South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twitterings

Good morning. Cottage is still asleep. the dogs are snoozing on the couch and it's just me and you and the coffee.

We've been having a great time and Cottage now understands much of what I'm saying when I talk about this village. 'Tain't Mayberry! She and I sorted all the Fair schoolwork yesterday morning and then she was introduced to Bob and Bob's Diner plus the Church. My contractor was here late in the afternoon with the addition plans and then she cooked a great stir-fry dinner. I now like tofu!

Today we will do some Rideau Canal touring, have lunch somewhere quaint and then visit my sister at the Farm. Somewhere in there we should make the darn pies for Sunday. We definitely are having fun!

I hope your week is as great as mine!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Well if Cottage is still sleeping guess I shouldn't wait for her to post Sounds like you two are having a good visit. I love your descriptions of the village.

It's actually not raining this morning! It is supposed to rain this afternoon, maybe hard, but it's not raining now. I'm going to get out for a walk before work today, just in case it rains before I get a break.

It's just another office day. The whole week is office and paperwork. It's the end of the month and the end of the quarter so there are reports and a new newsletter to get out. It's quiet though so hopefully no drama. I did find out yesterday that even though my hours are now at 32 because I'm still considered fill time I get full benefits. That means I have 6 weeks vacation time this year! 24 days already seemed like a lot of time off but now it's even better. That should make it all slightly less painful.

Yesterday was perfectly on plan including an extra long, extra tough yoga class. SBD has really helped me get back in control after those eating days. I love this WOL.

So how are things in your neck of the woods?

ETA - I just noticed your sig Ruth. My best friend used that one for a long time. Great minds...

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-30-2009 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! You two are up WAY too early!

Ruth, I like the sound of your village, too! The little town were I work and Auston goes to daycare IS Mayberry. Everyone knows your business. It's kind of scary.

Cyndi, I thought about you last night. There was the most beautiful owl at my house. I watched him for at least 5 minutes before he few off. He actually watched me, too. Very curious! I got out the bird book, but couldn't identify him. He looked most like a screech owl, but they only get 7-8 inches tall. This bird was at least 15-18 inches. Huge! He had horns, but not big enough horns to be a Great Horned Owl. Any ideas what he could be?

Only two more sleeps till Louisiana!!! WooHoo!!! Any chance I can lose 15 before Thursday? sign.... I had such lofty goals.

It's going to be another long day today with Jazzercise after work, but hopefully, I'll be able to leave the office for a long lunch and get my nails done. We'll see what shows up on my desk this morning.

Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by Chelby29; 06-30-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi there Ruth, Cyndi and Chelby. Ruth, say hi to Cottage when she arises. Everyone-have a great day. I'm curious about the owl. I hope Cyndi can help identifying. Cyndi, I am grateful for the SB WOL, too. When I really focus on long term results, the dips in the road are manageable. I just get back on plan and focus on my healthy future.

My neck of the woods is still a little dark, but we're in our summer weather pattern so I'm pretty sure we'll have a nice day here-blue sky, hot and dry. to , recycle center, nursing home work, grocery shopping and home early. Mom is here and we're driving to Wyoming early Wed to peek at my Grandmothers homestead. Its a 1day trip and will hopefully be fun.

See you all later.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:18 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Rushing to get out of the house to go visit a new grocery store opening today....looks like a very "different" store, so looking forward to it... Neat murals painted all over it and they will have fresh sushi each day...my kind of place. Can't wait to check out the produce. A big Target is opening next month with groceries...I LOVE the produce at the one I visited in Baton Rouge!

Our mall was torn down shortly after Katrina (was planned before the storm) and things are finally starting to open up one by one....so far, Penney's, a Best Buy, a Greek restaurant and a steak house. It is going to be a beautiful mall if they ever get it finished.

Chelby..where in LA are you visiting?

Hope everyone has a great day visiting (Ruth and Cottage) and glad your yoga class went well, Cyndi! I forgot a bag in NC that had all my gym stuff in it...my sis is going to overnight it. Miss the gym!!!

Morning, Lex..!!! hope you have a great day! we were posting at the same time.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-30-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #6  

Cat, My family lives in Lake Charles. My maiden name ends with -eaux.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #7  
-

Chelby, I had ancestors that ended with "oooo".....Richeux...or is yours an "ah?"...geaux, Chelby, geaux!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #8  

Mine is the long O sound. I'm a good CoonA**.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Chelby - I'd guess you are right on with great horned. It could be a yearling and the horns might be smaller. Big birds often take several years to reach full plumage and markings but at that size it's hard to imagine what else it would be.

Debbie - The change in thinking makes all the difference for me.

I've been listening to The End of Overeating and most of the solutions are things I've read before (but it's always good to be reminded). Chanigng self talk and forming new habits is so important. The information about what he calls conditioned hyper-eating and restaurants is really interesting, as is all the food/brain/emotion research. This morning though there was a piece I want to remember. When we have a memory and craving we usually just remember how good the food tasted and the emotional bump we got from it. He says "play the tape to the end", remember the part after that little high. For me that's the guilt, horrid over-full feeling, and long term consequences. I'm going to add this to my repertoire of new rules. Cravings and occasional lapses are still a problem for me so it's always good to have another tactic.

Cat - the new grocery store sounds wonderful! I am so spoiled by the Co-op and other stores in out little town. I forget that you can't get healthy take-out most places.

Okay, I should pretend to work for awhile Actually I'm sorting books this morning so that will be fun. Then I get to deliver them later, more fun.

BTW - Where is Cottage? DO you think Ruth has her chained to the table with a potato peeler in heand???
Old 06-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #10  
sophie

Good morning,

Ruth and Cottage have a great day and I hope you see the sun in your part of Ontario because its not here.

Cyndi - six weeks of holidays is wonderful. Something to look forward to.

Chelby - family will love you just the way you are.

Debbie - your attitude towards SB WOL is so great. I have to remember it all the time.

Femme - enjoy your new grocery store. Glad to hear that things are getting back to near normal.

Me - We have FINISHED cleaning out the storage area in the basement and as my favourite phrase goes (mis en place)- everything in its place. What a relieve. I am finally able to focus on some creative aspects of my life and enjoy the rest of the summer.
take care
Sophie
Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #11  

Morning!

Hope that no one minds if I jump back into the daily posts. I am restarting SBD after a year or two of trying other programs. I know that this works for me if I am patient!

Ruth Sounds like you and Cottage are having a lovely time. I have to admit that I have never tried tofu!

Cyndi It was dark and gloomy here yesterday morning with lots of rain. I loved it, but only b/c we don't get a whole lot of it here in the summers.

Chelby Is it a family vacay that you had planned?

Lexxiss I like your attitude on focusing on long term goals- I think that has been my biggest obstacle with weightloss- not seeing that it is going to be a life long change.

Cat It sounds like you are doing well! The new store sounds awesome.

Day 1 of Phase 1 went great- I know I ate no where near enough food, but my eating has been such a trainwreck the last 6 weeks or so, that I was just thrilled to stay on plan all day. Today will be even better.

Going swimming with my youngest and our neighbor here in an hour or so. Other than that, not a lot going on today- Bible study tonight. Can't wait- we are only one week into the study, but I think it is going to be great.

I love summer!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

Kiko- never tried TOFU!??! WHAT???? DO try... I like it "fried" in olive oil.. crispy. Yummm... Hang in there with SB!!

Cyndi- where did you get that cd/tape that you are listening to? Who is the author? Is this like a motivational speaker?

Femmecreole- Where in LA. are you from? I was born in Metairie and grew up in Kenner. . . Are you familiar with those areas? Awesome to see a suthunah.

Trying to keep positive, with everything that has gone on in the past month. Still doing well on SB, and trying not to think too much about my dads passing, and trying to stay in auto pilot emotionally with my marriage. BLEGH. It seems like it all goes at once sometimes. BUt, trying to keep my head up... its so pathetic Im reading those little motivational quotes throughout the day.. just to try to keep myself positive. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But, in this moment.. I'm just trying to enjoy my iced coffee. Hopefully, the week turns out well.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #13  

I like tofu in chinese food. Especially hot and sour soup. I haven't tried it "fried" though.

I had a good dinner last night. I grilled some portobello mushrooms on the grill until they were just about done and then topped them with pizza sauce and chopped scallions and cheese. Yum! I'm not sure what I'm fixing tonight. Either pork chops or chicken with lots of veggies. So far my weight is cooperating and I'm down for the month. I hope I can keep it up.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #14  

Kiko, It's nice to meet you! We have a family reunion in Louisiana every year for 4th of July. It's always good food and good family time. We stay for a long weekend. I'd love to say longer, but my DH is a curmudgeon and can't be away from home too long.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #15  
-

Moncheree.
Yep VERY familiar. I grew up on the lakefront about a block from the Mardi Gras Fountain, on Marconi..(before that out in a boathouse on west end) and before that on St. Bernard Ave. about a block from where the Greek Church is now...I'm a Mt. Carmel, Kennedy girl! My husband went to Rummel. Sister in law lived in Kenner before the storm.(you might know her kids?...) She just moved back to Metairie last week!

I moved to Hammond to go to SLU and just never left. But we go into N.O. at least a couple of times a month..it's still home.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-30-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Closed Thread