South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-22-2009, 07:52 AM   #1  

Default Newbie Here - Sick of Eggs for Breakfast!

Hi everyone! I just found this community and I've been reading over the posts. What a great place to gab and gain support. I'm Kate and I'm trying to lose the 20+ lbs. I've gained since getting married 4 years ago.

My story is waaay too much fast food, grabbing unhealthy carb-laden foods instead of nutritious home-cooked meals. Also, an addiction to sugars that I never really realized until I read the SB book. Also, I just discovered I have PCOS and we're hoping to conceive soon.

So...I'm about 5 days into it. I have to say, it is so much easier than I thought it would be. I am honestly not driven by cravings all day, and that is such a freeing feeling. The only complaint I have is I feel I'm eating the same old stuff even if I dress it up a different way...and the only specific complaint I have is breakfast. I don't think I can stand to see another egg, but I'm not sure what other option I have of filling my belly and fighting cravings the rest of the day.

Last night I made bacon-veg-cheese egg cups and I'm hoping that makes it more interesting. I also hard-boiled some eggs and I thought about trying those with a little string cheese.

Breakfast is really the only time when I am internally whining for fruit and toast. Any menu ideas would be appreciated!

Last edited by probably; 06-04-2009 at 09:23 AM.
probably is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Kate! There's no need to eat eggs every day for breakfast, just like you can do this plan and never eat a salad if you hate them. Think outside of the box and you'll come up with lots of breakfast options, and be sure to check out our recipe section. There's plenty of ideas there to get you started. And soon enough you'll be on Ph2 and will be able to have your fruit in the morning. Even a piece of WW toast to go with it!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kate! We're happy you found us here, and we'll make room for your towel here on The Beach.

I hope you've read the book before you got started on this plan to fully understand the fundamentals of this healthy way of eating. You definitely do not have to eat eggs if you don't want to. There are plenty of other alternatives, and lots of us even eat our previous night's dinner leftovers for breakfast. Check out our recipes section for some great ideas for your meals, and here's a sticky from our FAQ section regarding breakfast alternatives that will give you more ideas -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57532

Good luck, and we hope to hear from you often!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Beans, salsa and cheese make an interesting breakfast, when you are tired of eggs. If you don't like beans, some of the white beans are not as beany tasting as others and with the salsa and lf cheese it's pretty tastey.

But this week I tried the cinnamon eggs recipe and it's amazing how it brightens up the old eggs for breakfast.

Sarah in MD
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #5  

Thank you so much for the helpful hints and suggestions!

Last edited by probably; 06-04-2009 at 09:23 AM.
probably is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kate! I hate eggs and don't eat them at all, but I have plenty of options for breakfast. I'm sure you'll find some that work for you.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote