What's for dinner in the summer?

You're on Page 5 of 21
Go to
  • Tonight it's Kashi Thin Crust Margherita Pizza and roasted cauliflower.
  • Had a big, fat salad for lunch. Had a big, fat salad for dinner. I'm salad-ed out! Tomorrow I'm making spaghetti squash pizza.
  • Broiled lemon herb salmon with a huge salad.
  • Chicken breast, peppers, onions and zucchini sauteed in EVOO with a little pesto added in. Need to get to Farmers Market tomorrow. I'm out of produce.
  • Anne, You reminded me that our Farmer's Market is open tomorrow. Hooray!
  • My favorite dish this summer was salmon grilled on the grill (gas) on a cedar plank. Soaked the cedar plank for 1 hour (or more). Piece of salmon, skin side down and don't turn it. Mmm, yum.

I'm new to liking Salmon. Have steamed it also with a dill sauce.

Kudos regarding Vidalia Onion mentions. One of the BEST things about summer, along with tomatoes.
  • Another great meal was BBQ chicken salad. Lettuce & spinach, black beans, avocado, diced tomato, bits of bacon, roasted or grilled chicken (grilled bone-in breasts, pulled skin-off before tearing into bite-sized bits. Sauted onion on top.

Dressing: LF sour cream and LF mayo with a touch of BBQ sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a touch of cummin. Needed to thin dressing with a touch of water.
  • Tonight we had:

~Herb-Marinated Chicken
    ~Broccoli
    ~Salad
    ~Sugar-Free Jell-O
  • Baby bok choy with sesame oil & soy sauce, veggie burgers
  • Grilled salmon with spicy soy ginger sauce, mixed greens salad, and a SBD no-no, corn-on-the-cob.
  • Peppercorn pork tenderloin on the grill (yum), roasted tomatoes and zucchini (from Rachael Ray last week), steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato and corn on the cob (for the family).
  • As I was marinating the London Broil for tonight's dinner, I decided I'd let it marinate until tomorrow. There are leftovers in the fridge and it's just my daughter and I again tonight. If my oldest comes home, there's enough salad, shredded chicken I made earlier from the extra chicken I didn't prepare yesterday, and other things. Knowing him, he ate with friends before he came home.

I'm going to have salad and toss in some of the shredded chicken. For dessert, I may have a sugar-free Jell-O or a sugar-free Fudgesicle.
  • Macaroni and Cheese. It's really good, just like my Grandmother used to make....only two changes....alot less fat and WW pasta. A big salad, of course, sauteed zucchini. A treat for dessert WW blueberry gingerbread cake.
  • Tonight it was roasted cauliflower topped with a spicy marinara sauce and sprinkled with goat cheese. Dessert is going to be a fresh sliced peach topped with FF Cool Whip and a sprinkle of SF granola.
  • Swiss chard frittata with a side of zucchini spirals tossed quickly with a tiny bit of EVOO and plenty of garlic