South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #76  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons View Post
I almost caved...I had a handful of Skittles in my hand but then I decided to put them back and chew on a piece of sf gum instead. Not quite the same but it helped. I am now looking forward to my sf popsicle after I put the boys to bed.
Congratulations on avoiding the Skittles. I think it does get easier with time on this plan, but still have moments like these. You're doing great!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2sday View Post
Tomorrow, I'm going to have a kind of normal breakfast, as I need to go out after that to the store to get some groceries. I'm just about running out of everything !

How far ahead do you plan out your menu? I have just been going day to day, depending on what I feel like. I've just made sure that I had lots of good stuff on plan, to choose from.

Good luck
I do 1 week at a time based on what I have available. I usually do it on the weekends. I have to plan or I will totally fail. Planning helps keep me accountable and saves me lots of money.

Good luck to you too!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannette22 View Post
Hi, guys! Tomorrow will be Day 1 for me! Wish me luck!
Good luck!
Old 07-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #79  

S/C/G: Pregnant, due 5/30/10.

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone! I posted the other day about wanting to "get back to the Beach." I'm here now and am happy to be journeying with others going through Phase 1.

I meant to do Phase 1 today but just before my workout at the gym, my husband brought me a 1/2 omelet for breakfast that had shredded potatoes mixed in. He is supposedly doing phase one with me! I tried to pick them out, but I know I ingested some... *forehead slap*

We also had Chicken Parm for dinner which I made with a very minimal amount of breadcrumbs. Do any of you know the stance of using breadcrumbs on Phase 1? I imagine it's a no-no...so I am planning to count tomorrow as my official Day 1.

Otherwise, it was a very easy day. I love SBD. You're never hungry, and the cravings slowly go away! I stocked up on some sugar-free candy just to be on the safe side.

Good luck chickies!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #80  
Midwesterner

You're right kleo. No breadcrumbs, bread of any type on Phase I. No white potatoes until Phase III. Did your husband read the book? It really helps to understand the program correctly.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #81  

kleo- I still make chicken parm but with parm cheese instead of breadcrumbs and lf mozzerrella. Mmmm!

Shannette - How did things go for you today?
Old 07-21-2009, 07:50 AM   #82  

Yeah, DH knows potatoes aren't in the diet, we've done Phase 1 together before. He just ordered a certain omelet at IHOP not realizing there were hash browns in it.

Next time I make chicken parm in phase 1, I will just leave out the crumbs, however small a portion.

Today I will start off with some cottage cheese, celery and peanut butter. I got so sick of eggs for breakfast the first time around...I have to do them in moderation this time.

good luck everyone!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #83  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kleo, I love potato in omelet but find adding zucchini, onions and red peppers is pretty tasty too.
Remember that there are lots of other choices for breakfast. Leftovers from dinner are just great. I've even had lentil soup in the morning - very comforting on cold days. Check out the breakfast threads in the recipe section.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 168/155/140

Height: 5'7"

Today is my day 2 on P1. The day went well until I got home. Can someone recomend a dinner that makes good left overs. I dont like to cook everyday. I took out chicken breast this morning so it will be defrosted by the time I get home (6:45pm) I'm hoping to make something quick and easy. All ideas are welcomed.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #85  
Midwesterner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walthree View Post
Today is my day 2 on P1. Can someone recomend a dinner that makes good left overs. I dont like to cook everyday.
The Taco Bake recipe from here is great reheated. I usually make extra chicken breasts so I have leftovers too. Chili is easy to make and lasts forever. Try making your chicken in the crockpot so it's done when you get home from work.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #86  

Farewell all! Today is my first day back to Phase 2! I really enjoyed Phase 1 this time because it was the first time I did it totally clean and legal! This time around I lost 10.8 pounds for an official total loss of 16.8 pounds. Those 2 weeks flew by so quickly! Guess it's true when they say, "Time flies when you're having fun!". Couldn't have survived without all the support and encouragement from this thread and the entire site.

For those of you who are still enjoying Phase 1, hang in there! It can be done. You're almost there.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #87  

Congrats Sunshine - that 10 lbs is very inspiring!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #88  
Midwesterner

Wow, Sunshine! Almost 11#. Congratulations
Old 07-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hurra sunshine!!!!! awesome--have fun over there in phase two land
Old 07-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #90  

guys!!!
Closed Thread