them in our bodies addictively, that the detox can be heavy duty.

Hopefully, you can just hang in there and remember, "this too shall pass." I'm rooting for you!
  • First...stay away from the stupid lying scale. Scales suck...they really do.

Try adding a ton of raw spinach in a big salad...put some egg and chicken in it too and some black beans can't hurt...you may not be getting enough iron which can really poop you out. To me, spinach is a wonder drug. Try eating a lot of raw spinach over the next couple of days and see what happens.
    I'm going to be 54 in a couple of months....used to be anemic and tired all the time...now I'm little miss energy and feel like I'm 20 again..
    quick, give me something to scrub!!!!

• Great idea on the spinach, Cat, and I agree, scales are not an accurate measure of whats happening. I have alot of fluxuation which I just take with a grain of salt. I think I'll do some spinach boosting, too.
  • Make sure you are drinking plenty of water also