South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #16  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but you have lost 16lbs in about a month. that is A LOT! especially when you don't have that much to lose! I would DEFINITELY go back and input into fitday as others have mentioned you may not be eating enough calories. I don't think when Ruth mentioned it she was implying that you were eating too much- its a great tool to use daily so when you do or don't lose you can look at the differences in your diet from week to week... I use Calorie King and love it- but they are basically the same...

SO my advice is keep tracking, eat more veggies, keep up with your calories and make sure you are eating enough... you lost 16lbs in a month, some of that was probably water that has come back and the fat is probably moving out so you probably are still losing. Also, maybe you want to take measurements? It is best to lose 1-2lbs a week... so you are way ahead of the game. Breathe and don't let it get you down, just keep eating healthy and the loss will come!
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #17  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

And there are so many FUN ways to get your veggies. Look through the recipe forums and check out a ton of yummy ones. Some examples:

Spinach Artichoke Dip with veggie dippers (or Homemade Tortilla Chips)
Seven Layer Taco Dip with veggie dippers (or Homemade Tortilla Chips)
Spinach, Rice, & Feta Pie
Other Spinach Dips
Stuffed Mushrooms
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Overnight Vegetable Salad

You should ideally have veggies with every meal. Check out all the veggie Side Dishes, and look for entrees that have veggies in them (Taco Bake!)

Add chopped mushrooms and peppers to NSA spaghetti sauce.

As mentioned above, drink a glass of Low Sodium V8 with breakfast (1 cup = 1 serving of veggies.)

If you have a sandwich, make sure to have tomato and cucumber slices on it, and a lettuce leaf.

STIR FRY!!!!

Omelet with spinach and mushrooms.

Just sneak them in! And you definitely need to make sure you get all your calories. Less food = weight rentension. Your body needs X amount of calories to survive, and when it sees you getting less than you need consistently, it shuts down so you don't starve.

Something else that helped me is that I make sure to eat my snacks even when I'm not hungry. Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Snack (but not too late.) If you space out your food throughout the day, your blood sugar remains steady, and your metabolism stays up. Eat some raw veggies and hummus, or celery with natural PB or light laughing cow.

Now I'm hungry after all this food talk. Good luck sister! You can do it!
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I agree with everyone here I think you need to eat more. I looked at what you eat and was like OMG thats all! Adding veggies will add some good healthy calories. Your body needs the right kind of fuel to keep you going.
I know spenda and FF creamer are permitted on the plan but all those chemicals can't be good for you. I would suggest trying to get your calories in a more balanced natural way.
One of my goals is to give up diet coke and splenda in my coffee and tea. So far I've gotten past the splenda but I still love my diet coke I just try to have it only once in a while as a treat.
The great thing about SB is that it helps you find your own balance. But definatly, add some veggies
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/133/115

Height: 5'0"

OMG You girls are so awesome. AND I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! God I love this place. Ok..

losin it ~ I'm totally hangin in this diet like I never have before. I have finally been able to harness that motivation when on other diets when I got discouraged.. I would be like, "F*** this!!" It's hard sometimes when you are doing your best to see it go by sooooo slow!! Hang in there dollface.

Weezle~ I always love hearing advice from you.. I mean seriously you just gave me the most awesome list of "veggie ideas" I have ever seen! ha ha *much love*

RDW1~ I know, I know.... I am probably on of the most impatient people you will EVER meet. I'm the one in line fidgeting..tapping my foot, and popping my gum. You are right... I do need to pat myself on the back. It's so hard though when in Phase 1 you lose so much SO FAST and then go down to a snails pace!! I haven't taken measurements, but I can tell I have lost. You know the frustrating thing for me was to FEEL that I am losing.. like I need to go buy new bras.. on the last "buckles" and still loose.. My pants are super sloppy looking on me. SO, I know I have lost a lot of inches. I guess keeping track of the inches I have lost would be just as motivating.. Because FEELING it.. but not seeing it on the scale has really been getting to me.

Nancy237/Sarahyu ~ You know, it isn't the first time I have heard that my weight goal is insane. LOL... I know... OKAY so... I am going to change my goal to 115 (10 pounds more than where the goal is currently at) And then once I get there, I can re-evaluate and see if I really need to be 105 pounds. I am a very petite build, so 10 pounds on me looks like 20. Small bone structure and I'm 5 foot even. However, I looked up my weight range and its like 103-133. So, I went with 105. I guess somewhere in the middle would be good as well. Thanks for your advice!

SunnyGee ~ I love SPLENDA... can you tell? I know, I know.. its a lot of splenda.. it truly is. I guess I DO need to cut back on the "sugar free and sugar substitutes"..

And to the rest of you that I missed... THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE.. and don't slap me.. BUT... since I posted this I lost another four pounds!! Weighed myself this morning and I'm 138!!! WOO HOO!!

I will add in more veggies, more cals, cut a little splenda out, re-evaluate my weight goal, and start measuring myself as another motivator!!

THANK YOU LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!
moncheree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #20  
Passion Fruit!

S/C/G: 201/136.4/115

Height: 5 ft. 1 3/4 in.

4-7 days after you give up all Splenda/other sugar substitutes, your craving for sugar/sugar products will literally disappear. It's true. Congrats, and what IS your secret to all this weight loss? LOL
Sunny Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #21  

you know, just look up at my menu... thats my secret.. I also take psyllium husk capsules 15 min before I eat any higher glycemic meal basically when I am going to be eating any bread or fruit. Dunno if that is the secret or not... but it keeps me on the regular. lol
Old 05-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #22  

oh..and i dont really CRAVE sweet things... I just like sweetner in my coffee and oatmeal... lol
Old 05-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #23  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncheree View Post
you know, just look up at my menu... thats my secret.. I also take psyllium husk capsules 15 min before I eat any higher glycemic meal basically when I am going to be eating any bread or fruit. Dunno if that is the secret or not... but it keeps me on the regular. lol

I use the benefiber also mixed in drinks before meals sometimes but I never thought to pair it with the higher glycemic foods...I am going to try that.
I lost only 3 pounds with the phase 1 and none for the week I have been on phase 2 (too many birthdays around here). I am going to go back to phase
1 for a week and get back on track.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #24  

Well in the south beach diet book (the first one) it talks about some clients taking psyllium husk 15 min prior to a high glycemic meal.. in lowers the GI and keeps you full. SO, I took DR. A's advice...
Old 05-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #25  

OK.. so i joined fitday and look what it says about my weight! I told you that 105 was a "healthy" goal. hmmph.

Your BMI: 26.95
A BMI between 25 and 30 is considered overweight.
The healthy weight range for your height is between 94.7 lbs and 128 lbs.
Your weight is 10 lbs above the healthy range.

Last edited by moncheree; 05-22-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #26  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I don't like to rely so much on BMI's. It doesn't really tell you how much muscle or fat you have. Better to have your bodyfat tested and figure out if that is withing a healthy range. Lots of fitness centers will do this. Maybe that would give you a better idea of what you should weigh.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote