South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Just wrapped up P1 - lost about 5 - will need to refine and track for the next time (probably after vacation).
Old 07-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #152  
Beach Babe in Training

S/C/G: 185.8/180.2/145

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all! Day 13 of Phase 1, weigh in on Fri AM. Not weighing every day, afraid to! Small weight loss last week, but instead focusing on losing the cravings. Looking forward to Phase 2, but I may stay on PH1 another week or two while I incorporate back what I am missing the most -- my wine!

A big challenge faces me today, having lunch with a girlfriend at Olive Garden! Hoping I can stay strong and have some fish and a salad. Um, I can already smell the breadsticks and creamy pasta calling my name!! But I feel soooo good with the way I've been eating lately, I'm pretty sure I can resist!

bekabu1882 -- I have a hard time getting veggies in the AM as well, so I always have V8 with my breakfast (usually a hard-boiled egg). Filling, yummy (I do like it!), and I got my veggie portion in. Also, I made the veggie quiche cups yesterday -- yummo!! Hubby and DS loved them too, they are half gone already!!

momofsteel -- congrats on making it thru PH1 and the weight loss!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #153  

Thank you guys for the support. I am a major sugar aholic and I knew that would be my biggest challenge, but also why I really wanted to do this plan in particular.

I joked with my husband that I could go without bread/rice/potatoes for a long time but going without ice cream, cupcakes, and cookies would be a major major struggle!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Thx cindijo - challenge will be next week - vacation with my ds' family.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 180.6/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the advice! Sometimes I just feel like I'm eating too much or not enough! I'm trying to just focus on the foods right now and keep those OP! So far today has been great:

B: 2 egg muffins I made with tomatoes, onions, green peppers, a bit of ff cheese, and garden veggie egg beaters
S: 15 almonds
L: Salad with grilled chicken, tomatoes, onions, ff cheese, black beans, a pinch of ff cheese, and light ranch dressing (<1g sugar per serving)
S: Will be... couple slices of turkey and some provolone (lf)
D: TBD - some sort of meat, of course, and I am thinking brocolli - lots of it!

I have found that planning is key this time around on phase 1! Last night when shopping for dinner, I bought stuff to make my salad today with the leftover chicken from last night. So far, I feel great, and the scale is down almost 4 lbs and I'm only on day 3. (I know most of this is water weight, but as long as it's not going up, I'm happy! I just can't resist stepping on every morning!)

This thread is great and I love reading about everyone's updates. It's nice to know others struggle like I do and I'm not alone!

CindieJo - I hope you were able to resist at lunch!! I'm sure you did beautifully!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #156  

S/C/G: Pregnant, due 5/30/10.

Height: 5'9

Keep it up, Tryin - it sounds like you are doing great!!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #157  
Beach Babe in Training

I made it through lunch! My friend had the breadsticks, and some ravioli smothered in some kind of sauce. I really was not even tempted, not even the slightest! I guess its true the Phase 1 really does help you get rid of the cravings! I was perfectly fine having salmon and a caesar salad. Wow, I think I finally found a way of eating/living that I can really stick to this time, long term!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #158  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chickies, this old hen has noticed that dairy is frequently missing from your meal plans. Please check out the revised food list because you really should be having it! You don't want crumbly bones when you get to be as old as me!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #159  

S/C/G: SW155/Goal120

Height: 5'4"

Thanks I will check out some of them I just like plain eggs lol so I need to get out of my comfort zone and try some new things
Old 07-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #160  

S/C/G: Pregnant, due 5/30/10.

Height: 5'9

Cindi, that is great! I was wondering how a person could stay strong at Olive Garden. It gives me hope because we have a gift card and I know we'll want to eat there soon. Good job!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #161  
~jus' being me~

Hi Ladies! I just started Phase I when I found some SB cookbooks I had bought a while ago, and realised that the plan is very close to the way that I have been eating/wanting to eat . . . recently I have found that I need some fine tuning.

I went to the bookstore tonight to get the book and they didnt have it!

I do have some questions though that I was hoping someone could shed some light on . . . I scanned through the FAQs and couldnt see them there.

What is considered "Milk/Dairy" in terms of the 2 cup limits? Just the things listed under that heading in the Phase I acceptable foods list?

Or do I limit cheese too such a Ricotta as a Milk/Dairy "serving"? And is other low fat cheese "limited"?

Also are beans and legumes treated as veggies and unlimited?

Thankies in advance!!!

Also, after years of Atkins style LC'ing . . . soooooooo freeing to be able to eat veggies with gay abandon!! But the shift to low fat dairy is one that my head doesnt know what to do with yet.

Last edited by Madison; 07-30-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:46 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

welcome danni! just an accountability flyby so hope someone else more knowledgable will tackle ur Qs

so day 6. feel good. balsamico chicken salad later. first jog ever this morning. hardy har har. felt smug kindred with fellow joggers *lol*

happy thorsday!

janet
Old 07-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #163  
~jus' being me~

Hi Janet! Yay on the jog!!! The first time I ran I felt like Elaine on the show Seinfeld looked like when she danced . . . arms and legs everywhere. But it felt good to do it
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 162/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Doing ok on phase 1. I start phase 2 tomorrow. I have lost 6 pounds! Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #165  
Beach Babe in Training

Last day on Phase 1! Need to read up on the allowed list on Ph 2 and decide what I will be introducing back starting this weekend. Kind of scary!

For my dairy intake, I usually have LF cottage cheese for mid-morning snack. Or I'll have some plain yogurt (mixed with a packet of Splenda and cinnamon -- yummo!). Then after my almost nightly snack of PB cup (ran out of PB, missed it last night!), I'll have a glass of LF milk.

The other night I just, out of habit, poured my nightly milk out of the family's 2% container and drank it down. Yikes!! Really, my only "cheat" while on Phase 1 -- besides overeating on OP food the first few days!

I currently have a hamstring injury, but trying hard to recover from it so I can jump back on the exercise wagon. Thanks for all your motivation, friends!
Closed Thread