South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Cluckings

We were very quiet over the Weekend and I realize it's still the weekend for most of you. I hope your day is full of family, friends and remembrance and pride. That's what's important!

Looks like another sunny day is about to happen. I did a fair amount of gardening yesterday and my knees feel it today. I was up and down the stairs to the deck too many times. Things will loosen up as I get moving.

Today I have to go to the bank to sign some papers for the soccer club and will pick up veggies to make a broccoli/cauliflower salad to take to our Church dinner meeting tonight. It's a pot luck so I will be sure to take something I can eat. I know Claire is bringing some skewers of pork tenderloin so I should be all set.

Have a delightful day whatever you do.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning on this MEMORIAL DAY Monday. Jake had the coffee all ready this morning, so come and help yourself to a cup.

Cute picture, Ruthie! I don't know where you find these things, but thanks for the cheery greeting.

We had a lovely day yesterday and the weather was perfect for our cookout. It was only after everyone went home last night and we had everything cleaned up that the thunderstorms went through. Today is a bit cooler and we may get some showers this afternoon, but we don't have anything planned for the day. I have laundry to do, and may go to Walmart for a brand spanking new laundry basket, but I plan to take it easy and enjoy my day off.

How's everyone spending this holiday today?
Old 05-25-2009, 06:38 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone

Good morning, Ruth. Yes, I agree, "online friends help to make each day special." In addition to gardening season, it must also be potluck season! Have a nice sunny day.

Cottage, enjoy your day off!

It looks like we're continuing with rain here, which I don't mind except I can't I didn't have food issues this weekend, but with the rain and schedules I sure didn't get any exercise in. That being said, I guess I'd better get to the pool this morning and maybe put in 15 minutes on the exercise bike as well.

Other than that, it's genealogy, gardening and housecleaning.

Thanks everyone for being here for me.

Debbie R
Old 05-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning gals

Ruth - love the picture Sorry your knees are giving you trouble again. I hope they loose up and you're back out in your garden when it warms up out there. Is the broccoli cauliflower salad the standard veggies and dressing thing or do you have a secret recipe?

Cottage - It was nice of the weather to be so cooperative. We never saw any of the rain even though it threatened most of the day. Hope you enjoy your extra day off

Debbie - Apparently all the rain is falling in Colorado Wow, way to go with food choices Holiday weekends can certainly be challenging.

Looks like a lovely 70ish day here today. DP and I are off to do a couple of small hikes/bird walks this morning. Then later I need to plant the beans for my bean tepee (it's so cute) and move things around in the new annual herb section. It's a self named section because I have about 12 volunteer cilantro plants I've decided to work around. Guess we will be eating lots of Mexican bean salads this year

Time to get moving

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-25-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

morning all and happy memorial day for those in us. heading out to a bbq and birthday party combo for my 3 year old nephew. should be lots of fun
Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Morning everyone,

Ruth- Sorry to hear you knees are bothering you, hope they loosing up soon.

Cottage- Glad the weather held out for you, enjoy your day.

Debbie- Way to go on the food choices this weekend, mine were not the best but back on track today.

Cyndi- Have fun on your walks today, enjoy your day.

Met4life- Hope you have wonderful time at your party.

As for me- It is kinda of cloudy not sure if it is going to rain, if it doesn't we are going to the Gypsy Caravan in St. Louis this morning. Nice to get to sleep in an extra day this week.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Happy Memorial Day Ladies! Its cloudy here again today and I am hoping the rain holds off. Eating has really not been good for me lately and I am the only one to blame... I am going to have to get back on track with my SBD principles! its so easy to give a little then a little more than before you know it your whole diet is about wiggle room~!! ah well. its all about dusting yourself back off and never giving up right?! We are tiling today no other big plans- maybe a little housework and a trip to whole foods as well... Hope you guys have a great memorial day!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hapy Memorial Day American chicks. Hope we all have some fun plans on the agenda. Me, not so much. We were going to go check out a local park we haven't visited yet, but I'm sure thunderstorms are imminent, so instead I guess I will head to Kohl's with the DDs. DD1 is going to Vegas next weekend and needs some shorts, and the kids need some summer stuff too. I hate to shop, and particularly on a busy shopping day, but there never seems to be a good time time to do it. Later we're going to my mom's for a cookout dinner.
We had a great time in Annapolis with my brother Saturday. He really lucked into a great apartment, it's over an old carriage house, so lots of character, and right on the river, so he can sit on the balcony and enjoy the view of downtown. I'm so glad, because the place he was before was a real pit, and now he has a nice place to come home to after work. We had a long walk downtown, and the kids wanted to go by our old house, where we ended up visiting and catching up with some neighbors, then rounded things out with dinner at our old favorite restaurant. Very nice day!
I got a lot done this weekend too, including getting most of the front door sanded (except for the detail work I have to do by hand. We should have 4-day weekends every week!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 228/200/155

Height: 5'1

How do I used the ticker??
Old 05-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300.1/*ticker*/269

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! I hope all of you have a great day! I have a graduation party and a girls night out planned for today, so wish me luck!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #11  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Memorial Day to those in the U.S.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Last edited by mizski; 05-25-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbug02468 View Post
How do I used the ticker??
You must be here 20 full days and have 20 posts before you can add a ticker to your signature.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Hi Everyone

It's still drippy here, but we did get the lawn mowed in between. I did get to the club and pool and did get an hour of exercise in, but there were just too many people. We will probably go visit our friend who is in the hospital and then eat healthy tonight. See you all tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I know you didn't recognize me with my dazzling tan, but it's me. We had the most wonderful time at the beach. Actually, we only went to the beach once. There was a 'low' in the Gulf and the waves were huge (double red flags) and the water was mirky. It seemed dangerous. So, we hung out at the pool. We ate seafood. I had dinner with an old friend from college. It was just a nice get-away.

Back to reality... You should see my laundry pile! WOW!!! I am ready to sleep in my own bed tonight. I need to go to the grocery, because I'm going to be a Phase 1 Phool this week!
Closed Thread