South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat

Good morning and congratulations on your independence, American neighbours! I'm glad you folks live next door.

I am sick to death of pie making but am all done except for doing the meringues. Next time (if there is one) I'll make sure I get assigned the easier pies, i.e. ones with top crusts like good old apple or raisin.

Shocker on the scale this morning! I guess I've been nibbling or else am retaining water. We have had rain every day this week and I may have soaked up some. (There's an excuse for you!) I need an extra large body dehydrator.

I hope you have a lovely weekend with family and friends. I bet I'll be able to see smoke from the grills when I gaze south.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning There is actual sun shining through my window this morning and the sky is bright. I'm not sure what to do with myself.

Ruth - I hope that meringue is a quick job. How many pies did you have to make? Next year you should be able to bring the paper products!
I bet your scale is water logged and it has nothing to do with that wine you and Cottage were drinking I hope some of the dry air makes it up your way today.

So yesterday ended up far less productive than planned. Apparently I needed a slacker day. That does leave more on the To Do list but we are tempted to head out birding for awhile today. It's been such a long time since it's been nice enough to do that. Looks like we will go to the fireworks tonight so DP will have great pics tomorrow. We don't do much holiday stuff so mostly a normal day for us (except for the traffic!).

How is your weekend shaping up?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a glorious morning here, and the day promises to be perfect for picnics and fireworks.

Cyndi, I'm so glad that you are finally seeing the sun! Rain can be such a downer when you have it day after day. Set your To-Do list aside for another day and get out and soak up the sunshine. Your list will still be there when you get back.

Ruth, the joy will come when you start recieving compliments from those pies. Have fun meringueing! That's something I wouldn't have been much help to you on at all, my meringues never seem to turn out right. And no dropping pies today!

I may as well take up residence in a grocery store. I have to run back this morning to pick up stuff for our shrimp boil, and Jake needs something at Home Depot. I think he wants my permission to buy himself some sort of tool for his birthday present.

There will be just Monica, Eric and the girls here today, as the rest of my family is either at the shore or in the mountains camping. But we will have a pleasant day lazing around the pool and taking it easy. There are several fireworks displays scheduled around here, but Jake and I both dread the crowds and traffic jams getting in and out, so we'll just enjoy whatever displays we can see from our backyard.

Have a great day, everyone, no matter how you plan to spend your day!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Happy 4th everyone!
Ruth, at least with making all those pies, they will be less tempting! I know when I cook and cook and cook, it really starts to make me ill after a while..!
You know your pies must be the best since they are in such demand!

Cyndi, we are not doing much celebrating either. Went out last night with a friend and today are waiting for a call from my inlaws. My brother in law and sister in law are in town (well, in New Orleans) doing some touching up on her late Mom's house so it can be put up for sale. Other brother in law and sister in law are finally moving into a new house this weekend. Their house was destroyed in Katrina and they have lived in Virginia and Texas since then. Finally I have relatives back home! We are just waiting to find out what our "assignments" will be.

I'm off to water the gardens before the sun gets too high.

***Ah, Cottage, a shrimp boil!! Sounds like fun and yum!

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-04-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks,
I just don't know what the day will bring. IAfter I finish waking up (takes a while) I need to do a little cleaning this morning, but looks like a beautiful day, so maybe pooling or hiking this afternoon. After dinner we're driving to Baltimore - we've got prime fireworks viewing spots reserved on board DH's ship which is in the harbor downtown. Should be lots of fun!

Ruth, a body dehydrator is a great idea! I heard rumors you are coming our way sometime soon. Hope we can meet IRL!
cottage, enjoy your shrimp!
Cyndi, I agree, you must take advantage of the nice weather - you deserve a chance to dry out.
Hello Cat, enjoy our day.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
I bet I'll be able to see smoke from the grills when I gaze south.
Ruth, I had a huge chuckle reading your post! I thought of the pictures from space with big clouds of smoke coming from the US. I hope the prevailing wind doesn't blow your way-you might have to get the gas mask out. I'm glad to hear your pie making is almost coming to a conclusion. I agree, you deserve an easier duty next year. Have a great day, and thanks for the celebratory post.

Cyndi, hope your getting in the birding mode. I agree that a down day is sometimes much needed. Recharge the battery a bit. Glad to hear your weather has perked up!

Cottage, enjoy your day. Hope you can get all your driving chores out of the way early so you can kick back and have a true "backyard" day.

Femme, best wishes working on your "assignments". My heart goes out to everyone still rebuilding their lives.

Schmoodle, what a great evening you will have! One everyone will remember. There's nothing like having the best seat in the house!

Me, in Ispgs for a few days. Mom was in GWS with us, but invited us to her country club last night for King Crab night. It was enough motivation to hop in the car and brave the traffic. Wonderful meal totally OP! It is the second time I have passed on my favorite chocolate decadance. Can't even explain what it is, but it is definitely a SB. I made the WW carrot cake before I left, so had a piece when I got home. I'm not happy with the frosting. I used FF cream cheese and it tasted "pasty" to me. DH said it was fine. I think my taste buds are getting more sensitive to "processed" foods. Since I'm giving most of the cake away, I bought some reg. CC and think I will re-do. Today I'll work in the yard then do a little painting project at Moms. There are benefits to staying on her buddy list.

Last night, I had the opportunity to go through my big closet here. My favorite clothes that "don't fit" patiently await. I wore something last night that I had picked up at a thrift store five years ago!!! Even though I still have a few pounds to go to be at my LW, I can fit into stuff that I couldn't at this weight last year. SB I really believe that it is the abstinance from WF WS that makes the difference in inches.

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for the support-and if you have a thought on the pasty taste of FFCC give me a shout!
Old 07-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Lexxiss, congrats on the clothes NSV!! Instead of going full-fat cc, try the Neufchatel or lowfat. I agree the ff is not good in recipes, so I usually use the reduced fat.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:51 AM   #8  
sophie

Happy 4th of July chickies

Ruth - I am sure you will be glad when all that pie business is finished. They must be delicious.

cottage - Have a great day lazing around the pool. Hope the weather is warm enough.

Cyndi - Slackers are good for the soul. Enjoy the fireworks.

Femme - its nice that more family is coming closer to you. It makes you so happy I can tell.

Schmoodles - Your viewpoint sounds great. Baltimore harbour is lovely hope your parking isn't too much of a hassle.

Debbie - now you have given me cravings for carrot cake. It is nice to find a whole new wardrobe waiting for you without shopping. I brought so many things to Sallyann - some of my size 12 were from the eary 90s. I figured I'll buy new clothes when it happens.

me - no idea what is happening today. I hear Stephan (DH) breaking up the deck so I won't suggest any outings because he will jump at it right away. Besides it very cool here and windy.
enjoy your weekend and take care
Sophie
Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #9  

Morning girls!!

Another lazy morning here, then off to a friends for swimming and grilling this afternoon. I am really missing my 7 year old- they won't be back from Ohio until late Tuesday. She is having the time of her life, so I know she is making special memories.

DH and I bought a new camera last night- I can't wait to take tons of pictures today.

Hope that you all have a fun and SAFE 4th of July!!!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

What a lovely, rainy day. Not only is it just plain gloomy, but we can't do any of the fun stuff for the 4th. So.... we're pretty much bored. I'm going to be on my computer all day. Tom attempted the gym, but it's closed. Makes for lovely moods here.

I woke up with a feeling of dread today. I don't know what it's for, though. No one's died, that I know of, N. Korea's scuds were meant to defy, not to cause mass destruction, and as far as I know, everone I care about is safe and sound. Everybody ok on here? Feeling alright? No one has had any major losses?

There is a disturbance in the force.

WELL, guess I'll.... go look for coupons or something. Happy 4th to all. Hope those with sunshine are out enjoying it and that everyone is having a fantastic day!!!

Lisa
Old 07-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hellllllo chickies! I'm back!

I was without internet for a week, and SURVIVED!! We are in our new house, and I am SO glad that we waited for it. My favorite room by far is the living room...the views are spectacular. Even the rain looks beautiful. And especially today, because the weather (so far) is perfect for a holiday.

I'm going to skip personals today...I'm taking a break from painting.

I must say...I have eaten fairly poorly in the last week (REAL pizza, etc) , and I finally found my scale. I reluctantly stepped upon it, and .... I lost weight?!?!? Must be because less snacking, and more stress!!

I look forward to being on here more regularly. Take care, all!!
Old 07-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #12  

The lamb kabobs at Giovanni's were wonderful last night and we had a good time. It was late when we got back to his trailer so I ended up staying the night (as friends). We've both got too much baggage to jump into anything serious. It was really nice to wake up together (turns out he's a cuddler too) and I'm hoping we can spend more time this way when Brian is gone with his Dad.

Speaking of Brian, he is back from summer camp and had a great time. They split his patrol and he is a patrol leader again of 4 boys rather than 13 so it should be a lot easier. Now he just needs 4 months as patrol leader and he will have his Star rank because he finished three merit badges at camp. I'm having his 12th birthday party tomorrow and having two brothers over. One just got out of the hospital today after having his gall bladder out so he can't swim yet or eat high fat foods so we went ahead and picked up Rock Band 2 for the Wii so they can play that during the party. I need to run to the store now to make my strawberry pie so they can have that. Andrew can't eat cake and Brian doesn't really like it anyway so he asked for the sugarfree pie.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, hope all the celebrations today went off wonderful, our weather was a bit chilly and wicked windy so I focused on painting 2 of the boys bedrooms to prepare for their new carpeting coming Monday morning.... i'm super excited about getting it in. They have had pink carpets since we moved in this house 6 years ago (how is that for procrastinating?) They really could care less what color their carpets are though, gotta love that boys attitude. Makes me think that might be why I was never blessed with a daughter. I did bring my 3 younger boys out to enjoy some 4th of July poppers and they were a hoot. Went for a nice walk after dark with the dog, fireworks were popping all over the neighborhood.... it was really rather enjoyable.

And did someone mention shrimp.. mmmm love it. Does anyone know where I can get kechup that is on plan? I would love me some shrimp and cocktail sauce
Old 07-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Sunday morning and back to Oops. I love that user name!

Cold in here this morning so I'm back to my velour robe and fuzzy slippers. I refuse to turn on the heat in July. I watched some fireworks down at the Lake last night and had on my fall jacket. This is so wrong!

Big day ahead with pies to meringue, food to take to the Church, strawberries to be done and someone coming this morning to see Jazz. She's buying his brother and wants to see the finished product. Right now he is practising being adorably perfect.

Time to grab another coffee and have a wee soak in the tub while I plan my strategy. I'll be glad to "see" Monday tomorrow morning - it's been quite a week!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a sunny, glorious spring morning So it's technically summer but I'll take it anyway. It's a huge improvement from the last month and a half. I'd forgotten that the sun shines right in my face summer mornings. Makes typing a challenge but today I'm not complaining

Ruth - I pulled the fuzzy socks out too but it was a nice night for sleeping, no humidity. Hope those meringues don't take the whole day and you have time to enjoy the weather.

Oops - I buy a no sugar added ketchup at the natural food store. I know some chicks find sugar free too. I'm thinking about trying my own homemade. It looks pretty easy.

Last night the dark clouds and wind rolled in around 7 so we decided to skip the fireworks and watch a movie. It did stay dry but we have to walk 1+ miles from our car and just weren't in the mood to risk a downpour. There will be fireworks again in our town in August, so we will get to those instead.

It looks like the weather will be perfect for the Birds & Whales boat trip tomorrow. Now to check and see if they have enough people to run it. If not we already have alternate plans for our sunny day off

I'm scanning the recipe files for some good green bean ideas. I love them raw but haven't found much to do with them cooked yet. I know I'm mising something. I did see a really decadent recipe from Beachgal but just can't bring myself to make something with quite that much fat. I'd never keep myself to one serving unfortunately. If you have a favorite recipe I'd love to see it.

Today will be gardeninging if it gets dry enough. I'm being really careful about working in the wet garden because I don't want to spread any fungus that might be hanging around. We are also hoping to get a walk in somewhere. The sun feels so nice even if it is blinding me

Now for more coffee
Closed Thread