South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

Default I have been MIA.. glad to be back.

This month has been INSANE. My step-father who raised me passed away on June 1st of brain cancer. My husband and I have been talking divorce. I have been having financial troubles... And I have been super depressed!!! AND SOMEHOW... I have been able to stay pretty commited to South Beach. On June 1st I had my first cheat day (right after the funeral was over), since the day I first started South Beach (April 10th, 2009). So, I went 2 months without a cheat is good, I guess. Right after the funeral, family was going to the after "party". And pretty much everyone wanted a drink or three afterwards. The first thing I said walking out of the cemetary is I WANT BAD FOOD, AND I WANT IT NOW. Just proves that food gives me comfort. And boy did I need it. I went and had mexican food... and LOTS of it! I had LOTS of chips and salsa, Pollo Fundido, and beans. I ate EVERYTHING. I felt HORRIBLE for many reasons than one. First, I OVERATE, and had a CARB OVERLOAD. It felt like boulders in my belly. Its amazing how a couple months ago.... I wouldn't have even felt the pain of over eating and it was kind of a reality check. Yes, I know.. my dad died and it was a good excuse if there is any. BUT, I really noticed how depression is what had made me gain all the weight in the first place. I have been so happy with myself and so proud of myself in the past couple months for sticking to South Beach. I can't believe I have lost over 30 pounds in 2 1/2 months. That in itself... incredible. Especially for me. I wanted to thank everyone on here for the contuinued support. Love you all.. and know that we all make a difference in peoples lives with just the little bit of time and words/correspondance with other ladies on here. Anyways... I'm glad to be back and plan to reach my goal by OCTOBER (my 10 year high school reunion). Keep up the good work ya'll!!
lots of love...xoxo
moncheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi

Welcome back. Sorry you have had such a bad month. I'm very glad to see you again. Hope you start feeling better!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-25-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's nice to see you again, Moncherie, and welcome back!
I'm sorry that you've had such a rough time, and hope the future looks brighter. At least you'll have control over what you eat, and you'll be feeling much better about that. Good luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

thanks ladies.
moncheree is offline   Reply With Quote