South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:25 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Question Phase I Chicks - June

This is the place for Phase I starters and re-starters to post menus and questions and give and get support both from each other and our experienced Beachers!
Here's a link to the old thread.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #2  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

I'm on Day 12 of Phase 1, and have been doing wonderfully. I am happy to get to Phase 2 and expand my food choices.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.8/*Ticker*/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,
I'm on Phase 1.25 and feeling discouraged. I'm a bit bored with food and the weight I have lost (9.8) was all pretty much lost by day 8. Today is day 16. (Big Sigh). I'm not hungry, but miss sweets (do have yogurt, Jello, pudding in the PM)

Any words of encouragement? Does anyone else have a sticky scale? On the plus side, my clothes fit me better today...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #4  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

I had a couple days of stuck weight. Then this morning I lost a pound.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

Hey everybody! I did good over the weekend. My family was impressed that I didn't eat buns with my food, and they didn't give me a hard time about it either so that's good. I think people are finally getting used to my low carb eating and that it's not just a phase. Today I'm starting back on the exericise thing. I think that's part of my weight stall. I was doing good for awhile and then I stopped, so let's hope I stick with it!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please don't call this "low carb eating"! If you are eating dairy and legumes, you are not low carbing it. Some folks may be going by the old food lists in the outdated book. Please check the up-to-date list in the FAQ Section.

As to slow or no weightloss, remember that it didn't go on evenly and comes off the same way. I do weigh daily but then average my loss for the week. Some days it's up and some days it's down.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #7  
Beach Girl

S/C/G: 212/203/154

Height: 5'6''

Hi, I'm starting my 1st day of Phase 1 today! I did the diet a while back and lost about 8 pounds in the first two weeks, but slowly fell off the diet sometime during Phase 2........So here I am back again, 30 pounds heavier than when I first tried.
I'm extremely determined and can't wait to start making some progress! I did the old book last time so I need to do some exploring around the new lists to see what's new. Grocery shopping tonight. Wish me luck!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #8  
Beach Girl

S/C/G: 212/203/154

Height: 5'6''

I just looked at the list and am confused on avocado....how much of it am I allowed to eat a day?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

Wow, sorry about the "low-carb" thing, habit I guess.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Started phase 1 today fully knowing I am going to blow it big time tomorrow. So maybe I will call this a practice day and start offically on Wednesday. I need to refocus my eating and get back to losing and not just the same 5-10 pounds. So here I go again and I am going to be sure to check in daily because that will help. I have vegetables,beans,etc already bought and sodas put out of sight and will ask one of the kids to get me 1 a day if needed I have more people around me doing SB and my husband is starting to catch on!!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/261/165

Height: 5'8

Tomorrow is my first day on SB, and I'm so excited!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #12  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thicky Thick Girl View Post
I just looked at the list and am confused on avocado....how much of it am I allowed to eat a day?
Avocado - 1/3 whole = 1 TBS oil. You are allowed 2 Tbs of oils a day, so in theory you could have 2/3 of a whole avocado per day if you have no other fats.

Last edited by murphmitch; 06-01-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 AM   #13  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

I've been really happy with how phase one has been going. It's funny that the thing I seem to miss most is NOT bread (which I love) but FRUIT! Today I smelled my co-worker peeling an orange and I almost burst into tears at how amazing it smelled! Haha!! I've also noticed I have very few cravings for sweet and because I am eating so much more protein than usual, I am definitely not eating as much. Really, I've identified that bread type carbs are a huge trigger for me, so it's kind of nice to just not have them around at all. I'm feeling good, and other than some slight problems with backed up plumbing (I read the posts and know what to do!) everything is going well. I am a little bit sick of eggs but made the breakfast cheesecake, and this morning had some plain yogurt and a few almonds, and that did the trick. I've been making great homemade dinners (veggie chili tonight with beans, yum, last night was grilled lemon chicken with artichokes and cauliflower mash...). I love how you can be creative on this diet - so many other diets seem so restricting. So far so good!

Last edited by PopcornFiend; 06-02-2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

checking in before we are off to the pool. I have walked the dog and made breakfast to take with me. Going to walk around the park when the big kids are doing swim team stuff. Have to break up 3 hours at the pool somehow.
Then it is off to a good bye lunch with the kids a family friend is moving back home.(this is where I am going to blow phase 1) Will try to check in later. I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #15  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Smiles,

I totally understand calling SB a low carb diet. It is definitely lower carb than what I was eating before especially for the first two weeks. I am glad to hear you have the support of your family. I think that is half the battle especially in the beginning. For me having my family support and encourage me was definitely what I needed in order to stay on track until I really realized, "I can do this!" As for your stall, everyone stalls just don't get discouraged. You seem to have a positive outlook and solution. Keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilesIowa View Post
Hey everybody! I did good over the weekend. My family was impressed that I didn't eat buns with my food, and they didn't give me a hard time about it either so that's good. I think people are finally getting used to my low carb eating and that it's not just a phase. Today I'm starting back on the exericise thing. I think that's part of my weight stall. I was doing good for awhile and then I stopped, so let's hope I stick with it!
Closed Thread