South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 AM   #1  

Default Question- P1 "refresher"

I have a question about restarting Phase 1.
I’ve been following the plan for a while now but got off track when I went on vacation 2 weeks ago. (I did well in some aspects- only one desert “treat”- but we had bad weather which took away beach time and we did a crab dip tour of Ocean City!)
I decided to restart Phase 1 last Thursday to help get rid of cravings (I didn’t think they were bad until I had to teach a summer workshop and the cookies there wouldn’t stop singing to me until I finally ate some!)
Anyhow, on to my actual point/question- for those of you who have done a Phase 1 “refresher”- how long did you stay on it? Two weeks for a full P1, one week, just til cravings go away? Did you jump right into P2 after or slowly work back in to P2?

I haven’t had any cravings since the first day of restarting, but then, I’ve had just about no appetite either- it’s weird!
wonderlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wonderlin, you just do P1 until the cravings go away. However, if you can't tell that the cravings are bad or are not sure how long it takes, I'd do it for 5 days. Most people are able to detox from sugar in 3-5 days. Definitely don't do it for more than a week.

I just jump back into P2 afterwards. If you already know your "combo" (the Phase 2 combination of foods that works for you), then you can just go back to that. If you're still figuring it out, then you can go back to the last step you were on (for instance, you'd figured out that you could have 1 fruit and 1 starch a day and were trying 2 starches to see if it worked).

Hope that helps!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote