3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > South Beach Diet

South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Help! New to SB

Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #1

Height: 5ft 4in

Default Help! New to SB

I am on my 2nd week of Phase one and am happy with my progress so far. I am going on a field trip with my daughter on Thursday (day 11 on Phase 1) and I have to pack a lunch. All I can think to pack is a sandwich and some fruit. I don't know what else to back for this sort of thing. Is packing a sandwich with friut (whole wheat bread and berries) going to mess up my progress? I have to be able to throw everything away when I am done because we will not be able to carry anything when we are done eating.

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #2

I would stick with phase 1 food only.Boiled eggs, cheese,veggies.Then you can have a more substantial supper.I think SB works best if you follow Phase 1 for entire 14 days.Just my opinion.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #3

S/C/G: 245/???/145

Height: 5'4"

You could take nuts, mozzarella cheese sticks, hardboiled eggs, raw veggies and hummus dip, lunchmeat wraps (with cheese and wrapped in a lettuce leaf), roasted chick peas.
It's best to start out Ph2 slowly, adding back one thing at a time. A two-slice sandwich would be two grains plus a fruit, and it's possible it might set off some cravings.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #4

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'6"

You might be able to pack tuna salad or chicken salad (without bread of course) if you wrapped it in a few layers of foil and brought a plastic fork. That might make it feel like a more substantial lunch than just veggies and cheese.
blondiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #5

S/C/G: 180/164.8/135

Height: 5'3

All of these are great ideas! I would do the lunchmeat wraps with cheese, raw veggies or can of v8 juice. take along a cheese stick,nuts or sunflower kernels to munch. Tuna salad on celery sticks is also a good lunch. I have also taken salad in a sandwich baggie, dressing in a snack baggie and when ready to eat combine the 2 and eat out of the bag with a plastic fork or you could even take a small plastic or paper plate or even foil to eat if on.

Vking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #6

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

One of my DH's favorite lunches when he was following this plan with me was to wrap a slice of deli luncheon meat and LF cheese around celery sticks. He would also take a deviled egg (put the halves together and wrap it) and some nuts. He's a big eater, and it filled him up and satisfied him until suppertime.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.