South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #16  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Good morning! Chelby I feel your Mommy guilt... I am having some of that myself. My kids get out of school in less than 2 weeks, and I already feel guilty that I will be working this summer.
This is such a CRAZY week!! I have so many things going on with the kid's schools, ballet dress rehersal, so much baking to do for different occasions this week, like FIL's birthday on Friday. I am in day-to-day survival mode. Then this weekend we kick it into crazy mode. DS is having his friend's birthday party, the same day DD has her dance recital, then Sunday we are having a big family birthday party. WHEW. This morning when my eyes opened I layed there for a second trying to bottle up some peace and quiet! Once this week and weekend is over, life should calm down. Then I will cash in on the massage I promised myself.
On the flip side, I have let the working out fall to the side and the scale is proving it. I know a lot of it is water, but I have gained 5lbs in less than a week!!! Seriously? Like I wasn't stressed out enough! I can't stomach the 4:30am runs right now... but I need to do something. I am going to try to make it to the gym tonight after we eat dinner. I need to do something to make myself feel better. Right now I feel F-A-T!

Last edited by Jenskihere; 05-19-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon everyone,

Chatty bunch today- I hope everyone enjoys all the gardening they are doing today.

DD play rehearsals went well last night, tonight I just found I have to do a phone conference at 5 p.m. so rush home from work to do more work. LOL. anyways we have haircuts at 6:30 p.m. so hopefully it will be over before then.

Have a nice afternoon everyone
Old 05-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #18  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Morning all.

Well yesterday turned out to be an interesting day. Walked a mile on the treadmill and nearly passed out (dizzy, lightheaded, saw black spots, shaky, couldn't move well, some confusion), blood sugar tested at 38. Called the doctor who told me to me to get a piece of candy (already had grabbed one, dont worry had real food after just needed a quick boost.) and have my husband to take me to her office. Got there and blood sugar was back up to 60. For now until we get my blood test results and she can figure out what exactly is going on she said to just try to concentrate on eating healthy the best I can, but if I feel sick to do something about it. Also has me testing blood sugar 6 times a day, fun fun. She looked at my menu for the day and said the hypoglycemia shouldn't have hit me that hard, so she called the lab and put a rush on my results and she should have them hopefully by the end of the week (slow lab, rush means in less than 3 weeks for them). She also ordered another group of tests, some more specific than she ordered last time. She likes that I was working out, and told me to continue. Mostly for now to concentrate on just trying to eat healthier,to try a modified phase 2, and tracking what may be affecting my blood sugar so wildly.

Last edited by Cebsme; 05-19-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: added something
Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #19  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chickies,
Sorry, I have been missing, computer had some work done on it my Ds this weekend.

I have been busy with some gardening whenever the sun came out. Its been a cold weekend here and finishing some projects and also I hemmed 3 pair of pants for a friend that is going on a holiday to Japan.
DH is out to lunch with some friends, all retirees from his department and I hope that he will get out more. One of them just retired and he is an organizer so I hope he keeps it up. DH is just too much of a homebody.
We are going on a trip at the beginning of June to Quebec City and Charlevoix area (east of Quebec City) and I am really looking forward to it. Besides that I have been having a hard time staying on plan.
Hope everyone has a successful day.
take care
Sophie
Old 05-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Cebsme: Take care of you!

Sophie: My brother is stationed in Japan. I would love to visit, but the cheapest airline tickets I've found are around $1600. Yikes!

Last night in Jazzercise, I pulled a muscle in my lower abdominals. Do you know when you use your abdominals? ALL THE TIME!!! When you cough, when you potty, when you reach for something. OUCH! Tonight I cheated on the routines that really worked those muscles. Don't tell my students.
Closed Thread